1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of difficult with these movies coming out every year. We get another cap and widow in AoU next year and then another cap and widow in Cap 3 in 2016.

It's kind of difficult with these movies coming out every year. We get another cap and widow in AoU next year and then another cap and widow in Cap 3 in 2016.

Yah, thats part of the whole process collecting HTs. they make them for every movie and they improve over time. Just the nature of this HTs hobby. Some complain that "why can't they get it perfect the first time". But thats just not how making figures works. There is always room for improvement, and they as artists get better at their craft over time after every release. Plus there are deadlines and budgets they have to consider to get the figures finished.

You just have to decide what you want. Some buy them, and then sell them once a new movie or newer version of that same character gets released. Others are completists and collect the entire line and keep everything, like myself. On occasion i may sell something if I don't need it in my collection anymore. But for the most part I enjoy every release and will continue to buy them since its all I collect now is just 1/6. I gave up small figures because wasting $$ on the smaller ones didnt make sense anymore when I could buy a superior 1/6 figure. I like now having a more focused collection instead of dozens of different figures from different companies at different scales. But thats just me. Only smaller stuff I still collect is original vintage Star Wars. :)

Yah, thats part of the whole process collecting HTs. they make them for every movie and they improve over time. Just the nature of this HTs hobby. Some complain that "why can't they get it perfect the first time". But thats just not how making figures works. There is always room for improvement, and they as artists get better at their craft over time after every release. Plus there are deadlines and budgets they have to consider to get the figures finished.

You just have to decide what you want. Some buy them, and then sell them once a new movie or newer version of that same character gets released. Others are completists and collect the entire line and keep everything, like myself. On occasion i may sell something if I don't need it in my collection anymore. But for the most part I enjoy every release and will continue to buy them since its all I collect now is just 1/6. I gave up small figures because wasting $$ on the smaller ones didnt make sense anymore when I could buy a superior 1/6 figure. I like now having a more focused collection instead of dozens of different figures from different companies at different scales. But thats just me. Only smaller stuff I still collect is original vintage Star Wars. :)

Nice post. I came into this hobby late 2011, when Capt America TFA was up for preorder and Chris Reeve. So I have become a Cap completist, except for Star Spangled man as I think the sculpt is terrible and he never really used it but for show. He is like my Iron Man for many people. In fact the Mark VII is the only I have. I passed on IM3 and will wait for Avengers 2. Idid get War machine from IM2 because I like the design. I may pass on Thor 2 figs. I have the whole Avengers line except Chitauri and Banner. I may end up being a Widow completist too, except IM2 version. I'll get Avengers 2 line, and Justice League if I like it well enough. Still looking for my one Spidey and Wolverine.

I'm not even a fan of Black Widow but I liked her enough in Winter Soldier that I'd buy this figure if the head sculpt wasn't a blank stare.

The thing with the proto is that she's square-jawed. She sort of looks like a guy impersonating Scarlet, lol. I really think they are going to tweak the sculpt a bit more feminine for the actual production piece.

You know what? I think I am going to get this. Loved her and love the look of the figure so why not?!

Go for it girl, I jumped on this because I don't see any downsides, nice fig, sculpt looks like her, and I think this is an awesome Widow look. If it'll make you happy right :D

Go for it girl, I jumped on this because I don't see any downsides, nice fig, sculpt looks like her, and I think this is an awesome Widow look. If it'll make you happy right :D

Sculpt looks exactly like a scene in Wilson's house right before he invites them to breakfast. Amazing how doll like Scar Jo can act. So realistic but I am going to pass instead opting to keep the Avengers version. I only need one Widow, she is meh (to me). Cap on the other hand, I am all in.

Sculpt looks exactly like a scene in Wilson's house right before he invites them to breakfast. Amazing how doll like Scar Jo can act. So realistic but I am going to pass instead opting to keep the Avengers version. I only need one Widow, she is meh (to me). Cap on the other hand, I am all in.

If I had the Avengers version i probably wouldnt get this one either, not that much of a diff but I dont :D

I wonder how Scar Jo is gonna be in Lucy tho, that looks interesting

I just po'd this fig because I missed on the first one. I think the likeness is a tad better on the avengers version tho

Back