1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Compare that to the next two and it's just so over the top.

The irony of singling out the Goddamn Batman's voice as being the thing that is "over the top."

The Bale growl is way more intimidating/terrifying than previous incarnations if taken in a "real world" context. Which was appropriate for the TDK trilogy depiction of the character.

Conroy is the best voice of batman, period. Any actor playing batman should try to mimic it

I wouldn't be surprised if Bale did a 180 and came back- all depends on how bad WB wants him and how much money they will throw his way....

Conroy is the best voice of batman, period. Any actor playing batman should try to mimic it

No way. Even if you think Conroy is the best Batman voice so far, it is a TERRIBLE idea for another future actor to approach the role by trying to mimic him.

If he is bad at it, everyone will say he should've done an honest interpretation of the character rather than focusing on imitating another actor.

If he is good at it, the best thing anyone could possibly say is that he's a good "poor-man's" Kevin Conroy...probably the most backhanded praise an actor could get.

Remember Routh's Superman? I honestly felt bad for the guy because he was put into a lose-lose situation by being cast in the kinda-sorta-sequel/homage to the Donner/Reeve film. His performance is always going to be judged against how tried to fill Christopher Reeve's boots.
It's an IMPOSSIBLE situation, no matter how good a performance he (or any other actor) gives.

Cavill's MOS Superman is a fresh reboot, and sure, there will always be those who make comparisons between him and Reeve (and every other Superman actor)...but at least he (and the director) weren't trying to be Reeve as Superman all over again. They were just trying to be Superman. Period.

i think he's too egotistical to do a team up film...

Wow, really? Based on what?

This thread is so off topic. But I'll chime in.

I love christian bale as batman. For me, he brought the character to life. I'd love to see him return, but at the same time I think it may confuse people. It might be best to recast him.

I just don't see Armie Hammer playing batman. He hasn't done a role where I can see him legitimately carry a film. Even Cavill had the Immortals. Despite that movie's poor pacing and exposition, you could see that Cavill had the chops to pull off a leading role. I see Armie Hammer as more of a Booster Gold than anything.

If the character had to be recast. I'd go with Karl Urban. He basically was Batman in Dredd. Between his Dredd performance and Bones on Star Trek, I reckon he can do Bruce Wayne/ Batman.

Hammer already said he wouldn't play Batman now. He thinks Marvel does it better

This thread is so off topic. But I'll chime in.

I love christian bale as batman. For me, he brought the character to life. I'd love to see him return, but at the same time I think it may confuse people. It might be best to recast him.

I just don't see Armie Hammer playing batman. He hasn't done a role where I can see him legitimately carry a film. Even Cavill had the Immortals. Despite that movie's poor pacing and exposition, you could see that Cavill had the chops to pull off a leading role. I see Armie Hammer as more of a Booster Gold than anything.

If the character had to be recast. I'd go with Karl Urban. He basically was Batman in Dredd. Between his Dredd performance and Bones on Star Trek, I reckon he can do Bruce Wayne/ Batman.

Urban would be good, how about Jim Caviezel? He is awesome in Person of Interest.:lecture:lecture

There's a difference between placing value on artistic vision and being egotistical.

Bale falls in the former category.

He won't return.

He probably won't but anything possible these days- who would have thought Superman/Batman film already???

The irony of singling out the Goddamn Batman's voice as being the thing that is "over the top."

Good point, the open mouth/mouth breather look he had throughout TDKR was over the top and ridiculous too.

i was blown away by the fig after seeing it in person, there's pretty much nothing wrong about it at all. i might even order it and i don't even like superman.

Urban would be good, how about Jim Caviezel? He is awesome in Person of Interest.:lecture:lecture

Yes! A great actor, looks somewhat Bale-ish, but alas he's old looking.

Yes! A great actor, looks somewhat Bale-ish, but alas he's old looking.

I wanted Jim to be Tony stark lol. I think he's too old now, but wouldn't say no.

At least he's intelligent ;)

Lol. Good. Don't want him. I've seen posts on numerous forums wanting him as batman and I just don't see it. Booster Gold I wouldn't mind.

He was actually supposed to be cast as Superman in Superman Returns. Then they cut him loose and turned to Brandon Routh

just rewatched this movie tonight.... man now im jonesing for a battle suit ZOD!

I dont like Urban for it. Caviezel would be good but he may be getting a bit too old. I also thought the guy from Mad Men would be decent but again, maybe too old...

Back