Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I love HT's obsession with Marvel. If they announce a Mark III 2.0, I'll be in paradise.

I love it too, although i dont care for another Mark 3 personally. After Hulk is done the only other character i pray for is

avengers_earths_mightiest_heroes_ultron.gif

I hope Ant-man delivers :pray:

That GIF actually shows off an issue with the HT paint, they made his gums pink/red and they're not supposed to be.

Small touch but I think it impacts how his portrait looks.

That GIF actually shows off an issue with the HT paint, they made his gums pink/red and they're not supposed to be.

Small touch but I think it impacts how his portrait looks.
Hulk-The-Avengers-movie-image.jpg

Dude, I bet you NEVER will see me complaining about a HT figure...

Untill this day, I just NEVER get disapointed with them...:yess:
If you keep rooting for Hulk to have rubber, you're gonna be disappointed.

I love HT too. I love that they always strive to out do themselves in that every head sculpt is better than the last. There's not much I can even say about the price as R&D and marketing are generally speaking, worth it. I love the detail, and that they're toys.

What I'm saying though is that I just don't get this single item. The sideshow PF is spot on and captures so much of the character - everything the HT's version doesn't.

From the anime hair to the eyes that are too close together, it just doesn't look like the character. It looks like a green dimwitted, muscle bound, homeless man singing a song through his teeth.

I guess the reason that I'm voicing this is utter disappointment. The movie was perfect, the character was exactly what I've always seem in my minds eye. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations for such a great character, but given sideshow's high bar, I know it can be done. I don't even care if there are visible ball joints, get the character right first them focus on the hella-ultra-awesome details.

The sideshow PF is spot on and captures so much of the character - everything the HT's version doesn't.
That SSC Hulk is the top Hulk right now. I don't even think HT is second. The GG Hulk bust (why a bust? :gah:) is in 2nd place I think.

sdcc2012_gg_34.jpg

Who knows, maybe some well lit pics of GG's Hulk might pop up & change my mind.

SSC's Hulk is 1/4 scale, however.
It'll look great posed with similarly scaled figures/statues, but not with HT's Avengers. :(

HA! I am going old-school mate, back in the days when they all had them! I am not mad-keen on all this ret-con'ing that just seems to happen when writers want to do something that will just flat-out contradict what had come before.

It seems like a cheap and easy fix for writers.

I don't believe it was Simonson who did the change, but his run (still the best run on Thor to this day IMO) came shortly after. If you can track down the collected edition get it. Hefty book, hefty price, but it comes with the Frog of Thunder story, so its worth it.

SSC's Hulk is 1/4 scale, however.
It'll look great posed with similarly scaled figures/statues, but not with HT's Avengers. :(

actually you can go for a movie-poster look where the characters arent in the same scale :D

plus the bigger the Hulk, the better :yess: :lol

JUST MADE ME REALIZE, WHERE THE HELL IS HT'S 1/4 Avengers LINE :panic:

They did a great job with the cgi on Hulk's face.:clap

I concur sir! :rock2

After putting up with Hasbro low-end junk for years, I'll never complain about HT either! Their products are the best out there and I'm grateful I broke down this year and starting buying them! :yess:

actually you can go for a movie-poster look where the characters arent in the same scale :D

plus the bigger the Hulk, the better :yess: :lol

JUST MADE ME REALIZE, WHERE THE HELL IS HT'S 1/4 Avengers LINE :panic:

:exactly: I also want a 1/4 scale HULK! :impatient:

Pics are up on Hot Toys Facebook. Looking like around, oh 15 points of articulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back