Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with the brief plot details we've heard on The Wolverine, the new figure should hopefully (and probably) come in either.

1) A military style battle damaged wolverine.
2) Some form of modified brown suit.

I think the latter is unlikely because I can't see the movie tackling the brown spandex. So I think it might be some form of "rough" looking wolverine.

I would love it if they some how came up with an alternate take on the brown spandex (for the movie and the figure) exactly like the did with Captain America.

A third Wolverine :yess: Dx him up HT for the forth version....

I don't collect a lot of these figures. But I wanted a few of these to represent the Superhero movies.

Right now, I have Reeves Superman and Keaton Batman displayed with my DC movie dvds and bluerays. I like the classics here because both represent break out films for the genre even though I like the newer batman movies better.

Then for the Marvel movies I have the red and blue Raimi Spider-man and the First Avenger Captain America. I have thought that Wolverine though would round out the Marvel representation of Marvel movie figures to display with my DVDs because this would give me a figure to represent the X-men to go with the one I have to represent the avengers and Spidey.

I love the figures from the Avengers movie line by the way, but kind of felt it was all or nothing picking them up- and I certainly can't afford ALL.

Anyway here is the thing. Idealy I like the Origins version of Wolverine the best- but I missed out and I am not paying what they are going for on ebay- especially because they might be fake anyway.

As for the new one I want to like it. I don't mind the X-men uniform because I wanted a figure that could represent those movies anyway, but the body looks way to big and musclebound compared to the origins figure. Is this a different body, or does it just look this way because of the costume they have over it? The legs in particular look huge. I also am not in love with the expression.

So here is my dilemma- do i get this one now or do I wait to see what the next Wolverine movie might bring?

Here is the thing- I only want to buy ONE wolverine figure and I want it to represent the character in the broadest way possible. That is why I love the origins figure the best, because he wore a similar "costume" in all the movies.

If all we get figure wise is some samurai Wolverine I am not going to want that figure as the only Wolverine figure I would own no matter how awesome the figure might look. I can understand why a Wolverine fan might want this, especially if they are getting multiple wolverine figures, but I am wanting a figure that represent his general appearance and not something so specific. - But it is possible that the next movie might provide us with more than one option.

So it looks like I should get this new X-Men 3 Wolverine figure now, because even though the retail price is inflated some, I worry the after market price will become just as much out of my reach as the Origins version and the next Wolverine may be too samurai like for my tastes.

What do you guys think? Would you pick up this X-Men 3 version of Wolverine if you were me or would you wait for what comes out after the next Wolverine movie or wait in hopes they somehow re-release Origins Wolverine?

I think with the brief plot details we've heard on The Wolverine, the new figure should hopefully (and probably) come in either.

1) A military style battle damaged wolverine.
2) Some form of modified brown suit.

I think the latter is unlikely because I can't see the movie tackling the brown spandex. So I think it might be some form of "rough" looking wolverine.

I would love it if they some how came up with an alternate take on the brown spandex (for the movie and the figure) exactly like they did with Captain America.

Im thinking something along the lines of the Ninja Bruce Wayne costume from Begins and mixed well with the Cap First Avenger suit. Give it a brown look / not all black. Throw in a Samurai mask that looks like Wolverines and there ya be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

So I watched X3 last night, and while there is a lot to dislike about the movie (and the trilogy in general), I do find that these days I actually enjoy the movies. I guess I appreciate them for what they are, and what they did do right. That.. and maybe b/c Cyclops got owned.

Bring on civilian Logan 2.0 with Kato tailoring this time! :lecture :lecture :lol

Im not saying the tailoring couldn't be improve, but the first release was really pretty good. The only criticism I would have is his jacket was too puffy but other then that I thought it was first rate. I think the jacket should have been more vinyl then the rough texture also.

Yeah the jacket is nice, but the collar kills it for me. So too with the tank top; not scaled down well.

I'd like a stronger likeness too - & more X1 Logan, than XMO.

