Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry...I know they're crappy , but here you go.

20131014_120729_zps31731f24.jpg

20131014_124007_zps081cf2fe.jpg

20131014_124032_zps4c594834.jpg

20131014_125146_zps9a5d18ad.jpg

Awesome!!! Thanks for the pics! Makes the wait harder to get home:rotfl

got mine today and damn i love it. way more then the mark7 normal. i almost want to sell the old one now lol. my only gripe is crotch holder base is worthless if u want him standing over the chitari

i dont want to start an argument here but they sort of look the same.

No argument there, they are the same figure. One just has a little more battle damage, a sick base and a kickass head sculpt. But everyone who order it knew that already. The protos paint was a little better but other than that I'm completely satisfied with it.

Ok,
Can someone post picture side by side with Mark VII BD with regular mark VII BD?

Want to see the comparison. Thanks!

No argument there, they are the same figure. One just has a little more battle damage, a sick base and a kickass head sculpt. But everyone who order it knew that already. The protos paint was a little better but other than that I'm completely satisfied with it.

exactly, the proto did look a little more damaged. it's still a sick figure i would like to have.

I got into this Hobby back in June of this year. A friend at my office had some figures shipped there and I was interested. I bought a Mark V which was the easiest figure to obtain for a good entry price. I received it and was pretty happy with the detail. I thought to myself hmm, this is a pretty light toys, but looks very detailed. I then bought an Mark II unleashed. I was like ok comes with a lot of accessories, looks nice. So I then bought War machine. I was like now this is what we are talking about very detailed and felt hefty, even for a plastic figure. I keep paying after market prices just to catch up. Most of the figures I have paid almost double the original 189.00 price.

You ask how does this relate to this discussion. Well Yesterday I saw a fellow member post a Mark VII Battle damage for 510.00 shipped. I instantly PM'd him and offered 520.00 shipped with paypal fees. He sent me an invoice and I paid for it. He is getting it on Thursday and will ship out to me the next day.

Now because I'm a new collector that wants a Mark VII for my HOA display and a BD mark VII for my Avengers display. This is the only way for me to get him is to pay the aftermarket. I was way too late to get into the hobby and now I have to pay extra to join you guys... Thats the name of the game. I wish these figures cost way less than they do, but they will only keep costing us more because we pre order at full retail every time. We have NO choice if we want to buy one for our collection. The only other choice is to Stop......The minute we stop and decide to come back months later we are screwed because of the after market. So you either move forward and keep collecting and pay the retail PO pricing, or walk away which is super hard to do. The darn House party protocol is gonna cost me, but you know like many of us will end up getting every single one of those armors because they will all have unique qualities.

So I'm almost done getting all the Mark Armors. I only need a Mark VI now and then I'm caught up. The good thing is now I can Pre order all the Armors like you guys for retail and most likely will buy 2 of each so I can have one to trade down the line. I'm wit you guys and enjoy this expensive fun hobby. So Hot Toys bring it on with 40 more armors. :nana:

PS if someone has a decently priced Mark VI they want to sell let me know. Don't care about special movie version. I actually think the regular version looks better since you get the BD base....

I think this thread needs some pics so here's my pic......Cant wait for BD Mark VII.....:)

HOA by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

If you are bored and want to see more pics here is where Hulk went this summer........
:wave
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96020900@N03/sets/72157635335446086/
:clap

I got into this Hobby back in June of this year. A friend at my office had some figures shipped there and I was interested. I bought a Mark V which was the easiest figure to obtain for a good entry price. I received it and was pretty happy with the detail. I thought to myself hmm, this is a pretty light toys, but looks very detailed. I then bought an Mark II unleashed. I was like ok comes with a lot of accessories, looks nice. So I then bought War machine. I was like now this is what we are talking about very detailed and felt hefty, even for a plastic figure. I keep paying after market prices just to catch up. Most of the figures I have paid almost double the original 189.00 price.

You ask how does this relate to this discussion. Well Yesterday I saw a fellow member post a Mark VII Battle damage for 510.00 shipped. I instantly PM'd him and offered 520.00 shipped with paypal fees. He sent me an invoice and I paid for it. He is getting it on Thursday and will ship out to me the next day.

Now because I'm a new collector that wants a Mark VII for my HOA display and a BD mark VII for my Avengers display. This is the only way for me to get him is to pay the aftermarket. I was way too late to get into the hobby and now I have to pay extra to join you guys... Thats the name of the game. I wish these figures cost way less than they do, but they will only keep costing us more because we pre order at full retail every time. We have NO choice if we want to buy one for our collection. The only other choice is to Stop......The minute we stop and decide to come back months later we are screwed because of the after market. So you either move forward and keep collecting and pay the retail PO pricing, or walk away which is super hard to do. The darn House party protocol is gonna cost me, but you know like many of us will end up getting every single one of those armors because they will all have unique qualities.

So I'm almost done getting all the Mark Armors. I only need a Mark VI now and then I'm caught up. The good thing is now I can Pre order all the Armors like you guys for retail and most likely will buy 2 of each so I can have one to trade down the line. I'm wit you guys and enjoy this expensive fun hobby. So Hot Toys bring it on with 40 more armors. :nana:

PS if someone has a decently priced Mark VI they want to sell let me know. Don't care about special movie version. I actually think the regular version looks better since you get the BD base....

I think this thread needs some pics so here's my pic......Cant wait for BD Mark VII.....:)

HOA by matrix0fleadership, on Flickr

If you are bored and want to see more pics here is where Hulk went this summer........
:wave
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96020900@N03/sets/72157635335446086/
:clap

:goodpost:...Even if you are new at collecting HT figures, you have a seasoned collectors mentality. :clap

BTW Great collection! Sweet picture.

Sorry if this is not the place to post this, but can someone help me with posting in the for sale / for trade section?

I want to put my BD Mark VII up for trade or sale and wasn't able to post in there. Is it because I've only been a member for 6 months?

Thanks

Sorry if this is not the place to post this, but can someone help me with posting in the for sale / for trade section?

I want to put my BD Mark VII up for trade or sale and wasn't able to post in there. Is it because I've only been a member for 6 months?

Thanks

You have to send a PM to Darklord Dave asking for permission to post in the For Sale/Trade section.

I well know the playing catch up game. Loki, Coulson and MK7 were the only of the Avengers I was able to get at retail. Found good deals on Hawkeye and Black Widow, and got Cap for almost retail, but looks like I'm paying through the nose for Fury.

Good deals can be found and patience can pay off but in general, you have to expect to pay the piper for missing out on preorders. That's the way it is with stuff that has limited runs. Now, paying say $800 for a PS4 because you have to have one on release day and missed the PO is stupid, bc something like that will go back into production and supply will be generatedto meet demand. High end collectibles don't work that way.

Hello, The bd mk vii just arrived and it beautiful. I have a question for those who have opened their bd mark vii's. MY open-face head sculpt has a magnet visible on the right side. I'm curious to know if that's standard on the piece or it was incorrectly assembled. pics to follow :)

^There are magnets at the left and right.... yours is slightly mis-assembled and glued in as such... some have both magnets showing... and some have none...

As some of HT glue bonding are weak... one could disassemble, shave and reshape parts and reassemble....

Back