Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny....I got into Hot Toys because I like being able to change poses, rather than having a statue that can't be changed.

The Mk42 PPS caught a lot of flak because of its lack of posing options. Yet IMO it comes with a far more dynamic and interesting pose than just about any other IM figure can achieve. So I happily Po'd that one, especially considering how "cheap" it is (in relative terms).

The Heartbreaker is the coolest looking armor ever, IMO. But I didn't but it because of the price tag and lack of posing options. If it had a bigger role in the movie, maybe.

I'm actually hoping that Igor is a PPS because that might make him more affordable, and frankly I don't see many posing options with it any way.

It's funny....I got into Hot Toys because I like being able to change poses, rather than having a statue that can't be changed.

The Mk42 PPS caught a lot of flak because of its lack of posing options. Yet IMO it comes with a far more dynamic and interesting pose than just about any other IM figure can achieve. So I happily Po'd that one, especially considering how "cheap" it is (in relative terms).

The Heartbreaker is the coolest looking armor ever, IMO. But I didn't but it because of the price tag and lack of posing options. If it had a bigger role in the movie, maybe.

I'm actually hoping that Igor is a PPS because that might make him more affordable, and frankly I don't see many posing options with it any way.

Same reason I collect figures and not statues. The dynamic poses and the ability to change things up when you get bored. Why are people saying heartbreaker won't be able to pose? Isn't he suppose to have improved articulation In the abbs? Anyway I don't see any big difference between him and the other figures as far as poseablity.

Glad I don't play with my fugures like a little kid.

I usually thought people worried about posability for display and pictures a and not really playing with them? But I love putting all my figs in museum poses and I think they look awesome. Especially my Hall of Armor shelf with Tony in front; it looks great.

Do you play with them like an infant, toddler or teenage kid?

I look at other people's in hand pictures and select my favorite museum pose to copy and leave it at that.

I would also only buy statues with museum poses. Any crazy looking pose = pass.

I'm not sure where the concern is regarding the poseability. The specs say something like 36 points, including improved torso articulation. I imagine he'll as poseable as the Mark VII.
He could have 100 points of articulation and I'm still only going to pose him as if he's going to do the chest RT blast or a simple hand repulsor blast. Good enough for me. Heartbreaker, Snapper and Igor are gong to be front and center in my display, flanked by Mark 42 and Iron Patriot and War Machine. Then Silver Centurion...oh man I have a lot of armor on preorder. C'mon next September!

This suit kicks the snot out of the Mark 42. I cancelled my order for the 42 to order the 1960's Batman and Robin but I think I might sell some older stuff to get the Heartbreaker armor also.

This suit looks amazing, it'll look great in my Allstar HoA display. Can't wait to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

been looking for another armor to replace my mark 4 i just sold & this guy seems to be an excellent 'power up' to the red & gold suit! anybody know if this will have ab crunch? im hoping for something similar to marks 4 & 6..

been looking for another armor to replace my mark 4 i just sold & this guy seems to be an excellent 'power up' to the red & gold suit! anybody know if this will have ab crunch? im hoping for something similar to marks 4 & 6..

Pulled directly from Sideshow's description:
Improved articulation on waist armor which allow for flexible movement

He should have almost if not the same articulation as the Mark VII. Can't wait for this one. Unfortunately, the US probably won't see him until April, with the way Hot Toys has delays on almost everything.

I just read something about this being a Diecast figure in the future hope thats true

I just read something about this being a Diecast figure in the future hope thats true

It was shown as part of the Diecast line when it was first teased, but looks like it has been moved into the MMS line.

I have a feeling only IP/War Machine and Mk. XLII are going to be in the Diecast line.

It was shown as part of the Diecast line when it was first teased, but looks like it has been moved into the MMS line.

I have a feeling only IP/War Machine and Mk. XLII are going to be in the Diecast line.

Well that totally sucks this would have been damn awesome as a die Cast

Works for me if it keeps the price down.

I don't care if it's made out of newspaper as long as it displays well :lol

I think we should wait and see how the first diecast figure turns out before we wish they all are diecast. I'd rather not have to by the same figure twice because of it.

Back