Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad I was able to keep the BD Mark VII. Thought I might have to sell it for a while, but luckily it gets to remain part of the collection. The base really is something special and helps justify the otherwise high price of this guy.

My current setup:

5D3_0461.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_0464.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_0462.jpg by SteveDupuy, on

5D3_0465.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

5D3_0466.jpg by SteveDupuy, on Flickr

Great pics and a great display set up.:hi5:

Some people are butt hurt lol ! It's my money lol ! What's wrong with you ! We're here for sharing our joy ! Our hobby

I haven't watched the Avengers in a while but why is the clean Mark VII have silver between the shoulders but the BD does not. Did that piece just come off totally hence the BD?

Every single one of you who said this was the best Iron Man are correct. Holy ****, it's beautiful. The colors, the battle damage, the head sculpt, goddamn, I could easily sell every other figure if I had to and keep this. Unbelievable, Hot Toys you ****in nailed it.

I haven't watched the Avengers in a while but why is the clean Mark VII have silver between the shoulders but the BD does not. Did that piece just come off totally hence the BD?

It's the same is it not.... ("Silver between the shoulders")
IMG_6817.JPG

TS jettisoned all of the munitions pods of the suit when going into the wormhole in the film, the BD figure is based on the scenes after he returns to earth.

I actually picked one up. But like someone else mentioned the BD looks much better than the regular Mark VII and I tend to agree. So I was wondering if paying $150 extra for the BD after selling it would be worth it. The BD rose up quick in price. I have to say most IM figures are getting ridiculously expensive once thy sell out relatively fast. I remember the Mark VI Promo still being available at $300 when I started this hobby but didnt think it would rise to where it is now. I'm sure if everyone knew they'd pick it up because of cash value and not because of owning the figure. I have yet to sell any of mine. Just because I don't need to therefore I keep them. That might change.

Every single one of you who said this was the best Iron Man are correct. Holy ****, it's beautiful. The colors, the battle damage, the head sculpt, goddamn, I could easily sell every other figure if I had to and keep this. Unbelievable, Hot Toys you ****in nailed it.

Shut up shut up SHUT UP!

mine is arriving tomorrow!, and i am in China, i guess you guys received yours way sooner, anyways. it's really expensive here.

Something I've always wondered, and maybe it's just me...but technically shouldn't all the BD scrapes and such be gold? The suit is made from Gold-Titanium alloy, with paint over it, so when that paint is scraped off shouldn't it be gold?

I actually prefer the silver as it looks better, but just something I was pondering haha

Something I've always wondered, and maybe it's just me...but technically shouldn't all the BD scrapes and such be gold? The suit is made from Gold-Titanium alloy, with paint over it, so when that paint is scraped off shouldn't it be gold?

I actually prefer the silver as it looks better, but just something I was pondering haha

*hahaha* I've thought the exact same thing! You are very right. And i also prefer the silver colored scrapes for effect

Actually, they kinda look like that during the final Loki confrontation, when he asked for the drink.

That's actually true. I didn't realize that lol. Maybe he expects a slightly more damaged on the body or scars perhaps :)

ever hear of white gold? :)

i was also wondering how close to the $1000 mark the value will get like some swore it would. i don't think it will go higher than $600 for the foreseeable future.

I'm really dying to open mine, this clearly doesn't help. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm really dying to open mine, this clearly doesn't help. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You should open it just to inspect for damage. If you sell it and the buyer opens it to find it damaged, what then? Better to sort this out before sale, or even putting it away in storage.

Wear rubber gloves to prevent fingerprints and acids from getting on the figure.

Back