Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't expect (although I wanted it to be) the sculpt to look as good as this, but I did kinda want it to be closer to it.

1544932_658517240887929_871899128216031854_n.jpg

attachment.php

Not as impressed with how the sculpt looks in the newer batch of pics. Although I like the decision to go with a seamless neck. I'm still ok with my decision to pre order, but (for now anyway) I'm a little bit disappointed with the sculpt I'm seeing.

Not disappointed enough to cancel though :lol

Agreed, The disparity between proto and production is more disappointing on some pieces than others. This one looks like it's falling further away than I was hoping for also. Of course a lot of that nice pigmentation and highlights will get lost in the production process, but the main problem with a lot of these releases are the eyes. Those decals are rarely even close to how good the painted eyes look on the protos

Agreed, The disparity between proto and production is more disappointing on some pieces than others. This one looks like it's falling further away than I was hoping for also. Of course a lot of that nice pigmentation and highlights will get lost in the production process, but the main problem with a lot of these releases are the eyes. Those decals are rarely even close to how good the painted eyes look on the protos
Yeah. The eyes really can make or break a sculpts likeness.

HT's tDW Thor, compared so nicely to it's proto. Kinda wanted this to do the same. I guess the blogger pics will be a better indication of what the figure looks like. See what they post.

I saw someone on PE speculate that it was associated with something called Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade? WTF?

Edit: Stealth called it, the Panzer. OK, another SDCC prototype other than Batman Returns or Ripley will go up for PO. Yay! :slap

Back