1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I ordered a detolf for this guy off Amazon... they were $155 with Prime (now $275, sheesh!). It came with one of the side panels completely smashed. Joy. They are replacing it, but alas still another week or so wait.

Mr. Cavill you will have to remain in the box.

You are most welcome sir. Wish I had a better camera or could explain myself better but I hope it clears some things up. Props to Rory for having the ***** to go forward with it.

Oh yea, it most definitely helped.
I kinda got the gist of a lot of the procedure but was confused on a couple steps, and your pics
Helped clear it up.
I also ordered a cape from tony so I'll wait til then before doing the mod.
Again, thx for pics. :duff

I don't have mine yet. Since I'm getting it from BBTS, but from OMG pic it's looks kind of cool. Makes it look like his traps are huge.

I don't have mine yet. Since I'm getting it from BBTS, but from OMG pic it's looks kind of cool. Makes it look like his traps are huge.

:exactly: The mods are great, but I prefer the stock collar which makes the traps appear huge and completes his jacked upper body proportionally.

Can someone pm me Tonys email? I sent him a message here but he has not responded yet. Thinking I need to send an email to get the cape.

Havent watched your video just yet, but what i assumed is the steel book blueray on the left, has a clear stand. Did that came with the blu ray? I think that'll make a sweet acc displayed together with this figure in a detolf.

Just waiting for some payments to come in before I order up this guy. I was always on the fence about it until I saw all of you guys pics. Amazing!

A touch of red Sharpie should easily fix that. I'd use red airbrush paint applied with a regular brush, but I realize not everyone has access to that. Anybody can get a Sharpie, tho.

For anyone else who may have had this chip on the chest where it's missing the red this is what I did to fix it and it blended in perfectly.

I used some acrylic guards red and used a very fine detail brush to blend it in and finished it off with a few light dabs of black wash to darken it for further blending. Pretty happy with how it turned out, it's very hard to see now and you can only see it if you really get up close and see there is a slight flat spot as opposed to the rest of the chest having the embossed pattern.

Oh well, it's just upsetting when you pay $200 plus for a figure and have to do touch ups like this. I do a lot of airbrushing and customizing anyway so wasn't that hard for me to blend it. I hope this helps for anyone else who may have had this issue as well.

Last edited:

That's cool man glad you were able to fix it.

Havent watched your video just yet, but what i assumed is the steel book blueray on the left, has a clear stand. Did that came with the blu ray? I think that'll make a sweet acc displayed together with this figure in a detolf.

Yes it does, it is kinda hard to put them together inside the detolf because the blu ray case is as big as the mms 200 stand, so there is really little room for both.

That's cool man glad you were able to fix it.

Thanks Gage, it was definitely a sigh of relief. Had a streak of bad luck with HT defects. I never had any issues till this MOS line. Got a replacement coming for Jor-El cause his robe is jacked and there is a gap between the material and the chest plate and then as soon as I got this guy out of the box I see that chip!!! Lets hope the Celtic, MK XLII and Zod don't have any issues!:pray:

Loving these mods people are doing, especially that heat vision Bar did, I can't wait to see it on the actual figure and see how he hides the wiring/switch. I think that is one mod I'd be doing if nothing else!!!!

Bar please do a tutorial on that heat vision when you are done… Please Please Please!!!!!:pray::panic:

Yes it does, it is kinda hard to put them together inside the detolf because the blu ray case is as big as the mms 200 stand, so there is really little room for both.
Some of those sticky double sided pads will adhere that blu ray case to the back of a detolf just fine.

Loving these mods people are doing, especially that heat vision Bar did, I can't wait to see it on the actual figure and see how he hides the wiring/switch. I think that is one mod I'd be doing if nothing else!!!!

Bar please do a tutorial on that heat vision when you are done… Please Please Please!!!!!:pray::panic:

Well it's a matter of dremelling the interior of the head away until light will shine through the material that is left...
It's just a *softly-softly* job grinding the material away piece by piece and stopping frequently to see how much light transmits through. And of course, the all important part of "stopping before the dremel comes through the eyes"...

Ordered mines, should get it on Thursday. Can't wait. I usually don't get colorful figures because of my 2yr old son, so when he sees Superman he'll bug me everyday for it. Guess i'll need to get him a cheaper version.

Ordered mines, should get it on Thursday. Can't wait. I usually don't get colorful figures because of my 2yr old son, so when he sees Superman he'll bug me everyday for it. Guess i'll need to get him a cheaper version.

I remember that feeling. The eyes light up.

Back