Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see the conundrum. A third head would've been nice. Maybe with a little battle damage. A part of me wishes this was his normal suit. Still pretty tempting though.

pspoke to Kidulttoys and he said its this week. So My wallet is cocked and loaded. I asked him and he said by the end of this week that may be thursday or friday but either way I'm ready.

Really? then why tease the panzer figure and release it today? never seen two releases in a week before?

Panzer Cop is not a major U.S. figure not many people know about him. Same as Cloud from Stormriders. But it is hard to tell what is what, Kiddulttoys aka Tony Chueng eBay listing say released within this week so that is a prettttttyyyyyyyy bold listing to put up with out solid concrete assurance. But then again Hong Kong suppliers are pretty broad and vague on their listings.

I didn't expect (although I wanted it to be) the sculpt to look as good as this, but I did kinda want it to be closer to it.

1544932_658517240887929_871899128216031854_n.jpg

attachment.php

Not as impressed with how the sculpt looks in the newer batch of pics. Although I like the decision to go with a seamless neck. I'm still ok with my decision to pre order, but (for now anyway) I'm a little bit disappointed with the sculpt I'm seeing.

Not disappointed enough to cancel though :lol

.... Please don't use JC Hong's personally painted sculpt for comparassion :lol

He painted that professionally, can't be compared to something that'll be mass-produced.

.... Please don't use JC Hong's personally painted sculpt for comparassion :lol

He painted that professionally, can't be compared to something that'll be mass-produced.
Why not? Hot Toys can get pretty close to their proto's. That's not even a rare thing, it's actually the norm I think. If you think it's unfair, forget the JC Hong sculpt only pic, the newer pics of the sculpt doesn't even look like the promo's (or is that the same thing? :lol).

902186-captain-america-and-steve-rogers-011.jpg

902186-captain-america-and-steve-rogers-010.jpg

Maaaaybe it's the lighting, pic quality, or usual panic before release :)lol). I guess we'll see when better pics surface.

Last edited:
I actually think it's pretty close to the proto and I PO'd expecting this, if people start freaking out than jeez you must be new to hot toys :lol

Last edited:
pspoke to Kidulttoys and he said its this week. So My wallet is cocked and loaded. I asked him and he said by the end of this week that may be thursday or friday but either way I'm ready.

in HK they only ever know the day before release... a week is speculation

I don't know why people keep saying with certainty that we'll get review pics this day or that day... no one knows. They'll show up when they show up.

Back