1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

apparently ,Zack posted it! Zack has a private instagram account, so unless you request to follow him and He LETS you follow him, you wont see what he posts or be able to search his posts.

https://instagram.com/cruelfilms

https://i.imgur.com/iCe7QvX.jpg i didnt find it nor do i have access to it ,but learned of it in a post on the super hero hype forums ,and though others may be interested in seeing it

Just wanted to share my pose I'm diggin :)
apybyza8.jpg

Great pose.... looks like he's about to takeoff.

question. is it ok if i do the neck/collar mod without doing the custom cape mod? what are some tips i should remember? i see a lot of members here doing both simultaneously. i'm also planning to wire the stock cape as well.

question. is it ok if i do the neck/collar mod without doing the custom cape mod? what are some tips i should remember? i see a lot of members here doing both simultaneously. i'm also planning to wire the stock cape as well.

This is what I did. I did the neck/collar mod without ever removing the stock cape. It can be done but it gets a little tricky. Once you remove the plastic collar and reposition the outer collar, the stock cape gets a little tight around the back of the neck since you are repositioning everything more forward to get the gap between the S and the collar to be smaller.

This is what I did. I did the neck/collar mod without ever removing the stock cape. It can be done but it gets a little tricky. Once you remove the plastic collar and reposition the outer collar, the stock cape gets a little tight around the back of the neck since you are repositioning everything more forward to get the gap between the S and the collar to be smaller.

thanks for the tip:hi5:. so you didn't cut the stitches between the suit and cape at the back? scared of doing this but i really want my supes to look better. only decent mod i've done is the dx12's reversible neck mod :lol

thanks for the tip:hi5:. so you didn't cut the stitches between the suit and cape at the back? scared of doing this but i really want my supes to look better. only decent mod i've done is the dx12's reversible neck mod :lol

You don't need to cut the stitches.
You cut the top frame bhind the neck(Just above the stitches), and peel that off. Then use a scalpel and cut the inner frame and gently peel that out from the inside. Then cut a little bit of the costume out and re-seat the top frame again and then reattach the cape.

Yeah count me in as one who will be keeping my Supes (when he gets here) Stock.

I love the mods done to him but I still love the look of him stock.

As Barry said I did not cut the stitches on the back of the suit. I did mine slightly different than Barry explains though. Oddly enough I went ahead and removed the inner collar withOUT removing the outer color. It was tough, and odd at times, but I was able to do it with no discernable marks to any visible part of the suit. I did it by finding the small gap between in the inner and outer collar and working a blunt instrument between. I did this all the way around in order to loosen the small areas of suit that are glued to the inner collar. I then cut the inner collar in the front and back and removed it in two pieces. I can try and take a few pics of what I did later today or tomorrow... I know, a lot of people doing this mod are going to say I did this a crazy difficult way, but it is what I did and it worked for me, so take it as you will:).

My plan originally was to leave it this way, as it removed the big, obvious shoulder hump from the neck area and left the stock cape in place. However, while removing the inner collar some of the outer collar loosened and I figured "What the Hell" and so I removed the outer collar but kept the cape attached to it. This allowed me to reposition the outer collar and reglue it in place much closer to the S as everyone else has done.

Isn't there a mod thread? If not there should be.

Isn't there a mod thread? If not there should be.

You know what? There is, and I didn't even know that until you mentioned it. Apologies, will keep modding discussion to that post if needs be:).

I just got mine last weekend, and finally got to unbox it last night. Was prepared to mod it having watched all the tutorials, but when I saw it out of the box I thought I could get past the inaccuracies and keep mine stock instead. It's a great piece. Yes he's tall but I like the base body HT came up for this figure I wish they would offer it as a TrueType release.

Sorry for the terrible photo, but here he is now on the top shelf (I realized I should have given Cavill an Elevated stand).

P3260684_zps220489e6.jpg

I should be ashamed of myself. I have this beaut and I've barley unboxed him. All I've done so far is pop it open for a peek and he fell on the back burner.

Skimming around there seems to be a lot of talk about a mod and some QC issues. I have a lot of catching up to do...

Congrats HM :rock

Thanks buddy! Yeah, this figure rocks!

I should be ashamed of myself. I have this beaut and I've barley unboxed him. All I've done so far is pop it open for a peek and he fell on the back burner.

Skimming around there seems to be a lot of talk about a mod and some QC issues. I have a lot of catching up to do...

Display him already if you could, man! IMO this figure is amazing unmodded as it is with those mods. As for QC issues, I think there are a few, but every now and then a different concern with each figure so no common issues on this I think.

Back