Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but for what they charge for a 1/4 scale figure they do amazing work, they need to put more money into higher quality materials and paint and make a good product a great one. The market is there they just need to take the risk.

Which one is more movie accurate?

Elder_Predator.png

2-1.jpg

neca_1_4_predator_elder_by_real_kaldas-d6r5bpr.jpg
Apart from the pistol in the belt, I would never in a million years have guessed that NECA figure was meant to be Elder. So, yeah, Hot Toys.

Cool, then you do see the point NECA-comparer's are making. None would say that a NECA figure beats HT on quality, that'd be laughable.

And quality is more important to some than total accuracy, understandable. Its just a pity the fates conspire to prevent both happening from the same company. Although, again, NECA's elder is not as accurate as many fans hoped it would be and, in combination with its awful paintjob, a few people deemed it an all-around failure from them. I myself didn't buy it either, haven't bought one since the P1.

I could not explain it better than that :exactly:

I like how people compare 1/4 scale Neca to 1/6 scale HT but say to not compare scales in other threads, ie. Batman and Terminator threads. Apparently you can compare both scales with each other.

nothing is worse than SS statues )))
ugly ballet dancers sculpted & painted by handicapped.

HT for sure. Also I like to change poses in the figures.

What a piece of ****ty ring is he wearing in his tusk?:slap

nothing is worse than SS statues )))
ugly ballet dancers sculpted & painted by handicapped.

Not always, the sideshow p1, p2, and wolf dioramas all look great in sculpt and pose IMO. I wish they would have kept that line and scale going

Sideshow certainly has more misses than hits but some of their statues are quite good. I still am bummed I never picked up the Sabertooth/Wolverine statue. But yeah, most of their recent Predator statues are pretty terrible.

The ones they have done recently that I like are all sculpted by Narin.

Sideshow certainly has more misses than hits but some of their statues are quite good. I still am bummed I never picked up the Sabertooth/Wolverine statue. But yeah, most of their recent Predator statues are pretty terrible.

The ones they have done recently that I like are all sculpted by Narin.

:exactly: I wanted to like their 1/5 scale wolf statue but the pose was just so horrible, and something just looked off about that whole line. Narin makes some great pred sculpts but I don't like the one from this line. Sideshow needs to quit changing scales, I hate when the do that, same with hot toys, if hot toys makes a 1/4 wolf instead of 1/6 I will be pissed, I like my figures to be in the same scale.

yeah, the neca 1/4 p1 is scary movie accurate

Predator1.jpg

Really? I don't know about that.
It's missing a lot of color at the top of the head. The snout seems a little too short, and the mandible position is off.
The lower mandibles are way too wide too which compounds the shorter snout/bridge issue.
Also the eyes seem a little derpy and too close together.
There isn't much gum detail either which makes it look cheap.

Really? I don't know about that.
It's missing a lot of color at the top of the head. The snout seems a little too short, and the mandible position is off.
The lower mandibles are way too wide too which compounds the shorter snout/bridge issue.
Also the eyes seem a little derpy and too close together.
There isn't much gum detail either which makes it look cheap.

Nothing to do with the sculpt.:wave

Closed mouth is still the best P1 sculpt out there.:wave

Back