Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't panic. It's just that same MKVII they take to all the shows, but with a *Dead Chitauri* base.
The final will look better.
I hope...
Here's the pic:

64.jpg

That base looks awful. :lol

Still not looking great, or is this the regular mark 7 as some claim they are showing. That makes no sense to me but whatever. This pick looks just as disappointing really hope in hand he looks at least close to the proto. Kind of a waste of money otherwise since mk 7 already comes with bd parts.

You're right that no one knows which figure we'll be getting. But I've been collecting Hot Toys for about 3 years now and they've never pulled a stunt like this where the final product is waaaay different than the prototype pics shown.

I hope your right, that vid is way old, and what gets me is if that's not the one were getting then why show it off as the BD??? Just dosent make any sense. Lol I think were all hoping it will be the one we saw in the april youtube vid.

You're right that no one knows which figure we'll be getting. But I've been collecting Hot Toys for about 3 years now and they've never pulled a stunt like this where the final product is waaaay different than the prototype pics shown.

I'm not sure is that's entirely accurate.
I think it was the Bruce Lee DX where this exact issue happened - the final figure looked way different than the prototypes show initially.
Granted, the DX came out solid in the end ;)

Yes, this will turn out crappy. I'll buy your preorder off of you so you don't have to be burdened with such a crap figure. :monkey3

I hope your right, that vid is way old, and what gets me is if that's not the one were getting then why show it off as the BD??? Just dosent make any sense. Lol I think were all hoping it will be the one we saw in the april youtube vid.

It is weird especially how proud they are of everything Iron Man, to go through all the trouble of big elaborate over the top full size displays, customs by movie stars, actual car and set pieces from the movie and then display a fake BD MK VII promo.

Hopefully we will see the real deal soon or if this it then maybe it will look better in OMG's photos.

Just got this to say, if you hate it, cancel it. I love the base and figure. I have waitlist that need converting.....

I love my MK VII and still want this but it's just strange to me that this might be a stand in for the actually figure we are getting. Just looking forward to seeing the finished product.

There are two different display models. The one we are likely getting and the stand in Mark VII with a 10 minute paint job.

Real one
941_mkVII.jpg

941262_10151448943038528_1667229983_n.jpg

Stand In
9326315922_6465314fe7_b.jpg

9326311930_0f710b3848_c.jpg

No need to freak out, you can easily see that they're two completely different "models" with the stand in being the regular Mark VII. It has the rib armor and the paint job is no where near the same.

Has a gloss coating on it, which is the dead give away as the real one has a matte coating which is also seen in the proto images. Wrist laser is also on it for no reason other than the fact that it's from the regular Mark VII.

Last edited:

Yeah, it is an old video but I just can't see hot toys releasing any other version than that one. There's a huge difference between the two and wouldn't definitely piss off a lot of collectors. I probably would cancel my pre-order if it did happen :lol

I'm not sure is that's entirely accurate.
I think it was the Bruce Lee DX where this exact issue happened - the final figure looked way different than the prototypes show initially.
Granted, the DX came out solid in the end ;)

Oh really? I may not have known of hot toys at that time, so I'm not sure.

But I know the protos aren't always the same as the final product and if the final product is different it is usually because hot toys made improvements IMO

Oh really? I may not have known of hot toys at that time, so I'm not sure.

But I know the protos aren't always the same as the final product and if the final product is different it is usually because hot toys made improvements IMO

It was actually enterbay's game of death bruce lee that was messed up in the final product.

Just once I wish HT would get the red right. For every release, they make it way too bright when in reality it's more of a maroon. Even in the second shot in bright daylight, it's still not candy apple red. I love my Mark VII but I do wish it was darker.

It was actually enterbay's game of death bruce lee that was messed up in the final product.

Yep, good call it was the EB BTS.

Also, the Mark 3 BD got heavily criticized on release regarding a proto sculpt shown that looked amazing.
Here was a proto pic from that set:

img272.jpg

A link to the FB drama that ensued: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4626919&id=714347914&subject=58690437343&ref=mf

Hot Toys received so many customer complaints that they issued a response:
Dear all Hot Toys customers and figure fans,
On behalf of the Hot Toys production team, we are sorry about the latest announced backstage photo of Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) collectible which has aroused strong criticism on the head sculpt on online platforms. At that time, our team would also like to express our thoughts in this statement.

First, we have replied proactively that this announced head sculpt is finally approved by licensor. The head sculpt, which was reported by magazine before, finally cannot pass the approval process successfully, amid our amendment and persuasion for many times. We were suggested to re-use the previously released head sculpt and we are reluctant but have to accept this truth. Therefore, the rumor guessing that we intentionally keep the previously reported head sculpt for future Iron Man 2 version's use is not correct.... See More

The purpose to make this Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) by our team is to provide fans with a more well-equipped product with more sophisticated and specially designed features and with accessories which incorporate a brand new painting method. To put it simple, the main focus of this product is on the advancement of technique in all aspects and shall not only be limited to a new head sculpt. During the production process, we have encountered a multitude of problems. It is more difficult than producing a simple figurine. Perhaps fans may not be able to totally understand this, but every one from our team has devoted the utmost of our heart and time on this project which we think deserves fans’ respect. Strong criticisms or even attack over a certain issue is unfair to us and that is not what our team wants to see.

Last but not least, we have to clarify that though we have to re-use the previous head sculpt in this new product reluctantly, we have used totally brand new materials and painting effects, which would make it look different from the Mark II one. Hope you would understand our purpose of producing this product is to pursue the overall advancement in developing high quality product, so we would be appreciated if you could look at the product as a whole. We admit that we may have some faults in the process, but we would definitely take this experience for future improvement.

If you are still dissatisfied with the Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) head sculpt and think that the whole set of product quality cannot reach your standard and satisfy your requirement, Hong Kong customers can visit our Toy Hunters store on or after Chor 5 (Feb 18) to get the deposit back. For those Hong Kong customers who purchase with full payment can also get back the total amount on or after Feb 18. Alternatively, customers can also change the deposit or total amount to other products. It applies the same to overseas customers and please contact your local distributor or our Customer Services Dept at [email protected] for the arrangement.

We will take this experience and continue to provide high quality products to meet your needs in future.
Best Regards,
Hot Toys Production Team

Last edited:
Back