Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was weird. We got there over an hour early expecting long lines. Nothing. The theater eventually got pretty packed but not 100% full. Nothing like how Avengers and TDKR were last year. I guess everyone wanted to see it at midnight instead because there was a huge crowd waiting when we got out.

Oh same here, ghost town at 9, the theatre was wrapped around the velvet when I got out. Crazy.:cuckoo:

Oh same here, ghost town at 9, the theatre was wrapped around the velvet when I got out. Crazy.:cuckoo:

maybe people didn't know. the avengers here didn't have an early show and the first was midnight. until i looked, i didn't know either. couldn't make it tonight but tomorrow i'll be in thick!!!!

maybe people didn't know. the avengers here didn't have an early show and the first was midnight. until i looked, i didn't know either. couldn't make it tonight but tomorrow i'll be in thick!!!!

That's what I figured. I only found out about the 9:00 show through a Fandango email I got last month.

Just got back from seeing this bad boy and I gotta say, very impressed. Glad I PO'd Tony Stark, and other things already said by people before me lol. Don't want to spoil it so hurry up and go see it!

Gonna watch it 10am tomorrow. Avoid the crowd and relax. And use the movie to gauge what armors I'll be buying.

Glad to hear you guys liked it! Maybe after I see the Mk 42 in action I would pre-order it even though it looks kinda ugly to me at the moment. I am hoping the big Igor might impress me on the screen to pre-order that because I like the way it look from those other sneak peek pictures from Hot Toys.

Going to buy a ticket online tomorrow to see it now.

Man, my idea sure took off. I see this in every Iron Man thread.

For sure. I sold the first one to a collector here.
I made this one on spec in case anyone else wanted one. But mainly because i want one...(But i can make more if anyone else wants one)

Great job Username! A great Avengers vibe going on there in that display. The light up table just raises it to a whole other level.

Thanks. I am waiting on BW getting here, or she would have been there too.

Yeah have it admit it looks pretty sick.

Thanks! I will finish it today at work.

the iron man exclusive figures would look good on that light table

Yeah. Trying to snag them... If anyone has the MKI hologram and doesn't need it let me know.

Username - Great idea for a display. Good job!

Thanks. It was suggested to me by someone else but it makes perfect sense when you see it in operation.

Great job Username! :hi5:

Might I ask what the hologram female is? doesn't look like the Halo one I saw before.

Thanks. It's a 1/20 Ma.K resin figure kit. "Takako Lopez", but spray painted white, then dry brushed with several coats of clear gloss blue.
The layers build up and give it several levels.
But the holo table lighting makes it look kind of like a hologram...

IMG_6438.jpg~original

IMG_6437.jpg~original

IMG_6435.jpg~original

IMG_6434.jpg~original

After hearing how everyone is saying that a preorder of the Mark 42 is a must, I'd love to have it - but still on the fence about diecast. Will HT make a regular MMS Mark 42??

Yeah just saw the movie in IMAx 3D, was awesome. Yeah I have to kinda agree, the Mark 42 has a way of growing on you after seeing the movie. Might have to pick this one up.

Last edited:
Yeah just saw the movie in IMAx 3D, was awesome. Yeah I have to kinda agree, the Mark 42 has a way of growing on you after seeing the movie. Might have to pick this one up.

Someone on the board had the best description of it, can't remember the person but it fits wonderfully.

"The Mark 42 is the 'Little Suit That Could', can't help but to root for it!"

From what I've been reading about IM3 and the armor situation I'm coming up with two valid points..

1. This version and the Mark VII is definitely going to be a hot collector's item for sure

2. Hot Toys made a huge mistake investing so much into the armors of the IM3 film, because now I think the attraction to collect them will be less.

lol yeah and in the end did an awesome job!

I am going to have to avoid all Iron Man figure threads until I see the movie because it seems like some people will always insist on blurting things out. Its like keeping their mouths shut about what they saw will cause them to burst.

Back