1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

He's voice was fine in Begins, no idea why he had to make it sound more ridiculous over the course of the 2 films that followed.

Yeah, his voice was fine in Begins especially when he's talking to Gordon and Rachel.

Compare that to the next two and it's just so over the top.

Whatever though, the voice isn't what makes up Bale's entire performance as Bruce/Batman. He was still good as far as I'm concerned.

I think everyone agrees that his voice was too forced in TDK & TDKR. I also believe that that didn't really give him that many calm, cool and collected lines in those movies either to portray him in that way

It seemed to me like they wanted him to be abit angry & shouty, like Bruce himself was getting caught up in the persona and what was happening

Otherwise I don't know why they would have allowed Bale to change after Begins or even change it in post production

This is the 'Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure' topic and we are discussing about Christian Bale as an actor and the voice of Batman in the movies, slightly offtopic does not cover it :lol

:lol You must be new here.

SDCC is telling us one thing: Have faith in HT!

Take a look at these pics!!!
1001389_498262356919324_276204326_n.jpg

Great shot with proper light makes him look so REAL!!!

Credit: https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2013/sdcc2013_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm

PS. More maroon cape and boots plus metallic finish on the "S" will make him PERFECT!

:rock

I agree with those who say that Bale's voice was better in Begins. It was just the right level of hoarseness that you could still comprehend his lines, described in the comics by Robin when they first met in All-Star Batman and Robin series as Clint Eastwood-ish.

I wouln't mind having Bale back to don the cowl for the Superman/Batman movie with Cavill. I felt like a casting director who got the right pick when he was first announced to play the role as I thought he'd make a good Batman after watching Equilibrium in the theaters. Over-the-top voice aside from TDK andTDKR aside, Bale is never overrated IMO, and would definitely make an awesome contrast to Cavill's Superman.

There are very very few people world wide that think Bale is overrated vs. the people who love him as an actor and as Batman. Those who do think hes overrated i just think you probably have a hard time enjoying anything. Its the most successful comic book movie series ever, and I personally just wouldn't listen to anyone who thinks he's overrated. Its ridiculous talk. He's one of the best actors on the planet. If you don't like him, oh well, so be it. Have fun liking whoever you do like.

I had no problems with his voice in any of the films. Some people latched onto this thinking it was funny to make fun of it. Whatever!! The movies are amazing, and most of the world thinks so as well. If you don't, oh well. I just wouldn't want to know what movies you do like.:lol

Back to this figure, loving it!!!!:):)

I had no problems with his voice in any of the films. Some people latched onto this thinking it was funny to make fun of it. Whatever!! The movies are amazing, and most of the world thinks so as well. If you don't, oh well. I just wouldn't want to know what movies you do like.:lol

Back to this figure, loving it!!!!:):)

:exactly:

~

I wonder what the packaging will be for this one.
I hope it's not another big "S" (yes, it's not an S i know :lol)
It was really hard finding a good place to display it.

I think they should fashion the packaging like the command key somehow!

That would be quite a nice a unique box design. Maybe have the symbol embossed on the front too?

I think that Bale-Batman-Voice is all about a persona. It's like Clark Kent/Superman(I'll come back to that).
Everyone Batman comes after KNOWS he's a regular guy in a suit. He HAS to be... Doesn't he??
But after he beats their asses, and gives a few stern warnings in his shoutey voice, plus appears and disappears from(And back into) nowhere... People aren't sure. Not 100%...
If he talked like 89 Batman, it wouldn't be near as intimidating.

And back to Superman. He's a near mythic character in Metropolis(And worldwide). He's an invulnerable alien with unstoppable superpowers(The people who complain about the destruction in MOS forget that it would be a defining moment in the world, realising not only is an alien amongst us, but he can level a city fighting baddies as powerful as he is, with not even a fleck of dust on him).
People will likely imagine him flying around saving people all the time.
It probably would never occur to anyone that he would actually have an alter ego and try and blend in with the populace.
If Superman were real, most people would not be suspiciously looking at Clark Kent. They'd be wondering what Superman is doing right now...

I think that Bale-Batman-Voice is all about a persona. It's like Clark Kent/Superman(I'll come back to that).
Everyone Batman comes after KNOWS he's a regular guy in a suit. He HAS to be... Doesn't he??
But after he beats their asses, and gives a few stern warnings in his shoutey voice, plus appears and disappears from(And back into) nowhere... People aren't sure. Not 100%...
If he talked like 89 Batman, it wouldn't be near as intimidating.

