Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent pic of the Mark VII BD.. I think its the stand, rather than the battle damage to the suit, that is of most interest.. although the slightly 'Imperial Rome' stance over a dead opponent, may not be to everyone's taste.

1385849_505401879549146_1406496131_n.jpg

i hope that isn't the official BD MK 7 next to the regular MK 7 because i don't see much of battle damage on the figure besides scorch marks.

i hope that isn't the official BD MK 7 next to the regular MK 7 because i don't see much of battle damage on the figure besides scorch marks.

There is terrible lighting in that photo. Not the best photo to judge this figure on.

I do wish there was more BD on this piece, but it still looks amazing.

That Silly Thing Iron Man is one of the few that has gotten to that price mark (strangely to me, considering the really dated sculpt). But as I said before, it is the real exception to the rule. 4 or 5 figures in the entire history of Hot Toys doesn't constitute "many" figures. RPD Leon doesn't sell for that much, it's just that folks post BINs for that price and hope some schmuck comes along and pays it. I just checked, and the last one that sold on eBay went for right over $500. One of the issues with Hot Toys is that few of their releases are truly rare. Even these supposedly rare exclusives like the BD figure here probably have multiple thousands produced (their 10th anniversary "exclusive" figures had 4,000 produced of each).

There are very few pieces that haven't had a good rate of appreciation once some time has past after selling out. You definitely can't say many but there have been a good handful to hit crazy prices and only a select few to hit truly ridonkolous prices. I'd say there's a good amount in the crazy priced range ($500-$900) like Leonidas, Blade, Origins Wolvie, most of the old Iron Men, Celtic & Chopper Preds and so on. Aside from silly thing there is only one piece that I could think of that really took the crown in the secondary market... Ani-com Scar.

I was chasing one a couple of years ago and I was paying close attention to every listing that ever surfaced (there wasn't many as this has a confirmed worldwide ES of 250). The few that popped up were consistently selling for $2000-$2500. I thought that I had one cornered for $800 with a seller on eBay who didn't seem to know what he had (he wasn't a collector and it was a gift), and I was trying to convince him to end the auction (day one and no bids at the time) and do the deal directly. He was ready to bite and then someone bid; he changed his mind and decided to let the auction ride out. It ended at $1400 (-/+) and at the time that was by far the cheapest I saw it go for. Now I'm sure that stock crashed significantly after the latest 2.0....

If anyone is interested, I can send you the link to someone in another forums selling this for $579 all fees, shipping etc included.

Crazy prices people are selling these for. They haven't even started shipping from Sideshow. Sideshow may get more than they thought originally and then people will very dumb.

Crazy prices people are selling these for. They haven't even started shipping from Sideshow. Sideshow may get more than they thought originally and then people will very dumb.

So there "dumb" because they choose to pay more for a sold out figure and have it for sure? Lol I love how people judge everyone who dosen't see there way of thinking.

dude you can try to justify it any way you want but buying this toy for $500+ is pretty dumb regardless

Lol yeah and one could argue that an adult buying a $300 "toy figure" is dumb too right? But to each there own. I have no doubt they don't want to spend that much for a single figure but the chances of getting this figure for retail is pretty slim, unless they release more which probably wont happen. So if they missed out on the pre order, want it bad enough and can afford it then more power to them. I don't think any of us can really do any judging when it comes to paying for figures when were all guilty of paying too much, myself included.

It isn't sold out b/c as he stated Sideshow hasn't even began shipping them.

No you can put youself on a waitlist to try to get one if they end up getting more available but at this point how many people are on that list? And do you really think that everyone on it is going to get one? Look unless you got a pre order in or went on the wait list within the first 24-48 hours its probably unlikely your going to get one. So yeah unless your in one of those two boats its pretty much sold out for you. So at this point what are your options? Move on to the next pre order or pay $500+ for the figure. If you choose to own and your willing to pay then more power to you. But just because your paying that much dosent make you dumb, its just means your determinded to get it no matter the cost.

And if I remember right aren't you the one who posted they were willing to trade a hulk for this?

No you can put youself on a waitlist to try to get one if they end up getting more available but at this point how many people are on that list? And do you really think that everyone on it is going to get one? Look unless you got a pre order in or went on the wait list within the first 24-48 hours its probably unlikely your going to get one. So yeah unless your in one of those two boats its pretty much sold out for you. So at this point what are your options? Move on to the next pre order or pay $500+ for the figure. If you choose to own and your willing to pay then more power to you. But just because your paying that much dosent make you dumb, its just means your determinded to get it no matter the cost.

And if I remember right aren't you the one who posted they were willing to trade a hulk for this?
You have no experience with SSC W/L if you believe that to be true

And yes I'll trade a Hulk, I have 2 by no design intentionally - so what?

If you think about it $500-$580 is not really too high for this. It retailed for $318 if you add shipping. That leaves a $262 profit margin for the seller BEFORE adding the Paypal fees. The fees are $11-$12 which leaves a profit of only $250 bucks!!! That ain't bad at all. The problem here is that the figure itself cost a butt load with shipping included. I mean a figure that sells for $194 and is sold out and people buy for $450-$500 (such as Hawkeye) VS a figure that sells for $318 and it's sold out and people selling it for $580, I think that we know which one is more ridiculous to buy (hawk, hint) giving the fact that one of them is highly collectible due to its limited edition. I'm sure that if this figure would retail for $194 and people would try sell it for $500-$580 then that would be a utter scalp, but at this price for how much it retailed and the whole Paypal fees and shipping, etc. I think it's a fair price.

If you think about it $500-$580 is not really too high for this. It retailed for $318 if you add shipping. That leaves a $262 profit margin for the seller BEFORE adding the Paypal fees. The fees are $11-$12 which leaves a profit of only $250 bucks!!! That ain't bad at all. The problem here is that the figure itself cost a butt load with shipping included. I mean a figure that sells for $194 and is sold out and people buy for $450-$500 (such as Hawkeye) VS a figure that sells for $318 and it's sold out and people selling it for $580, I think that we know which one is more ridiculous to buy (hawk, hint) giving the fact that one of them is highly collectible due to its limited edition. I'm sure that if this figure would retail for $194 and people would try sell it for $500-$580 then that would be a utter scalp, but at this price for how much it retailed and the whole Paypal fees and shipping, etc. I think it's a fair price.

:exactly: And if he sells it on ebay there is an 11% fee as well that deducts from his $250 profit margin.

I mean, it's ridiculous to think that a seller will let this go for a profit of $100 while he sees this beast selling for over $700 on Ebay!
Hell! I check everywhere for market research prices and I've found that in Chinese Taobao and in YAJ this figure sells for over $800 after currency conversion! This is not a isolated incident with US-HK sellers. Also, it's ridiculous to think that a seller will let it go for retail unless that seller can't pay for the pre-order. But then again, if a seller can't pay for the pre-order, makes more sense to make a small profit and sell it for a doable moderate price than to let any sort of income or profit slip away by simply canceling and LOOSING the $29 NRD.
I checked some YAJ sales and it has been selling for 70,000 minimum. And this is in Japan, which they have a physical Hot Toys flagship store.

:exactly: And if he sells it on ebay there is an 11% fee as well that deducts from his $250 profit margin.

Back