Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what everyone's surprised about . The price of these thing have been sky rocketing across the board . There all too much money if you ask me . It's ridiculous . I mean the joker 89 is how much ? $270 .

Joker 89 is one of the best figures I've seen though. You not only have a massive piece of child hood history in your hands, you also have a 99% Jack Nicholson sculpt and enough extra's to throw a party. (or cash in if you want to make some money back).

I don't think people mind paying heavy for real quality and nostalgia but this has neither and like I said I'm the BIGGEST Wolvie fan.

I don't know what everyone's surprised about . The price of these thing have been sky rocketing across the board . There all too much money if you ask me . It's ridiculous . I mean the joker 89 is how much ? $270 .
Compared to this, that one is a bargain.

Joker 89 was a dream figure. I POed him and 89 Bats not planning on getting any other HT figures afterwards.

But if they want $500+ from me every month for various figures, that's just not going to happen. When Avengers is done and I have the main Batman characters I expect I'll grab only a few new figures a year.

HT is becoming the new Medicom. Sure the sculpts are 70-80% there but the price is getting ridiculous.

Joker 89 is one of the best figures I've seen though. You not only have a massive piece of child hood history in your hands, you also have a 99% Jack Nicholson sculpt and enough extra's to throw a party. (or cash in if you want to make some money back).

I don't think people mind paying heavy for real quality and nostalgia but this has neither and like I said I'm the BIGGEST Wolvie fan.

Good point. 89 Joker is a masterpiece. Last Stand Wolvie is only very good. Very good is not good enough at these prices. Drop the cheesy stand, charge $169 and I'd have snatched him up in a minute.

Good point. 89 Joker is a masterpiece. Last Stand Wolvie is only very good. Very good is not good enough at these prices. Drop the cheesy stand, charge $169 and I'd have snatched him up in a minute.

:goodpost:
same here, drop the lame stand.
drop the price to affordable for what it is.
im in.:hi5:

of course, that will never happen.......... :cuckoo:

maybe this will hit ebay without the sentinel stand for cheap, like the black spiderman now is on ebay without the sandman base. :dunno

The days of $170 HT figures are OVER. It is a shame. To charge this much for such a mediocre figure with bare bones accessories is a slap in the face. They are pricing themselves out of the market...walking off the deep end and shouting IMO.
89 Joker is such a great figure- great sculpt, outfit and accesories excellent, PERs, etc.no comparison, light years difference.

Good point . Joker is iconic . Now I got Samuri predator comIng in three weeks . Decisions , decisions . I really like the look of this figure . I have $50 in rewards points at side show . Should I get this or hulk ?

:lol at everyone saying 'when Avengers is done' they'll quit

If you were quitting you wouldn't be still getting all of them

I'm not planning on getting rid of these things. I'm just going to massively slow down my buying. I'll still get SS Star Wars, Big Chief Dr. Who, and some HT one-offs. But this fall/winter Hot Toys has gone CRAZY! I'm going along for the ride for Batman and Avengers, and then not hopping on their next crazy train.

Besides, what's the point of having so many of these things that I can't display them all? The day I have to start boxing up HT figures is the day I need to start selling - and I don't sell.

most will continue paying it :panic:

No way man. The reality is, we needed a nice disposable income to be able to afford these in their old price (which I have). Now they are just crossing through a whole new level of pricing. Soon this will not be for the average collector anymore. There are very few people out there that can afford to spend thousands of dollars in toys. Soon, we won't be able to have two characters from a movie for less than $500 bucks... I rather use that money to go on vacation to be quite honest.

Good point . Joker is iconic . Now I got Samuri predator comIng in three weeks . Decisions , decisions . I really like the look of this figure . I have $50 in rewards points at side show . Should I get this or hulk ?

If you have to ask, maybe neither. You shouldn't spend that much money on anything you're not in love with.

That's like saying, "Should I marry Sue or Pamela?" "Apparently neither."

