Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a rumor going around about an upcoming diecast mk7....soon. If so I'd be a bit surprised. I'd expect the mk4 or 6 first

There's a rumor going around about an upcoming diecast mk7....soon. If so I'd be a bit surprised. I'd expect the mk4 or 6 first
That would be cool if its true. My feeling is the next remake in diecast will be the Mark6, and my reasoning is that they are releasing War Machine Mark1 in diecast and it would make sense to follow up with a Mark6. Plus I really feel the Mark6 deserves a diecast remake sooner then later.
Again though, I am just speculating.

I'm definitely hoping a mk6 will be made first but if any other 1-7 armor is going to release before it (other than the 3 obviously), it'd have to be the mk7 in my book. Though I'm sure many would disagree in favor of the mk4.

I can see why they would do a mk7...there's a lot of reuse potential on it. I had heard the mk6/4 body was coming first but there's been some talk about the mk7 being done instead. The older armors could use a refresh more. The mk7 figure is one of the best figures they have done so far so I don't think it "needs" an update. But there are a lot of new people to the market that they could tap into. I'm still hoping the 4/6 (and the mk5) get done first...(mk6 is my favorite armor)

Oh, I definitely agree that a die-cast Mark7 would be a great seller, and very probable in the future. Hot Toys got so many figures out of that one mold. I am just figuring that the Mark6 is most likely the next suit they redo in die-cast, just based on the upcoming War Machine Mark1 die-cast.

That would seem to be the most logical thing to me. Give people the opportunity to display their diecast WM with a diecast Mk6. But maybe that's just being impatient lol.

The themed base for WM just begs for a MkVI. In some ways I'd take that suit over the MkVII. It represents two movies and more screen time than any other, and has the different reactor.

If they are doing this new Mk7 before the 4/6, could this be due to that opened up Mk7 from one of the last conventions (I think it was Toy Soul) and they are simpley re-using parts? Maybe that opened up Mk7 is also diecast.

The mk7 figure is one of the best figures they have done so far so I don't think it "needs" an update. But there are a lot of new people to the market that they could tap into. I'm still hoping the 4/6 (and the mk5) get done first...(mk6 is my favorite armor)

Agreed. I don't think I'd buy a DC 7 [because the one I have is just awesome], but I don't have a 6 so it would definitely be a must.

The plus side to a new diecast Mk VII would be two fold...
1)The people who didn't get one before will now have a chance to get one, and
2)The new figure will probably feature the corrected face mask with properly proportioned eye holes. This will also make more masks available on the secondary market when the inevitable parting out start.
Ryan

The last thing I need is a DC VII. I already have this guy (my first HT figure, actually) but I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to resist a superior version of one of my favourite armours. What would I do with two of the same armour?! :lol

The last thing I need is a DC VII. I already have this guy (my first HT figure, actually) but I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to resist a superior version of one of my favourite armours. What would I do with two of the same armour?! :lol

Well, there's no guarantee that if a DC VII is made, that it will come with battle damaged parts. You could display plastic as damaged and DC as new.
Ryan

Cel shaded anyone? :lol

SAM_0543.jpg

SAM_0549.jpg

SAM_0601.jpg

SAM_0598.jpg

SAM_0612.jpg

20160405_030636.jpg

This is a great effect with paint. It takes your eyes a bit to adjust and realize its not a cell drawing, but an actual figure.

Back