Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't understand how "this is off, more accurate sculpt here vs this other product/ version". My imagination tells me that his mandibles, since they are intended to move around on his face... can certainly look exactly they way the figure currently does.:lol

It's like some are saying the sculpts not accurate because it's not an exact expression showcased in whatever popular screenshot! Wth?..

It looks great! Better than than their original as a whole. Preordered.

I agree. The Elder screen used mask was created from the same concept as the original P1. So of course they are very similar to one another. I think this figure looks very accurate to the film, and have no issue what's so ever.

I respect those that feel differently, but I thinks its a bit extreme to put the sculptor on a wanted page......although very creative, and made me chuckle at first.

Preordered!:exactly::goodpost::clap

No disrespect to anyone who has one, but the NECA Elder is plain awful!

It's tough to compare an HT with NECA, since they are worlds apart in quality, and target audience/ price point.

No disrespect to anyone who has one, but the NECA Elder is plain awful!

It's tough to compare an HT with NECA, since they are worlds apart in quality, and target audience/ price point.

But hands down NECA's closed mouth 1/4 scale P1 is buy far the BEST headsculpt. Even better than anything HT. The mandibles are positioned so perfect that it gives the figure life and character!

The crime and the assassin :lol

tumblr_mxsy4nQ8Ro1snogyzo5_1280.jpg
I want to see the back......of the figure.
what, you suspect to find rape evidence there?
Someone, I am not saying names, is gonna love this one :lol
it's ok, you should not mention a name of Lord in vain O_O

Last edited:
But hands down NECA's closed mouth 1/4 scale P1 is buy far the BEST headsculpt. Even better than anything HT. The mandibles are positioned so perfect that it gives the figure life and character!

:goodpost:

The best Predator figure made to date IMO. At the time it was a big step up for NECA and the most accurate Predator sculpted to date. It's a shame that Hot Toys haven't been able to better a sculpt since the 1/4 P1 and NECA hasn't upped their game atall (if anything their latest Preds looks crappier).

He kinda looks like a duck bro.

what, you suspect to find rape evidence there?
it's ok, you should not mention a name of Lord in vain O_O

1. :lol:lol
2.:lol:lol:lol

I was thinking that in your new signature gif, "the assassin" should be using a blowtorch instead of whatever he is using. :wink1:

P. gonna get this Predator? Interested in your custom plans.

DAAAMMM!! Look at that upper left mandible. It's those little things that mean a lot!! If HT can pull that off on the Elder 2.0 and make him able to hold his necklace then they have Gold baby!!!

That isn't that impressive to me, maybe it's the close up, but it clearly looks like a toy to me. Don't get me wrong I have the Neca 1/4 scale open mandible p1 and think it looks great but hot toys is a smaller scale and look more real to me.

Well, low end finish and paint-job, yes its a toy. What do you think of the sculpt though?

Take away the quills and some of that elaborate dreadlock-beading and have it painted in a NECA factory and the Hot Toys sculpt would look like a toy too.

I'm actually talking only about sculpt/likeness. My comments are not about paint apps or scale. If HOT TOYS could put a sculpt like that on a 1/6 then there would be "life" in their figures. Kinda like DX13!

Incredible sculpt, especially from a lower end toy company

Cool, then you do see the point NECA-comparer's are making. None would say that a NECA figure beats HT on quality, that'd be laughable.

And quality is more important to some than total accuracy, understandable. Its just a pity the fates conspire to prevent both happening from the same company. Although, again, NECA's elder is not as accurate as many fans hoped it would be and, in combination with its awful paintjob, a few people deemed it an all-around failure from them. I myself didn't buy it either, haven't bought one since the P1.

Cool, then you do see the point NECA-comparer's are making. None would say that a NECA figure beats HT on quality, that'd be laughable.

And quality is more important to some than total accuracy, understandable. Its just a pity the fates conspire to prevent both happening from the same company. Although, again, NECA's elder is not as accurate as many fans hoped it would be and, in combination with its awful paintjob, a few people deemed it an all-around failure from them. I myself didn't buy it either, haven't bought one since the P1.

Ya i agree, the Neca elder didn't come anywhere near the quality of their p1, if they would put more effort and resources into their products they could raise their prices and easily compete with hot toys.

Y'know after I made that post I thought about why I didn't buy the P2 City Hunter 1:4 scalers - yeah the quality isn't mindblowing, but I also thought the biomask looked inaccurate, the cheek areas seemed wrong. So, actually, they aren't always 100% accurate either.

P. gonna get this Predator? Interested in your custom plans.
i'm not that much of a customiser, i usually just add something or cut something.
plans "for sure" for this one are:
- 3 dog tags (already purchased)
- HT AVP elder face quills (already on the shelf)
- check the neck length (all tsang predators before Scar needed the giraffe neck length operation, but Scar didn't. may be this one won't need it, too)
- replacing the sword with a metal one (already on the shelf)
- fighting the mandibles shape
- making a ponytail on the back of the head, may be with a necklace of the old HT Grayback.
all the rest will be just following what more eagle-eyed and talented people have already noticed (like Moguchiy H) and actually make (like V-Raptor) :)

Back