Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

The 'looking up' movement would have made him look so much more awesome!

MarkVII-2_zpsd671ef22.png

People post about how difficult it would be for a human to get into a scaled up version of the HT figures. Can you imagine what a human would look like in that armor?

:lol:rotfl

Anyone know of the best chrome/gold model paint out there? I may repaint one of mine..

I picked up a extra MK II unleashed to make into a Mark III. I'd love to see what a good custom gold paint app would look like. Wonder if gold leaf product would work on something like this plastic. If applied properly would look more machined than painted.

I picked up a extra MK II unleashed to make into a Mark III. I'd love to see what a good custom gold paint app would look like. Wonder if gold leaf product would work on something like this plastic. If applied properly would look more machined than painted.

Gold with the blue lights too? Would look sick! Red lights would look evil as hell!

The best I can think of is making a cut on the base of the helmet at the back. :lol

Looking at my MK4 now and it would have to be alot! Also if you look under the chin,its pretty hollow. I think it would need something to fill that gap to actually look like a full helmet. I sure dont got the skills:lol

I'm still waiting for a HT Iron Man that can do this. We're finally getting good repulsor hands, maybe a modified helmet and/or neck post would be next.

From the released parts... It appear HT has enabled this with Mk. 7... lighting has moved to the head, that frees the neck for more articulation.... Mk.7 appears to be a major step up from previous Mk.s... except probably the PVC undies that's still maintained

I'm going to start this comment with :peace

I understand people are upset about not getting the e-mail, but let's really get down to the brass tacks.

This figure was announced by Sideshow and it was going to be available sometime within two weeks of IM3 premiere stateside. Everyone who follows HT knows that figure launches occur sometime between 2-8PM (They close 8PM EST).

Armed with these facts, all you would have to do is check this board 1 time an hour or (7 times between 2-8PM). If this figure meant that much to you as a collector then I think with today's technology that is very little to ask of a person. Now for our friends out of the US they got screwed so even that would not have helped. Anyone else that is complaining about not getting e-mails has nobody to blame other than themselves. Yes, sideshow needs to get their **** together, but to blame that e-mail as to why you didn't get the figure is just passing the blame off yourself for not keeping up with the release. The figure sold out in 2 hours and I am 100% certain not all of the people that ordered it did because of an e-mail from sideshow.

Use it as a learning experience, the next time a figure is Exclusive and limited check this board 1 time an hour and you will not miss it.:peace

:exactly: A great summation of the order situation with this figure with great tips on how to make sure you get an exclusive figure the next time one is available.

I'm going to start this comment with :peace

I understand people are upset about not getting the e-mail, but let's really get down to the brass tacks.

This figure was announced by Sideshow and it was going to be available sometime within two weeks of IM3 premiere stateside. Everyone who follows HT knows that figure launches occur sometime between 2-8PM (They close 8PM EST).

Armed with these facts, all you would have to do is check this board 1 time an hour or (7 times between 2-8PM). If this figure meant that much to you as a collector then I think with today's technology that is very little to ask of a person. Now for our friends out of the US they got screwed so even that would not have helped. Anyone else that is complaining about not getting e-mails has nobody to blame other than themselves. Yes, sideshow needs to get their **** together, but to blame that e-mail as to why you didn't get the figure is just passing the blame off yourself for not keeping up with the release. The figure sold out in 2 hours and I am 100% certain not all of the people that ordered it did because of an e-mail from sideshow.

Use it as a learning experience, the next time a figure is Exclusive and limited check this board 1 time an hour and you will not miss it.:peace

^^^^ I agree with u.. I found out by checking with this thread every day at different hours of the day.

Which is exactly what I did. I checked this board 3-4 times a day until I noticed someone posted the sale. I did receive the email too. But I didn't check the email until after my order was already secured. Basically, I want to thank the board members here for being so thorough in giving me the head's up. :1-1:

Which is exactly what I did. I checked this board 3-4 times a day until I noticed someone posted the sale. I did receive the email too. But I didn't check the email until after my order was already secured. Basically, I want to thank the board members here for being so thorough in giving me the head's up. :1-1:

If it wasn't for a few fellow boardies who posted the link to the order page, I would have most likely missed out since I never did receive the email so I too want to say thank you.

If i remember correctly The flying pose shown in the preview for the regular Mark7 has his head tilted pretty far up. I'm sure the neck joints are the same.

I live in PA as well, about a quarter mile from a mining op, it's a nightmare. Can't imagine working in one....

From the released parts... It appear HT has enabled this with Mk. 7... lighting has moved to the head, that frees the neck for more articulation.... Mk.7 appears to be a major step up from previous Mk.s... except probably the PVC undies that's still maintained
They should've done it a long time back. Alongwith the 'repulsor' pose.

That's a really good idea. They should make a flying/looking up head. Even if it would be a static sculpt of just minimal articulation to look left or right. I guess they never bothered because there isn't a stand suitable to pose him in a flying position. They should make that too

Back