Last edited:
I don't collect a lot of these figures. But I wanted a few of these to represent the Superhero movies.

Right now, I have Reeves Superman and Keaton Batman displayed with my DC movie dvds and bluerays. I like the classics here because both represent break out films for the genre even though I like the newer batman movies better.

Then for the Marvel movies I have the red and blue Raimi Spider-man and the First Avenger Captain America. I have thought that Wolverine though would round out the Marvel representation of Marvel movie figures to display with my DVDs because this would give me a figure to represent the X-men to go with the one I have to represent the avengers and Spidey.

I love the figures from the Avengers movie line by the way, but kind of felt it was all or nothing picking them up- and I certainly can't afford ALL.

Anyway here is the thing. Idealy I like the Origins version of Wolverine the best- but I missed out and I am not paying what they are going for on ebay- especially because they might be fake anyway.

As for the new one I want to like it. I don't mind the X-men uniform because I wanted a figure that could represent those movies anyway, but the body looks way to big and musclebound compared to the origins figure. Is this a different body, or does it just look this way because of the costume they have over it? The legs in particular look huge. I also am not in love with the expression.

So here is my dilemma- do i get this one now or do I wait to see what the next Wolverine movie might bring?

Here is the thing- I only want to buy ONE wolverine figure and I want it to represent the character in the broadest way possible. That is why I love the origins figure the best, because he wore a similar "costume" in all the movies.

If all we get figure wise is some samurai Wolverine I am not going to want that figure as the only Wolverine figure I would own no matter how awesome the figure might look. I can understand why a Wolverine fan might want this, especially if they are getting multiple wolverine figures, but I am wanting a figure that represent his general appearance and not something so specific. - But it is possible that the next movie might provide us with more than one option.

So it looks like I should get this new X-Men 3 Wolverine figure now, because even though the retail price is inflated some, I worry the after market price will become just as much out of my reach as the Origins version and the next Wolverine may be too samurai like for my tastes.

What do you guys think? Would you pick up this X-Men 3 version of Wolverine if you were me or would you wait for what comes out after the next Wolverine movie or wait in hopes they somehow re-release Origins Wolverine?

Reeves?

Pick up this Wolverine if you are satisfied with it but expect that a better version could come out in the future.

Reeves?

Pick up this Wolverine if you are satisfied with it but expect that a better version could come out in the future.

Expect a better version, but also expect a higher price tag. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Expect a better version, but also expect a higher price tag. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

:exactly: I read HT has the license for The Wolverine therefore, it is safe to assume another figure is due in the future.

That said, this Wolverine checks in at $235, it is a safe bet the new one will cost more....the prices continue to spiral upward with no end in sight.

I get the feeling HT has seen by the Avengers line that we will buy complete teams. Can you imagine Storm, Cyclops, Iceman, Nightcrawler and Collosus sitting on your shelf all in the same X-Men uniform? Smart move on their part.

Say what you want about this Wolverine, but he will look alot better standing with the rest of the X-men.

I get the feeling HT has seen by the Avengers line that we will buy complete teams. Can you imagine Storm, Cyclops, Iceman, Nightcrawler and Collosus sitting on your shelf all in the same X-Men uniform? Smart move on their part.

Say what you want about this Wolverine, but he will look alot better standing with the rest of the X-men.

I'd love to get more XMen however, I won't hold my breath. I only need Wolverine but a deeper line would be awesome.....

I love everything about this figure except the price (and lack of second head) :(

Iceman, all iced up like the custom shown earlier would be fantastic.

That and cyclops would be my top three from X3.

It's almost guarenteed another wolverine will get made ,with another wolverine movie coming out..I cant wait that long for another . I want my wolverine yesterday ha ha... I defnitley think we will get more x men in these suits ..At least Storm Cyclops ,iceman i'm hoping...:pray:

We will get a rubbish Cyclops if he's from The Last Stand.

The really should've gone with X2 rather than X3 and yes they may go Blade on this line as opposed to Spider-man but I still would've preferred X2 all round.

Back