1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

:lol:lol

I finally got my act together and freed this guy. Awesome, awesome figure. I have to spend some more time messing around with poses but he looks awesome in every way I tried so far. He reminds me of the original Spidey in the way that he's overall simple but has so much presence and looks awesome every which way. The sculpt really looks even better in hand than in all of these great pics floating around. Fantastic likeness and realism

:hi5:

I agree with your Spider-Man analogy too. If you don't have the ASM figure, I highly recommend it for Spidey fans. It may have gotten a bad wrap out the gate, but really is a fantastic 1/6 piece.

Now....if only The Skull would open his figure up. :impatient:

I've been really on the fence about Spidey, it's great looking just dunno about the suit, I'd be looking to do extreme poses but if the suit is gonna get ruined then be pointless as I'd rather hang myself than have a museum Spidey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of glue do you guys suggest for securing some of the waist elements to the suit? It looks like the point of one of the rubber stripes has pealed off a bit and I want to re-secure it, but I want to make sure the type of glue I use doesn't eat through the suit. Any suggestions? Thanks friends.

:hi5:

I agree with your Spider-Man analogy too. If you don't have the ASM figure, I highly recommend it for Spidey fans. It may have gotten a bad wrap out the gate, but really is a fantastic 1/6 piece.

Now....if only The Skull would open his figure up. :impatient:

I was actually talking about the MMS143 Spidey. I couldn't get down with the new ASM suit. I like the direction they went with the ASM 2 suit though. If the figure is a good representation of that I'll be all over it

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I was actually talking about the MMS143 Spidey. I couldn't get down with the new ASM suit. I like the direction they went with the ASM 2 suit though. If the figure is a good representation of that I'll be all over it

I understood. :1-1: I was just trying to steer you in the ASM suit, especially as a one-off since you won't be seeing it again. HT did a great job with it. Underrated.

The ASM2 suit has McFarlane feel to it and his ASM series was one of my favorites. Digging it a lot.

What kind of glue do you guys suggest for securing some of the waist elements to the suit? It looks like the point of one of the rubber stripes has pealed off a bit and I want to re-secure it, but I want to make sure the type of glue I use doesn't eat through the suit. Any suggestions? Thanks friends.

So I'm not the only one who had this problem. I didn't even force the waist to rotate. I was only trying to align the abs, and belt area since it was not aligned properly. I see some fans having him displayed in very dynamic poses without having this issue. Luckily I still managed to fix after a few attempts. I just applied a tiny portion of a normal quick dry glue, just be careful not to let it spread on the suit. But it is better to use a gel type of quick dry glue. I forgot the brand.

tuqu8yse.jpg

9e4uduvu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm not the only one who had this problem. I didn't even force the waist to rotate. I was only trying to align the abs, and belt area since it was not aligned properly. I see some fans having him post in very dynamic poses without having this issue. Luckily I still managed to fix after a few attempts. I just applied a tiny portion of a normal quick dry glue, just be careful not to let it spread on the suit. But it is better to use a gel type of quick dry glue. I forgot the brand.

Thanks for posting cause that is something to keep an eye on. Glad you were able to fix it.

I'd stay away from super glues. They spread on fabric like a drop of water would.

I'd say some type of fabric glue is the way to go. Something that stays on the surface and doesn't get absorbed by the material

I understood. :1-1: I was just trying to steer you in the ASM suit, especially as a one-off since you won't be seeing it again. HT did a great job with it. Underrated.

The ASM2 suit has McFarlane feel to it and his ASM series was one of my favorites. Digging it a lot.

Ah, got ya. Yup, that's exactly what I love about the pt. 2 suit. It has McFarlane written all over it :rock

Got my Tony mei cape in today.Did the neck collar mod and cape mod.Blown away by the cape and how it makes it even more realistic.And the collar mod made this figure more movie accurate.Took some before and after pictures.Thank you Tony!!!!!

Attachments

• s1.JPG
    s1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 477
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 466
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 469
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 517

I'd stay away from super glues. They spread on fabric like a drop of water would.

I'd say some type of fabric glue is the way to go. Something that stays on the surface and doesn't get absorbed by the material

It depends on what type of super glue you get. If you use the gel super glue on this, it works just fine. However, using the liquid super glue will totally eff up your figure 9 times out of 10. I've tried fabric glues and even this one called "quick-grip" and the hold usually isn't as good as a good gel super glue.

What types of glue has everyone been using on the cape mod to re-secure the black rubber neck pieces?

So I'm not the only one who had this problem. I didn't even force the waist to rotate. I was only trying to align the abs, and belt area since it was not aligned properly. I see some fans having him post in very dynamic poses without having this issue. Luckily I still managed to fix after a few attempts. I just applied a tiny portion of a normal quick dry glue, just be careful not to let it spread on the suit. But it is better to use a gel type of quick dry glue. I forgot the brand.

tuqu8yse.jpg

9e4uduvu.jpg

I heard that this might be a common issue of some sort. Mine came out okay, but I have experienced stuff like this with previous HTs.

What I do at tiny parts that need gluing is that i drop some glue on a flat stick and use it as applicator. For this type of problem I'd make a thin line of superglue on the edge a glossy cardboard and use it to spread the adhesive on to the material :)

I heard that this might be a common issue of some sort. Mine came out okay, but I have experienced stuff like this with previous HTs.

What I do at tiny parts that need gluing is that i drop some glue on a flat stick and use it as applicator. For this type of problem I'd make a thin line of superglue on the edge a glossy cardboard and use it to spread the adhesive on to the material :)

I actually used a toothpick to apply it on that rubber piece. I didn't apply the super glue directly. I don't know how to describe but I think this issue happened because the adhesive that HT used to stick the rubber pieces was absorbed by the fabric and dried on the true type body. Some people poses their figure and I noticed that the rubber pieces on the belt moves along with the fabric when they articulate the body so they don't have this issue.

Thanks for posting cause that is something to keep an eye on. Glad you were able to fix it.

You are welcome. Hope this does not happen to other's figure.

It depends on what type of super glue you get. If you use the gel super glue on this, it works just fine. However, using the liquid super glue will totally eff up your figure 9 times out of 10. I've tried fabric glues and even this one called "quick-grip" and the hold usually isn't as good as a good gel super glue.

Ah, thanks. I didn’t know that super glues came in a gel form. So the Loctite gel one that's being mentioned will just sit on the surface of fabrics and not bleed thru them and spread?

Ah, thanks. I didn’t know that super glues came in a gel form. So the Loctite gel one that's being mentioned will just sit on the surface of fabrics and not bleed thru them and spread?

yea I didn't know here was a gel until late last year either :lol

I use Scotch gel super glue but Locktite comes in both gel and liquid forms so you just have make sure you get the one that says "gel" on it.

sg_g_cntrl.png

yea I didn't know here was a gel until late last year either :lol

I use Scotch gel super glue but Locktite comes in both gel and liquid forms so you just have make sure you get the one that says "gel" on it.

sg_g_cntrl.png

I have been looking for this brand of gel glue for quite some time now. Still can't find it. I'm not sure if this is a common brand here in Asia.

Back