1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats your opinion of the actual BW head sculpt that comes with this?

I like it but the lipstick color needs to be lighter and the problem is the eyes are her right tint but too glossy which gives her that strange look in the eyes

Hmm...fair enough! Well I'm anxious to get this in hand and see for myself. Thank you!

I still stand by this..As an overall figure it's by far the best out of the three versions thus far IMO. The best way to enjoy it is too just focus on the whole figure as the best version of the WS film in figure form which it is IMO, not including statues or PFs.

If you are just going to let the HS bug you every time you see it on your shelf, then maybe it isn't what you are looking for in an collectible.

Approach it as collectible to add to the WS collection rather as a mistake HT did with the expression design and I'll guarantee you'll get more out of what the figure has to offer in your WS collection.

I still stand by this..As an overall figure it's by far the best out of the three versions thus far IMO. The best way to enjoy it is too just focus on the whole figure as the best version of the WS film in figure form which it is IMO, not including statues or PFs.

If you are just going to let the HS bug you every time you see it on your shelf, then maybe it isn't what you are looking for in an collectible.

Approach it as collectible to add to the WS collection rather as a mistake HT did with the expression design and I'll guarantee you'll get more out of what the figure has to offer in your WS collection.

:goodpost: :clap

I agree I think it a fantastic looking figure, so much better in person. The picks (to me) for some reason make that expression more pronounced.
Just one man's opinion,
sjb66

Isn't there a way to very slightly remove the gloss from the irises?

I wouldn't recommend touching the eyes at all. I really like the tint they used IMO it captures the true hazel tint In Scar's eyes. It's just unfortunate the trademark glossy irises that HT perfects contrasts a bit too much against the tinted hazel paint so camera shots made directly bring out to much shine.

Messing with the gloss could damage the design of the eyes IMo

HS doesn't bother me a bit! I actually really like it and I LOVED BW in the movie so she is a must for me. And you are right, she will look great with the others in the line. I've been saying that a lot. The figures are grey on their own, but out them with others from the same line and I like them 10 times more :)

I just started collecting and Be is my 4th. I got her in yesterday and took a couple pics. I think the figure is better in hand. The HS looks good to me. I see Scarjo uploadfromtaptalk1408722752992.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408722769865.jpg

HS doesn't bother me a bit! I actually really like it and I LOVED BW in the movie so she is a must for me. And you are right, she will look great with the others in the line. I've been saying that a lot. The figures are grey on their own, but out them with others from the same line and I like them 10 times more :)

Good to hear

a word of caution my fellow freaks. If anybody wants to replace the head with a custom offered, I'd say go with the avenger's HS from my experience. Be very aware that 3.0 WS heads offered by retailers might not be the same as they picture it in the order.

It is very much possible you might end up with the awful HS I got that doesn't even fit on WS body so you might have to use another body and is missing her signature mole:slap

I suggest maybe the ACPLAY offered on ebay might be okay. But any other type be extremely careful on what you are ordering. Don't go for any of the custom WS sculpts that have an open mouth because chances are it might look like mine in hand.

I just started collecting and Be is my 4th. I got her in yesterday and took a couple pics. I think the figure is better in hand. The HS looks good to me. I see Scarjo View attachment 129031View attachment 129032

I don't see how this doesn't quiet (at least a little bit) the nay sayers, cause this looks fantastic to my eyes! Great shots, macbacca!

b
Good to hear

a word of caution my fellow freaks. If anybody wants to replace the head with a custom offered, I'd say go with the avenger's HS from my experience. Be very aware that 3.0 WS heads offered by retailers might not be the same as they picture it in the order.

It is very much possible you might end up with the awful HS I got that doesn't even fit on WS body so you might have to use another body and is missing her signature mole:slap

I suggest maybe the ACPLAY offered on ebay might be okay. But any other type be extremely careful on what you are ordering. Don't go for any of the custom WS sculpts that have an open mouth because chances are it might look like mine in hand.

That's the first BW sculpt... from IM2

I believe there are no custom BW 3.0 HS yet, ..... only BW 1.0 and 2.0 are offered with WS hair

Back