Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT certainly knows how to kick off the people who were sitting on the fence.

Both Hot Toys and Sideshow are responsible for the current prices of these figures. HT has been jacking up their base prices, but Sideshow also insists on their own profit margins (which are obviously substantial since their own authorized dealers sell these things cheaper than they do). People in Honk Kong pay about $30-60 USD less per figure than we do. As the NA distributor Sideshow gets to set the prices here.

The good thing for us UK collectors is if we wait for our UK dealers to get him in (which is what 8 weeks or so after he hits the US) I bet we get him for £160 like all the other recent 'standard' releases

The good thing for us UK collectors is if we wait for our UK dealers to get him in (which is what 8 weeks or so after he hits the US) I bet we get him for £160 like all the other recent 'standard' releases

Yeah, that's because you don't have Sideshow adding to the price as the only official distributor like we do. :(

I'm not joking... my jaw literally dropped open when I saw that price.

Hot Toys and Sideshow will soon kill this hobby if they don't reign this skyrocketing price crap soon.

HUUUUUUGE pass on this figure at that price.

In terms of buying several figures each year they've pretty much killed it for me. I guess collectors will start to become alot more selective when choosing what character(s) they buy.

who am I kidding. free shipping makes it around 215. still WAY too much money, but still... bought.. Sideshow should be sending me a free tube of lube.

In terms of buying several figures each year they've pretty much killed it for me. I guess collectors will start to become alot more selective when choosing what character(s) they buy.

I did a LONG while ago. Most Marvel makes it in the cut. Love my comics too much.

Star wars i'll cherry-pick.

Sideshow DC Figures I'll cherry pick as well.

Same with Gi joe.

who am I kidding. free shipping makes it around 215. still WAY too much money, but still... bought.. Sideshow should be sending me a free tube of lube.

At least you can save money by buying pants, why wear then at all if they're just gonna be around your ankles?

Zing!! C'mon! That was a little funny! Yeah?

Pass, again Sideshow/Hot Toys price a figure ridiculously.

Waiting for Henry Cavill Superman and that's it.
(for that I will pay anything) :lol

And that's actually a good thing. May also can be more accuracy demanding :lol

And that's actually a good thing. May also can be more accuracy demanding :lol

Despite the higher prices Sideshow and Hot Toys must still be hitting their sales targets. I'm guessing most of the buyers of these figures will still buy regardless of the price increases anyway.

Back