Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody have any pictures of this guy with the Origins head on it? I'm thinking of buying a knock off head from Origins to put on this body.

1174934_10151623351763528_1106592216_n.jpg

602050_10151623351738528_2029759971_n.jpg

1172452_10151623351713528_1078189105_o.jpg

I hope The Wolverine or Days Of Future Past gets a Hot Toys treatment. But honestly the Last Stand head put me off, but really its all about the hair, its the hair that so so wrong not the face so much. I might still regret not getting it though

Don't worry, now that Hot toys knows the collector world is gay for wolverine, they'll be pumping out a version of this every 2 or 3 years.

The origin head looks absolutely ridiculous on the suit. Both sculpts are complete opposites... and then there are BJ specials on ebay (sculpts with open mouths and no nose wrinkle)

And it's still one of the most in demand characters in the sixth scale world...:dunno

The next one is going to be sick... just sick. Probably a DX imo

Let us know how it is--if anything can be salvaged from it like the head or the hands or if the outfit is fabric or sculpted. It might be a good source for parts and customs.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't like the last Stand look anyways but if some stuff works for a custom it should be worth the $40

I think this version will fit in best with the Avengers team because of the comic like suit.

And IMO this HS looks good paired with Origins version but the Origins HS doesn't pair good with this version.

I still like my Origins more but I don't own this, it maybe a few years until we get another Wolverine, hope I'm wrong.

Hey guys,

If anyone here is still looking for one, I have one for sale at $180 shipped (never displayed). I don't have the shipper though. . .

Video Review of the Hot Toys MMS187 The Last Stand Wolverine

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hum_XZhk6sE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUROf_lOxJO7P6ta0oxNwf9Q[/ame]

Another shinning example of Hot Toys Craftsmanship. Based on Hugh Jackmans portrayal of Wolverine in X-men: The Last Stand. A very well made 1/6 replica of the outfit from the movie, metal (sharp) claws and a cool base.

The head sculpt on the figure is fantastic, very high level of detail and paint work. A high level of contention with the sculpt is the expression, it is not very photogenic and tends to look very odd in photo and also in video. In person the sculpt looks great and with the right pose the teeth work very well. The likeness is pretty good in my opinion, though due to the expression it can appear to be off.

The articulation on the figure is great, though the suit can restrict it. With double jointed elbows and knees as well as a muscular true-type it can be put into most required poses. The suit mainly restricts the ab crunch and the head movement. The figure has fantastic range at the ankles but they also tend to be very weak so using one of the stands is advised. The figure has standard hand articulation but the glove design hinders the movement as the cuff is very long and quite often pops off when moving the wrist. It can be very annoying.

Parts count is low. Though it's seems high due to the inclusion of the sentinel head figure stand. The stand looks great and does it's job, but it isn't screen accurate and it tends to has a somewhat 'cheap' feel. It come with a pair of relaxed hand on in box and also close with a pair or fists and a pair of clawed hands. But that's it... An extra head would have been great and padded out the price a bit.

Overall its a great figure and I do recommend it weather you are a fan of the film or not.

Full Gallery Here:
https://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/hot-toys-mms187-the-last-stand-wolverine-gallery/

Last edited:
I really am struggling as to weather or not to jump on this guy...anyone got any clue if HT are going to give us a fig from new movie.

I really am struggling as to weather or not to jump on this guy...anyone got any clue if HT are going to give us a fig from new movie.

I own the figure and maybe a good thing to buy for seale value later on. The head sculpt sucks. Head sculpt is just wrong on this figure and I own the original origins figure too and that's the better sculpt IMHO

Mark from OSR had a interview couple of months ago and Howard said they plan on releasing Wolverine from the recent movie.

I would hold out if you're really questioning if you should buy this one or not.

As I just said in the new thread this Last Stand version is possibly my favourite figure from 2013 so far so I wouldn't use the new version as a reason not to buy this :lecture

Back