Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nothing new to me..wife made me wait for black friday and her iphone........ssc needs to po this asap

Just asked Sideshow and this is what I got:

me: Is there going to be a pre-order for the Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man Mark 7 Battle Damaged Promo Edition??
Just a moment...
Sideshow Kathy: hello
Sideshow Kathy: we do not know if we will be able to distribute that figure
me: That sucks. Is it just going to be an Asia release??
Sideshow Kathy: I am sorry, we don't know what Hot Toys' plans are
if we are going to be able to offer the figure through our website, we will have an update in our newsletter or on facebook

if we are going to be able to offer the figure through our website, we will have an update in our newsletter or on facebook

I think that is SSC answer for anything related to HT lately including things already on PO that have been delayed 6 times :lol

This whole thing is garbage to me. Many of us preordered the MKVII and now there's a limited edition BD Mark VII? Based on the fact that this will probably sell only enough money saved up for the other MKVII odds are I won't be able to get this. HT should have just had a MKVII with like 3 levels of battle damage and maybe charged like 300 bucks. This sucks.

Just asked Sideshow and this is what I got:

me: Is there going to be a pre-order for the Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man Mark 7 Battle Damaged Promo Edition??
Just a moment...
Sideshow Kathy: hello
Sideshow Kathy: we do not know if we will be able to distribute that figure
me: That sucks. Is it just going to be an Asia release??

I wonder where those US ebay scalpers plan to get their stock if SSC doesn't get them. :lol

I wonder where those US ebay scalpers plan to get their stock if SSC doesn't get them. :lol
They said WORLDWIDE release. SSC is not good when it comes to knowing their own stock. Really no point in asking them directly.

Take the Joker 2.0 for example. Many people flamed on them for their stock issue. Was instock for a day when it came out, said they're checking inventory, went to sold out, instock again and now it's sold out with the waitlist which mine got converted but I managed to get one from another member.

They list these things when Hot Toys informs them of it, they said they don't know if they'll get it simply because they haven't gotten anything from Hot Toys giving them the Green Light to open up PO.

It'll be coming out in the USA and I'm betting it'll be through Sideshow just like the Mark VI Promo was.

It'll be coming out in the USA and I'm betting it'll be through Sideshow just like the Mark VI Promo was.

Which means like the Avengers Mk. 6, it will instantly explode in price on the secondary flipper market due to perceived scarcity.

Way to go, HT! :violin

They said WORLDWIDE release. SSC is not good when it comes to knowing their own stock. Really no point in asking them directly.

Take the Joker 2.0 for example. Many people flamed on them for their stock issue. Was instock for a day when it came out, said they're checking inventory, went to sold out, instock again and now it's sold out with the waitlist which mine got converted but I managed to get one from another member.

They list these things when Hot Toys informs them of it, they said they don't know if they'll get it simply because they haven't gotten anything from Hot Toys giving them the Green Light to open up PO.

Yeah, I'm quite sure SSC will get them. I just found those speculator/scalpers funny. :lol

Yeah, I'm quite sure SSC will get them. I just found those speculator/scalpers
funny. :lol
More or less sad because for
1) Can be a scam. After 30 days you aren't covered by eBay on your purchase so the seller doesn't even have to send out the item if they don't want too.
2) They just made a profit for selling it for $500+ when it'll only cost around $230 or $500 profit if they decide not to send the figure to them.

More or less sad because for
1) Can be a scam. After 30 days you aren't covered by eBay on your purchase so the seller doesn't even have to send out the item if they don't want too.
2) They just made a profit for selling it for $500+ when it'll only cost around $230 or $500 profit if they decide not to send the figure to them.

It's funny because it works. :lol What they're doing is sad, but it's just funny
how they are actually able to sell their listing.

I love the gold accents on the chest area. Gives it a more comic book feel with the red plates "damaged off". I have a feeling you're looking at an SDCC Exclusive. Don't they start announcing them around April/May anyway?

I love the gold accents on the chest area. Gives it a more comic book feel with the red plates "damaged off". I have a feeling you're looking at an SDCC Exclusive. Don't they start announcing them around April/May anyway?

:goodpost: I think you may be on to something. This would be a perfect SDCC release...

:goodpost: I think you may be on to something. This would be a perfect SDCC release...

Anything is possible. I hope not though. There are a dozen other figures I'd rather have as a SDCC exclusive. And considering this is already a MOVIE exclusive, would it make sense to make it a SDCC exclusive also? Depending on the production size, it will probably already sell out as a movie exclusive alone. Who knows.:dunno

Anything is possible. I hope not though. There are a dozen other figures I'd rather have as a SDCC exclusive. And considering this is already a MOVIE exclusive, would it make sense to make it a SDCC exclusive also? Depending on the production size, it will probably already sell out as a movie exclusive alone. Who knows.:dunno
PRAYING they don't do that. They have a huge opportunity to do a nice surprise figure for SDCC, don't make it this one Hot Toys. This will sell out PLENTY as a regular SSC online PO, no need to limit it to SDCC.

Also agree. I'd rather see something new at SDCC too.

As for this piece, I have a hunch it'll be sold the same as last year's Mark VI. Easy peoples.... Don't feed the scalpers yet....

images

Back