1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Anyone think his hair is too light? Anyone consider using a black wash over it?

Anyone think his hair is too light? Anyone consider using a black wash over it?

I thought that on one of the bootlegs i have, and repainted the entire hair flat black as it was a very dark brown to begin with. I was considering painting it gloss black. But i tried matt first and it seems okay now.

Love seeing the mods being figured out for this guy. I will most likely do the cape collar and should be ordering a cape from Tony here soon. I never thought about it until I saw it, but the wrist guards do look a lot better when painted closer to the original color. This is definitely a figure I would like to improve as much I can - looking forward to all I have to do.

Hello 1/6 scale fans. I have been lurking around this site for quite some time now and finally decided to join your discussion and share things about our hobby. I only started collecting last year 2013. I was not really planning to take it seriously but the first figure I bought-the TDKR DX12 Batman really made me fall in love with 1/6 scale. Now that I just received the new Hot Toys MOS Superman, it convinced me to join this discussion as well. I like to share my first photos of him. They're not really good but I just find that MOS Superman and DX12 Batman really look good together. Thanks guys.

eta7avaz.jpg
sunahuba.jpg
rahe5e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello 1/6 scale fans. I have been lurking around this site for quite some time now and finally decided to join your discussion and share things about our hobby. I only started collecting last year 2013. I was not really planning to take it seriously but the first figure I bought-the TDKR DX12 Batman really made me fall in love with 1/6 scale. Now that I just received the new Hot Toys MOS Superman, it convinced me to join this discussion as well. I like to share my first photos of him. They're not really good but I just find that MOS Superman and DX12 Batman really look good together. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum, always glad to see another MoS fan. Bats and Supes do look very good together. Before you know it, your collection will be outgrowing the room you have available to display it.

Welcome to the forums. Holo posted some good pics of
Batman and Superman a few pages back.

eta7avaz.jpg
sunahuba.jpg
rahe5e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really do look good together.

Dammit, I really wanna mod superman shorter just for this purpose.

I agree. I've actually pulled the head off the joint a little to get some more height. In the flick, his cape lies very flat giving his shoulders a very squared-off feel and a really long necked look. I think in the film the subtle muscle suit brings his shoulders up a little evening out to his traps which does make his neck appear a bit longer than normal.

I can see how some would prefer the beefed up look of the stock cape and collar, as it does give him a more hulking heroic appearance. But I prefer the more svelt streamlined look of the film version. Hopefully Tony's cape will sit even flatter than the stock cape, and get my fig somewhere closer to the pic you've attached.

True. But the longer neck is actually what I wanted. His neck is long in the movie.

Welcome to the forum, always glad to see another MoS fan. Bats and Supes do look very good together. Before you know it, your collection will be outgrowing the room you have available to display it.

Thanks you. I kinda' expecting it, 3 of the office tables at my home started to be occupied by 1/6 scale figures, they are really a big distraction whenever I need to work at home. Still thinking of where to put the upcoming HT General Zod.

I'm quite surprise that there are very fast responses from my 1st post a few minutes ago. This forum really seems fun.

They really do look good together.

Dammit, I really wanna mod superman shorter just for this purpose.

I understand why you want to mod him and a lot of people do. I'm just not really confident modding my HT figures because they are really expensive and I don't want to take the risk, unless the mods does not involve trimming of parts or any extensive modifications.

Welcome to the forums. Holo posted some good pics of
Batman and Superman a few pages back.

Oh. I am trying to find it, really interested to see them. Thank you.

I understand why you want to mod him and a lot of people do. I'm just not really confident modding my HT figures because they are really expensive and I don't want to take the risk, unless the mods does not involve trimming of parts or any extensive modifications.

Believe me, it isn't easy to make a decision...considering how much you're paying for these things and when the mods are heavy and irreversible as well. I was a nervous wreck taking my dx12 apart. But once I completed the mod, I was happy with the results.

In the end, all it takes is a steady hand, ***** of steel, and a basic understanding of the item you're about to change. Just gotta plan ahead and always measure twice before making any kind of cut.

Really having a hard job not ordering this one.

The House of Jor El commands you- you will be happy!

This and Jor El came out way above expectations- HT does care about DC Comics license and these prove it!

I agree. I've actually pulled the head off the joint a little to get some more height. In the flick, his cape lies very flat giving his shoulders a very squared-off feel and a really long necked look. I think in the film the subtle muscle suit brings his shoulders up a little evening out to his traps which does make his neck appear a bit longer than normal.

I can see how some would prefer the beefed up look of the stock cape and collar, as it does give him a more hulking heroic appearance. But I prefer the more svelt streamlined look of the film version. Hopefully Tony's cape will sit even flatter than the stock cape, and get my fig somewhere closer to the pic you've attached.

Yes. It's already a great figure right out of the box. But little tweaks here and there make it even better. Imo . Once Tony's cape gets here. It should put him over the top. :)

Back