Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my fingers crossed that there is someone out there totally desperate for the BD version that will swap me the MKIV and Gantry.
Or an Iron Monger, lol.
I suppose that's never going to happen!
:lol

i'll swap a factory sealed iron monger for one. pm me if interested.

Whatever that means.

take comfort in the fact you scored a hot toys iron man mark VII battle damaged version. this very well may be the highlight of your life.

like-a-brick-477x400.jpg

Its weird how that works. I work a job that doesn't always allow me access to a computer. I put in for the email notice but haven't been checking in frequently. This thing hit on a day I happen to have off, and the email buzzed my cell phone as I was walking with it in hand to take a nap, where I would certainly have missed my shot had I or the email been off by five minutes. I just got lucky.

congrats. that's what i like, a winner with grace and a sense of fair sportsmanship for the hunt. unlike some of the other immature 'tools' in the freak toolbox. :nana:

kudos buddy!!! :clap

I tried ordering this about 10 minutes after getting the email about 11:30pm UK time, but nothing. Spent ages trying to get past the submit purchase page only to be told it is not available in my region.

What on earth! I'm all signed up to to their newsletters and never got notified that it was up. I did get the previous email on the 19th "Limited Hot Toys' Iron Man Figure Coming Soon!" Celebrating Iron man 3 Battle Damaged Mark VII coming soon.

Oh poo looks like I missed it, what's the of sideshow giving the option to sign up for notifications when then don't send any

Not availible outside U.S - Whats that all about? Joke.

I guess that explains why there was no email. Those that were U.S got it.

Last edited:
If I don't dig the version of MK VII. I'll be trading it for some Nolan bats figures. FYI fellas.

Nope, I got an email too despite being a good distance away. :lol

Yah, me too. Bit misleading though. It should have said 'Pre-order Iron Man Mk 7 Battle Damaged now! - UNLESS you are some poor sap who lives outside the US, in which case feel free to come on in and rage n weep all ya like while US customers snap em up in front of your eyes, muhahahaha!'

Nice one SS. :gah:

Because this is Hot Toys decision. They want it limited to SSC and within the states.

I wonder why that is... if Hot Toys still has a grudge against UK collectors from the DX02 mess, or it's totally unrelated.

It nearly reminds me of 1989/90 with the rare Ninja Turtle figures that very few could find.

Funny to think of all this, region locked internet. Anyone got a hack to unlock it? :lol

I spoke to someone at sideshow and they said to keep an eye on Hot toys' facebook page as they are going to release this figure for international purchases as well...... that is what she said

I take that back, looks like it was unrelated...

Last edited:
a friend didn't get an email notice yesterday. just talked to him and he received it around 6am this morning, timestamped 5:04pm eastern yesterday afternoon. emails should only take seconds once sent, not half a day to reach you. what's up with that?

What was weird I tried looking for it on SSC website wouldn't come out. You could only order it through the email.

What was weird I tried looking for it on SSC website wouldn't come out. You could only order it through the email.

I found it through the sku code. 902032

Because the front page link of this forum is borked.

Damn I was out last night at the NFL draft with a bunch of friends and missed out on this. Oh well, it's just an overpriced toy. At least I saw the Jets get a new QB last night- hello Geno Smith and good-bye Mark (Butt Fumble) Sanchez. The NFL is more important to me in the long run anyway.

I have a feeling this will be in stock again soon. Its just one of SS method to make everyone panic and buy it on impulse because of the price - like the method EB uses to sell the jordan exclusive figured. Just look at the movie promo mark vi which was rarer than this, that one was cheaper and lasted for 2-3 days if i remembered correctly.

wasnt thinking of getting this,, but boy,would I have been pissed if they didnt offer to international customers, I mean , there are people buying HT from several parts of the world, from SIdeshow ,shouldnt they be shown some kind of gratitude, I pay alomost 30% extra too in customs when ordering from SIdeshow, so now asking customers like us to go look elsewhere is a pretty poor marketing tactic

I have a feeling this will be in stock again soon. Its just one of SS method to make everyone panic and buy it on impulse because of the price - like the method EB uses to sell the jordan exclusive figured. Just look at the movie promo mark vi which was rarer than this, that one was cheaper and lasted for 2-3 days if i remembered correctly.

But the thing is, that's a EB Micheal Jordan figure. The fan base for Iron Man is 10 times larger than that of people wanting to buy a figure of MJ. I didn't even know about the PO for MJ until after it was too late, this figure was being anticipated for a long time. It's two different things to compare.

I don't think there will be more. Hong Kong got 800, Singapore got 600 and another area is getting 500. It's not all that hard to believe this was very limited to the states as well.

As punishment to all you living in the states bragging about how you got one I'm now going to post IM3 spoilers in every thread :lecture

Don't blame me, blame Sideshow :wink1: :lol

Right on- you braggers who said they got one.....:gah:

Wish it was ME who was braggin':lol

Back