And back to Superman. He's a near mythic character in Metropolis(And worldwide). He's an invulnerable alien with unstoppable superpowers(The people who complain about the destruction in MOS forget that it would be a defining moment in the world, realising not only is an alien amongst us, but he can level a city fighting baddies as powerful as he is, with not even a fleck of dust on him).
People will likely imagine him flying around saving people all the time.
It probably would never occur to anyone that he would actually have an alter ego and try and blend in with the populace.
If Superman were real, most people would not be suspiciously looking at Clark Kent. They'd be wondering what Superman is doing right now...
:goodpost:100% agree

read a Superman comic. They tend to have a lot of destruction especially when he's fighting off villains in Metropolis. They know its a weakness to save the lives of people, so villains do tend to attack the people. And one of the things about Superman that makes him more interesting is that some of the people of Metropolis think he's a nuisance, that they would have been better without him if he never showed up because of the destruction he causes and people do die when he has to fight monsters and aliens. The destruction I had no problem with at all. Its what would happen and does happen in Superman comics.

Now if you go back to the very first Golden Age Superman, you get a very different character and the overall destruction is a lot less because he's usually involved with more individual crisis than the overall population of Metropolis.

Exactly.
I have read a lot of Superman, but tend to stick to worlds finest in the Superman/Batman team up comics.

Come! To my secret base on the moon!
:lol

It makes me kinda sad that as the TDK franchise ended last year, that's when WB/DC decides to make a World's finest movie with a brand new Batman. It really would have been cool to see Bale and Cavil playing Batman and Superman together in the big screen. I know a lot of people think Bale's Batman would have stood no chance but I'm sure Nolan and his team would have found a way to make it work.

I'm sure Nolan and his team would have found a way to make it work.
I am sure he made TDKR because Warner was pushing on him. I felt it was a bit rough. He said he will not make another one. The new batman logo could mean a reload of franchise, and that's the only way to keep batman without Nolan.

It makes me kinda sad that as the TDK franchise ended last year, that's when WB/DC decides to make a World's finest movie with a brand new Batman. It really would have been cool to see Bale and Cavil playing Batman and Superman together in the big screen. I know a lot of people think Bale's Batman would have stood no chance but I'm sure Nolan and his team would have found a way to make it work.

its sad we wont have any more Nolan Batman of course, but Im extremely happy the way it ended. And you have to look at it as this wasn't in any way supposed to be the "the only" Batman movie franchise. Its just 1 story of the life of Bruce Wayne and many will be made and told after just like the comics themselves do. Plus as an actor and director you probably don't want to be stuck and almost forced to keep making movies of the same character. They spend so much time making these films, we only see 2.5 hours of all the work they do. They spent like 7+ years. Its a lot to take on. And Nolan and Bale all want to do other things in their film careers.

Also to make 3 movies and have them all be hugely successful is extremely rare. They bowed out at the right time in my eyes. Time to let a new story be told. Sort of how TDKR ended...it was time for them to move on and let others do new and wonderful things with the character.

Nolan and Bale actually came very close to returning for this World's Finest movie a few months ago. Apparently negotiations fell through, though. Not sure if it was a money thing or maybe Nolan just thought better of it.

Nolan and Bale actually came very close to returning for this World's Finest movie a few months ago. Apparently negotiations fell through, though. Not sure if it was a money thing or maybe Nolan just thought better of it.

Honestly, i never believed this. I never heard Nolan, Bale or even Snyder say this. A lot of these rumors were coming out at the time of people thinking Justice League was being made next, and look, they are doing Superman/Batman. Everyone was wrong.

Unless someone has a quote from Nolan, Bale, or Snyder saying they were going to do it, i really won't believe it. Im not going to believe some blog or magazine that interviews some dude who maybe knows someone who works for WB.:lol

Honestly, i never believed this. I never heard Nolan, Bale or even Snyder say this. A lot of these rumors were coming out at the time of people thinking Justice League was being made next, and look, they are doing Superman/Batman. Everyone was wrong.

Unless someone has a quote from Nolan, Bale, or Snyder saying they were going to do it, i really won't believe it.

Of course they didn't say anything as nothing ever became official. And actually the report was that they were coming back for a Batman/Superman movie. The reason why I think it was true is because Batman-on-film reported on it. The guy who runs that site doesn't run rumors unless there's something to it. He's a big Nolanite and wouldn't have ran with the story if he thought for a second it was BS.

I'm sure it was BS. Nolan was quoted saying he was done, but I think Bale may have been interested. Either way, hope they pick a better batsuit

Of course they didn't say anything as nothing ever became official. And actually the report was that they were coming back for a Batman/Superman movie. The reason why I think it was true is because Batman-on-film reported on it. The guy who runs that site doesn't run rumors unless there's something to it. He's a big Nolanite and wouldn't have ran with the story if he thought for a second it was BS.

BOF reports lots of things. They reported that Justice League rumor coming from a source from Latino Review. Thats the one im talking about i never believed, but BOF still reported it. So they do post things that are rumors. They also post their own opinions on what to do and not to do.

I think I found it....and yes, they were reporting rumors.

https://www.batman-on-film.com/BATM...problems-affecting-Batman-reboot_2-12-13.html

update...theres a bunch of other things i just read on BOF they are retracting as well. BOF got caught up in some source linked to WB that was feeding him info that was wrong. simple as that.

Last edited:
Back