Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys I got Heartbreaker in and surprisingly I love it! Such a cool Armor and a very unique look! Enjoy my one photo!

Ryan

j7sw79.jpg

Nice!!!!

Opened up my Heartbreaker today and put him up on my shelf. Man...he is a great looking and unique looking Iron Man, that is still very recognizible as Iron Man.

I am glad I got him!

Recommend? Yes, I do!

Does anyone here know where I could find the high-res promo pics of Heartbreaker? I remember them being posted on this thread but couldn't find them after browsing through 20 or so pages...

The oddest thing just happened to me... I took the day off tomorrow so I could pick Arkham Knight up at midnight and play it all day, but when I got home I noticed a faint glowing from my display room... Heartbreakers eye lights were lit up. This was quite a shock to me as it's been in the display box for months now and I don't remember ever putting the batteries in it. I opened up the box to shut them off, and they got brighter, the eyes were dimly lit on their own... How does this happen?

Edit: I took the batteries out, and there is no corrosion. I figured someone would ask about that.

The oddest thing just happened to me... I took the day off tomorrow so I could pick Arkham Knight up at midnight and play it all day, but when I got home I noticed a faint glowing from my display room... Heartbreakers eye lights were lit up. This was quite a shock to me as it's been in the display box for months now and I don't remember ever putting the batteries in it. I opened up the box to shut them off, and they got brighter, the eyes were dimly lit on their own... How does this happen?

Edit: I took the batteries out, and there is no corrosion. I figured someone would ask about that.

Most logical explanation:

Ultron

This has happened with my last 2 figures. (TS: The Mechanic and Starboost, both shipped from Sideshow)

just a fault/shortage in the figures I guess...

This has happened with my last 2 figures. (TS: The Mechanic and Starboost, both shipped from Sideshow)

just a fault/shortage in the figures I guess...

Thanks for the info... I recall hearing something about this happening to earlier Iron Man figures, but not the more recent ones... I guess as long as it still works, I can't be too upset.

Sounds like the usual fault in the batteries/wiring whatever where the lights stay on
So strange though :lol

Scram, the joint is haunted!

spook-louder.jpg

I had the same issue with the light up base from the accessories set. Even though the switch was off it had a faint glow. I backed the screw out of the door and it loosened it's grip on the contacts turning it off. Nothing supernatural, just practical science.
Ryan

I had the same issue with the light up base from the accessories set. Even though the switch was off it had a faint glow. I backed the screw out of the door and it loosened it's grip on the contacts turning it off. Nothing supernatural, just practical science.
Ryan

So I can call off the Winchesters :lol

:hi5:

I took a good look at the Heartbreaker armor this weekend and like most Hot Toys Iron Man figures, it is amazing. Still, it was an easy figure to get overlooked with the start of the die-cast arrivals and new Iron Man collectors at that time. It could benefit from the same articulated shoulders that the Starboost and Mark 42 armors both have. The figure doesn't even have the shoulder joint drop and ball rotation that the Mark VII and Silver Centurion armors both have, which I feel should be pretty standard at this point.

It DOES have really good torso and leg articulation, as well as excellent paint. This was one of the standout armors when first announced and the angular pic which is featured on the front of the box shows the figure's design at its best. Looking at this now, it may be worth considering the exclusive being offered this summer with the Tank figure, but I am in no hurry to buy as it seems there are better figures to consider right now.

Back