Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

Kinda like when you thought the DX Bespin Luke was going to be a $400 figure and I said $300? Yeah...;)

As for my list the only two things that are maybes are the rubble base and an extra headsculpt. The rest is pretty standard HT fair. Extra hands etc...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :wave

I really wouldn't expect this to be any cheaper than $350. If it comes in at $315 which is what Jake Sully came in at then thats awesome but since size wise I expect it to be Iron Monger size I would think that would be more the price.

Please no torso joint. That joint is hardly ever usable, and just makes the figure look bad.

image.jpg

hulk-smackdown-statue-1.png

I'd like to be able to get him poses like that without him looking stiff so I disagree. Torso joint PLEASE.

I really wouldn't expect this to be any cheaper than $350. If it comes in at $315 which is what Jake Sully came in at then thats awesome but since size wise I expect it to be Iron Monger size I would think that would be more the price.

Not exactly sure what the blind squirrel comment means really...but ok...

And you are right Jake Sully is $315 WITH a very elaborate headdress, light up base, weapons etc....at $315.

IRON MONGER on the other hand has a WHOLE lot more elaborate little intricate detailed machinery pieces. Lets face it, theres TON more to manufacturing Iron Monger than there is on HULK.

Theres no way in hell Hulk is coming in at $480.....

$315 for Hulk would be low end. $350 high end.

After a second viewing the figure in the backstage pic is too big. He needs to be slightly smaller.

Oh ____ I didnt even realize I wrote that. :lol

Haha, gotcha!

Totally agree on the price. This guy is gonna weigh about the same as 2 1/2 regular HT figs, so yeah he's going to be pricey. Still worth it though.

Not exactly sure what the blind squirrel comment means really...but ok...

And you are right Jake Sully is $315 WITH a very elaborate headdress, light up base, weapons etc....at $315.

IRON MONGER on the other hand has a WHOLE lot more elaborate little intricate detailed machinery pieces. Lets face it, theres TON more to manufacturing Iron Monger than there is on HULK.

Theres no way in hell Hulk is coming in at $480.....

$315 for Hulk would be low end. $350 high end.

It was a tongue in cheek way of saying you got one right and I was wrong.

Yes, he's $315 with a bit more going on than say the Avengers Cap but there is more going into The Hulk than Jake especially if we get some cool stuff with him.

Iron Monger is more detailed than either for sure. I've seen it in person at comic-con and its impressive but I think size wise it gives you a better look at what the price is most likely to be. What I'm saying I think The Hulk is more likely to be in the $400 range. He may not hit $480 but I think $315 is a pipe dream.

Haha, gotcha!

Totally agree on the price. This guy is gonna weigh about the same as 2 1/2 regular HT figs, so yeah he's going to be pricey. Still worth it though.

I agree he's gonna be exspensive. I think $350 at the very cheapest and more likely $400 (or $399.99).

Wait what?
The Hulk had chest hair?
I thought he was smooth as a babies behind?
Maybe I'm looking hard enough!
LOL.
Do you think he'll come with some sort of display base?
Maybe debris from the battle?

Don't know about his chest but he definately had hair on his arms and stubble on his face. It was failt, and visible only very briefly, but it was there. Wonder if that helped make him look less fake than in the past?

It was a tongue in cheek way of saying you got one right and I was wrong.

Yes, he's $315 with a bit more going on than say the Avengers Cap but there is more going into The Hulk than Jake especially if we get some cool stuff with him.

Iron Monger is more detailed than either for sure. I've seen it in person at comic-con and its impressive but I think size wise it gives you a better look at what the price is most likely to be. What I'm saying I think The Hulk is more likely to be in the $400 range. He may not hit $480 but I think $315 is a pipe dream.

I agree he's gonna be exspensive. I think $350 at the very cheapest and more likely $400 (or $399.99).

$400 would be the highest I would guess for his price though. Cause in all honestly we will probably just get HULK with pants and a few different swappable hands. Maybe an alien piece to hold or something silly like that. There really isnt much to HULK but HULK Body.

$315 would be where to start guessing based on Jake. If I felt comfortable with a price it would be in the mid $300 range somewhere.

$400 would be the highest I would guess for his price though. Cause in all honestly we will probably just get HULK with pants and a few different swappable hands. Maybe an alien piece to hold or something silly like that. There really isnt much to HULK but HULK Body.

$315 would be where to start guessing based on Jake. If I felt comfortable with a price it would be in the mid $300 range somewhere.

Yeah, but its a brand new stand alone one time use type body. In order to do that the price is gonna cost a bit more than say Jake which they can use for other Avatar figures if they really wanted. If it comes in at $315 that's great or even $350 but I'd just think with the prices we're seeing of the rest of the Avengers $400 is more likely.

Yeah, but its a brand new stand alone one time use type body. In order to do that the price is gonna cost a bit more than say Jake which they can use for other Avatar figures if they really wanted. If it comes in at $315 that's great or even $350 but I'd just think with the prices we're seeing of the rest of the Avengers $400 is more likely.

Well you know HT isnt going to only use this body once. Im sure will see exclusive Grey Bodied HULK or even a MILK Red Hulk down the road.

ANd of course theres future HULK (Ruffalo has signed on for solo HULK films) films

AND Avengers 2...3......etc.

:panic:

Well you know HT isnt going to only use this body once. Im sure will see exclusive Grey Bodied HULK or even a MILK Red Hulk down the road.

ANd of course theres future HULK (Ruffalo has signed on for solo HULK films) films

AND Avengers 2...3......etc.

:panic:

They can only do those if they actually have the license to do that though. So unless a movie gets made and they appear in it then those ideas are for not.

Of course it probably will be or an updated version when a Hulk movie hits but that movie is quite a ways off. Also the sequel to the Avengers is probably at the earliest going to arrive in 2015.

So for now those really shouldn't help lower the price.

Well if they ever put the Rulk on film... plus a certain um... villain.

No complaints outta me. Bigger Hulk the better. Lets hope HT dont pull a Berzerker Predator on us with this guy.

Plus we all know HT's going to charge whatever they're going to charge regardless of size. It's the Hulk, it's a long-awaited character, and it's big. How big is irrelevant (whether it's 16, 17, or 18 inches, they'll probably ask the same price they came up with from the get-go).

In other words: the bigger he is, the more bang you get for your buck.

And I think the Thor, unhelmeted Cap, and Fury sculpts are great. Even Hawkeye looks pretty good. I can certainly tell who they are and they're massive improvements since the previous versions. To each their own, I guess.

I really dug the way Hulk looked in the film. In the previous movies (however good TIH was), he looked... um, how do I put this... too white. Or too human, maybe? What I'm referring to is the facial structure.
In the comics, however, he has that massive upper lip and stony forehead that give him a very primal, apelike feel. They really nailed that in TA. And the CGI was miles better than it's ever been.

Regarding the price I think HT are in a dilemma as much as we are. They can price it relatively low and make more figures which in turn would reduce costs (economies of scale). Or they can charge more and cut through the budget of many collectors and produce less, increasing costs per figure. I think they will price it lower than we expect, maybe US$315 or around that mark. It is a highly requested figure and will, if priced correctly, sell more than most other avengers figures with the exception of Iron Man, and maybe Captain A.

To compare it to Iron Monger is not correct IMHO since the demand for each is quite different, specially after the Avengers Movie. I am most likely WRONG though, since logic doesn't always work with HT.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back