I agree and ironically I'm always of the opinion that the stands can add value and make a figure stand out. Just not this time :)

There seems to be no standard when it comes to pricing lately. I was giving the Hulk figure some heat but now I'm just sort of confused by how they attain the pricing. Looks like popularity for me.

The Medi Darth Maul is a good example also. It's the exact same figure from before now with a healthy price change.

Even nick fury comes with more stuff than this thing :rotfl

I know. That's a ****ing disgrace IMO

If this had significant accessories to justify the price then I'd be fine with it it's as if they priced this coming with a bunch more accessories and then not included them :slap

The comparion to DX joker proves how including enough justifies the price as acceptable. This doesn't come with enough to be acceptable in pricing.

For this price the sentinel head should be 1/6

No way man. The reality is, we needed a nice disposable income to be able to afford these in their old price (which I have). Now they are just crossing through a whole new level of pricing. Soon this will not be for the average collector anymore. There are very few people out there that can afford to spend thousands of dollars in toys. Soon, we won't be able to have two characters from a movie for less than $500 bucks... I rather use that money to go on vacation to be quite honest.

Agreed. I was the same, i was all up for getting all figure variants of every character, back when they were $139.99 $169.99 even $179.99. Then the Iron mans hit $190-$215, fair enough i thought considering the mechanics of the designs for those suits, then superman and 89 batman and joker hit, i said ok maybe likeness rights and licensing drove price up a wee bit, but now?
EVERYTHING is getting $200-$220-$230+ not including shipping, its way out of hand. Wolverine has pushed the envelope just that much TOO FAR.

Look at Joker DX1 and the accessories he came with, and look at Joker 2.0 and what he comes with. Then look at the price difference. Honestly, i dont give 2 ****s if their is 2 years or 2 months between when they were released, the price should be the SAME for what they are. :mad:

And your right, theres not many people out there who can afford to buy so many HT's per month, and if you put in other great products like PF's and maquettes/ statues from SS, its all over.

I have 5 pf's on pre order and about 5 hot toys, and im only keeping them because i have paid a certain amount of each off alrerady on flexpay and given SS NRD's for the rest.

But thats it for me. Once they are paid and shipped im out. its gotten ridiculous and id rather go on a nice holiday than be stuck paying off thousands of dollars on toys.
More power to those people who are filthy rich and couldnt care less about dropping $235 on a sub standard figure. :wave

386941_354779471263259_647503391_n.jpg

I agree HT / SS pair suck donkey nuts with their continued random price hikes but I dig the figure. Wolverine is my favorite movie character therefore, I was in regardless price. Catwoman, Barney Ross or Professor Xavier come in at this price ***** you HT / SS :pfft:

I was going to bite at $189, albeit grudgingly. However, $235 is highway robbery. I could go thru the list of all the other recent HT figures that have more for less or have more for just alittle more, but I think it's easy to see that this Wolvie is too much...

HT Star Wars Luke for $65 more comes with a whole other figure and weather vain base. And comes from one of the most expensive IPs out there.

HT Supes is $25 less and comes with a far better (although simpler) base and spot-on likeness.

HT Avengers Fury comes with far more gear (including light-up Tesseract) for far less $$$.

HT IM MkII Unleashed is tons more intricate and lights up for far less $$$.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. As you can see, some are even from the same Marvel license and yet the pricing is that much different. :slap

This thread is about ending HT collecting more than this figure- actually BECAUSE of this figure!

I'm not planning on getting rid of these things. I'm just going to massively slow down my buying. I'll still get SS Star Wars, Big Chief Dr. Who, and some HT one-offs. But this fall/winter Hot Toys has gone CRAZY! I'm going along for the ride for Batman and Avengers, and then not hopping on their next crazy train.

Besides, what's the point of having so many of these things that I can't display them all? The day I have to start boxing up HT figures is the day I need to start selling - and I don't sell.

This is so true . I only have so much room in my display . I have every predator . The terminator collectibles exxxx I have no more room . I still have ghost rider and superman boxed up and brand new in the box . Never took them out because I have no place to put them .

Back