Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Golden Age" version was knocked for being too big/bulky....this one's getting knocked for being too flat.

I'm fine with both of them. Thanks for the pics, Yankee....

The portrait on this "Stealth" set is fantastic...LOVE the seamless look, and the outfit is super detailed...really cool.

I hope it's just the lighting, I want this suit a couple of shades darker. So it's stealthy and all that. ;)

The lighting isn't helping, but I actually think they've toned down the colors a bit relative to the proto pics. The red looks like more of a dark maroon, even under the bright lights, as opposed to the garish red on the prototype. If the silver chest bits end up being a matte grey in the final production version, I may actually have to buckle down and buy this.

SO glad the headsculpt stayed seamless. I wish this was something they began to do for all figures, where possible.

The "Golden Age" version was knocked for being too big/bulky....this one's getting knocked for being too flat.

I'm fine with both of them. Thanks for the pics, Yankee....

The portrait on this "Stealth" set is fantastic...LOVE the seamless look, and the outfit is super detailed...really cool.

The head sculpt looks phenomenal, but am I in the minority for not liking the seamless look? It's great for many museum poses, but it also limits the angles you can get with the head in more dynamic poses.

The lighting isn't helping, but I actually think they've toned down the colors a bit relative to the proto pics. The red looks like more of a dark maroon, even under the bright lights, as opposed to the garish red on the prototype. If the silver chest bits end up being a matte grey in the final production version, I may actually have to buckle down and buy this.

The head sculpt looks phenomenal, but am I in the minority for not liking the seamless look? It's great for many museum poses, but it also limits the angles you can get with the head in more dynamic poses.

I'm personally gonna have him with the helmet on. Leave the civilian body without a head or posed with the helmet sculpt, that would be a waste

I'm personally gonna have him with the helmet on. Leave the civilian body without a head or posed with the helmet sculpt, that would be a waste

There's still the option of dynamic poses with the civilian body. I'm sure some people might want to have civilian Steve facing off against the Winter Soldier (myself included).

Unrelated note- 100 posts! :panic: Alright, carry on...

Ewww look at those child bearing hips......:rotfl The heck is happening there?

please be a proto please be a proto :pray:

Looks fine here. It's just that the pockets look big.

e4111121c5d0f7bf852e6f537289b8d9.jpg

I didn't expect (although I wanted it to be) the sculpt to look as good as this, but I did kinda want it to be closer to it.

1544932_658517240887929_871899128216031854_n.jpg

attachment.php

Not as impressed with how the sculpt looks in the newer batch of pics. Although I like the decision to go with a seamless neck. I'm still ok with my decision to pre order, but (for now anyway) I'm a little bit disappointed with the sculpt I'm seeing.

Not disappointed enough to cancel though :lol

I thought the TFA and Rescue suits were cool but missed out on them, didn't care for the Avengers suit and don't care for the AoU suit. But the Stealth suit? :yess: Will be my first Cap!

It's too early to judge the production figure from these pictures. The figures have a strong overhead lighting and the photographer has massively bumped up the contrast and saturation.

I think he'll look more like the prototype when we start seeing more.

Truth. I was never a huge Captain America fan, even in the comics (tho I was always more into X-Men in comics). I really didn't care for TFA the movie. I liked Cap in he Avengers a lot but TWS really put Captain America in the forefront of my mind.

Not me! Always loved Cap! ( as you can probably tell haha )

Always been a massive cap fan, now it seems the general public is realising it, also congrats to Marvel for turning him into a bad ass, and that seems to be carrying over into age of ultron, just wait til civil war

I don't know why they feel the need to square off his jaw. It throws the likeness off just a hair. Sideshow did the same thing with TFA PF. Other than that, I think it looks great. Love the suit. So far my favorite is Avengers Cap. I just love the way the suit fits on the body. This one just may take its place.

IMG_115016096512935.jpeg
IMG_16515302839372.jpeg

Clearly I'm a Cap fan (burning building didn't stand a chance).

My love for the character was the first Ultimates series.

Back