1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Bearing in mind that I have yet to see the film but to me the stock cape looks fine and I think from the pics so far that it looks like it is Hot Toys best cape to date. I also like the way that it sits on the shoulders but like I say I have yet to see the movie.

I take it that Tony's cape is more accurate to the movie?

Down to the futzing again.

Did my mod last night..Big shot out to Rory and Jedijim! Thanks guys for the tips...my custom attempt is working well.

Comparison

I futzed with the cape more too get the bottom of the curve of his neck to show more.

Once I get Tony's cape I think it will be much better. I think the darker shade in Tony's cape will make it more spectacular

Last edited:

So I see many people are referencing a cape incoming from Tony. Has he posted any pics or plans on what he intends to do? Color changes? How hard the mod might be? This is one figure I would really like to upgrade and I know Tony has the best reputation for kicka$# capes.

Mine has the defect in the chest emblem. Doesn't bother me that much- I'm just bummed it didn't come with the usual stand.

Yeah, all he needs is a darker shade of red

Last edited:

Looks great. I'm thinking of doing that mod later . I bought a little sewing kit so I can stich the suit back up after. I also picked up some metallic red paint . I was thinking about painting the S symbol.

Well it's a matter of dremelling the interior of the head away until light will shine through the material that is left...
It's just a *softly-softly* job grinding the material away piece by piece and stopping frequently to see how much light transmits through. And of course, the all important part of "stopping before the dremel comes through the eyes"...

how are you putting in the light, battery and where is the wiring going, down the back of the blue suit with a switch? I need WIP pics please!!!

wow great work you guys,and congrats on making this mod work ,ive got to confess when i struggled to strip this suit down to remove the bottom part of the collar ,due to that i worried that it may be more trouble and risky ,for the potential damage than it was worth ,but you guys who have done it prove that it makes a noticeable improvement ,especially if you move the symbol closer to the neck line ,ill re post my pics from Tonys cape thread in the custom section from a few days ago ,just to add to the already great reference material for those wanting to do this screen accurate mod ,and its going to look even better with Tonys custom cape and i look forward to seeing the results
hi Tony your work on this cape is beyond fantastic ,ive got a loose suit here and i figured if i could take it apart it may help you solve the high shoulders look of the cape ,there a 2 plastic forms that press together either side of the suit ,to hold it together and form the collar ,and hold the cape on to the suit ,the top one is the one you have trimmed and shown in your pics ,the bottom one is what raises the cape up and encloses the neck ,removing this open up the neck and lowers the trap area of the suit and cape ,here are some picture that ,i hope will make sense of what ive just typed lol ,
20140121_182017_zpsf97a46e6.jpg
20140121_182051_zps87de63d7.jpg
20140121_182236_zpsd6f9db32.jpg
20140121_183041_zpsa2b0bdc3.jpg
20140121_183143_zps14d73f65.jpg
the last two pics show the suit back on minus the bottom part of the neck piece ,thats why the suit is unattached at the front of the collar ,a little careful glue should do the trick ,all the best Tony ,i hope these helped cheers chris

Thank you for the pictures, I felt the same way at first, but it might be too difficult for everyone else to do it. I believe the best way to mod it would be trimming from the bottom, but that could also take a lot of risk and effort. we'll figure something out together, thank you for your helpful pictures :D

been searching for about 30 mins, can anyone post up what post# the info regarding the custom cape from Tony was on. I'm continuing to search.

Love this figure, definitely among my favorites. Just finished my second base, not bad but definitely room for improvement. Im still very much a novice to all this customizing! Figured I'd share. Still have to trim the sides of the backdrop of course to match the base.

https:// [URL=https://s369.photobucket.com/user/spartan_062_00/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2039_1.jpg.html] [/URL]https:// [URL=https://s369.photobucket.com/user/spartan_062_00/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2034_1.jpg.html] [/URL]https:// [URL=https://s369.photobucket.com/user/spartan_062_00/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2038_1.jpg.html] [/URL]

His legs look so skinny. Is it just the pics? Also his torso looks really long. Can someone verify? He also looks real skinny overall or his head is real big.

Just messing around with the light. It didn't really turn out the way I wanted...

12128377506_dfd001d5f2_z.jpg

His legs look so skinny. Is it just the pics? Also his torso looks really long. Can someone verify? He also looks real skinny overall or his head is real big.

It's just the angle. Usually when taking pics of these figures with a cell phone it makes the head look stretched out.

Back