1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Did my mod last night..Big shot out to Rory and Jedijim! Thanks guys for the tips...my custom attempt is working well.

Comparison

I futzed with the cape more too get the bottom of the curve of his neck to show more.

Once I get Tony's cape I think it will be much better. I think the darker shade in Tony's cape will make it more spectacular

It's weird, after the cape mod, the likeness, as fantastic as it is, shines even more. Why is that?

anyone else have the same problem where the black strips on his body isnt aligned properly on the back?

typo.. lol.. "what paint did you used?"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It's weird, after the cape mod, the likeness, as fantastic as it is, shines even more. Why is that?

If you are referring to my mod. I did more than just the cape mod

1. repainted the gauntlets
2. Repainted collar
3. Repainted stripes on the suit
4. Repainted the belt

I also futzed with the cape making the curve of the shoulders stick out a little more

Not digging the cape mod. It makes neck look too long, IMO.

I have to admit to being in this camp.
While i do applaud anyone who wants to make the mod(And it does make the cape drape more accurately), it seems extreme when it makes his neck seem longer.

I have to admit to being in this camp.
While i do applaud anyone who wants to make the mod(And it does make the cape drape more accurately), it seems extreme when it makes his neck seem longer.

True. But the longer neck is actually what I wanted. His neck is long in the movie.

Oh, and i have been working on a frame to hold the cape out and taut like he's flying. I don't have my MOS figures yet(I am expecting them next week some time), so i have been testing the frame out on my custom.

Nice stand there Barry. You are TRUELY dedicated to this line.

Nice stand there Barry. You are TRUELY dedicated to this line.

Thanks. I just want to be able to take *up in the air* sunshine shots of the MOS figure as soon as spring hits(Or the sun comes out, whichever happens first).
I have an engineering company locally making me a 3m long pole to attach the MOS figure to in order to get shots like i took of the Reeve Superman.
I reckon the Cavill superman will look incredible against a blue sky.

IMG_2976done_zps18b7284b.jpg

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Those are still some of my favorite shots taken of that figure. I would have just thrown it up in the air and taken a picture but your way is much cooler. Probably much safer too. LOL

Those are still some of my favorite shots taken of that figure. I would have just thrown it up in the air and taken a picture but your way is much cooler. Probably much safer too. LOL

Haha. There's no guarantee of getting a good shot throwing it into the air! Or I would have just done that, lol.
I have over a hundred images I took of the Reeve figure to get the ten final images I ended up with.
Can't wait for your flying shots Bar! :rock

Thanks. I'll have then done the first time the sun comes out for any appreciable amount of time.

Back