Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

622395_400396636688999_1123803951_o.jpg

599608_400396806688982_2113031080_n.jpg

549654_400397226688940_1425278448_n.jpg

He is the right size, he was just hunched over for most of the movie. It's a shame this figure can't do that.

It's beautifully done and the best they could do considering the joints, but I'll pass. HT's loss in this case will be SS' gain. Buying the maquette instead.

yeah maquette overall looks better

Yeah... As much as I was looking forward to this one, the reveal is a bit disappointing. He looks a little too "lean" for Avengers Hulk (too much muscle definition in the torso)...

EW-Avengers-cover-Hulk1.jpeg

...and the arms. If they are rubber as it seems they would have to be, the thickness might really hinder the movement. Plus there are the concerns with how long it will last. And if they hands do switch out, they won't be able to rotate without causing the "veiny" part of the wrist to not match up.

I was really hoping they would just deal with visible joint on this one. I think it works on a lot of the shirtless "muscular" figures (Whiplash, Bane) and would have worked just fine on Hulk.

Sallah

^ For comparison

Looks very good imo, but not as good as it could've been.

Abs are too toned, not enough darkness to the chest hair, the hair is abit odd and the expression isn't the best and the clavical area look too strained with all the veins stretched and popping out

Articulation look ____, looks like it can't decide between wanting to be a figure or statue :dunno

yeah maquette overall looks better

:exactly:

I really was looking forward to the release of this figure, and the lack of articulation has me speculating the whole thing now. To be honest I wouldn't mind having this figure with exposed joints if it meant I could get multiple hands and have his elbows bend.

ps nice pixelated sig. hahaha :hi5:

^ For comparison

Thanks Nova... I didn't have time to whip that up myself, but that was what I was trying to illustrate with the pic. Kudos!

Sallah

I think he will be somewhere around Avatar Jake Sully pricing. Not sure if I should get this or get the 1/4 version of it.

:exactly:

I really was looking forward to the release of this figure, and the lack of articulation has me speculating the whole thing now. To be honest I wouldn't mind having this figure with exposed joints if it meant I could get multiple hands and have his elbows bend.

I am right there with you. I wonder if they are too far along to switch to articulated arms over rubber? Or if they might have somehow worked a way to do switchable arms so folks could have it displayed whichever way they prefer?

Wishful thinking, I know. I have a feeling we are getting rubber arms and that is that. :(

Sallah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back