Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have to avoid all Iron Man figure threads until I see the movie because it seems like some people will always insist on blurting things out. Its like keeping their mouths shut about what they saw will cause them to burst.

Normally I would agree, but when I saw the influx of IM3 figures that HT's have been planning I actually thought wow the IM3 film is going to feature some awesome suits of armors so I better start saving up to see which ones I should invest in with HT's

Now that the spoilers have come out tenfold, I know I don't have to waste time with these and can focus on the other projects HT's is planning like ASM, Man of Steel, Avengers 2 etc. :lecture

I am going to have to avoid all Iron Man figure threads until I see the movie because it seems like some people will always insist on blurting things out. Its like keeping their mouths shut about what they saw will cause them to burst.

And what exactly did the quote "lol yeah and in the end did an awesome job!" exactly give away??? Jesus some people in this forum are wayyy too sensitive.

So what I don't understand is this is for the BD Mark VII - why are we talking about all of the other armors here? I don't get it.

So what I don't understand is this is for the BD Mark VII - why are we talking about all of the other armors here? I don't get it.

Probably because there are so many Iron Man threads people are forgetting which one they are in when they comment. :lol

Last edited:
Normally I would agree, but when I saw the influx of IM3 figures that HT's have been planning I actually thought wow the IM3 film is going to feature some awesome suits of armors so I better start saving up to see which ones I should invest in with HT's

Now that the spoilers have come out tenfold, I know I don't have to waste time with these and can focus on the other projects HT's is planning like ASM, Man of Steel, Avengers 2 etc. :lecture

That's what I am starting to think as well. I haven't seen the movie yet but it is looking more and more likely that I'll just stick with TS, IP, and MK XLII that I have on order and save money for other licenses and past IM figures that I missed.

I was going to possibly go with some other armors based on this movie but backed out because none struck me as, "that's awesome, definitely need that for the collection." Mark VII and down are the best representations for Iron Man. So I'll be sticking with the 2 Hot Toys versions of VII and call it done. Which is sad because of all the new armors that were in this one there was so much potential to make some of them really stand out and shine and they really just didn't take that approach with the armors you do see.

Because of what were witnessing from the new film is just adding more value and novelty to this version and to the idea of IM alone:lecture

Also what a huge and greedy mistake HT's is trying to do with IM3.

I think it's an insult to collectors!

Having this much armors in a 2 hour movie was just a ploy by Disney and Marvel to sell as much toys and merchandise as possible.

Having this much armors in a 2 hour movie was just a ploy by Disney and Marvel to sell as much toys and merchandise as possible.

True but if that's the case I think HT's shouldn't gauge collectors with big prices on the IM3 merchandise.

the studios presents it to the public. if it appeals to us, we buy it. if it doesn't appeal to us, we don't. therefore some will love and some will hate. how is this different than any other figure produced? pretty simple to me.

like=sale.... dislike=fail

the studios presents it to the public. if it appeals to us, we buy it. if it doesn't appeal to us, we don't. therefore some will love and some will hate. how is this different than any other figure produced? pretty simple to me.

Don't usually agree with you but I have to say your right on the money. Ht see's how well IM sells so of course there gonna try to pump out as many as they can. Only time will tell as to how many will be profitable.

lol :lol

I didn't read previous posts so I dunno why you are saying that, but I agree

Don't usually agree with you but I have to say your right on the money. Ht see's how well IM sells so of course there gonna try to pump out as many as they can. Only time will tell as to how many will be profitable.

I think they will all be profitable because if we don't pick it up, flippers will anyways. :rotfl

Back