Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To any and all following this thread.
I have been working with a CG model make that has items available on Shapeways and has done some work for me in the past. I broached the subject of the MKVII deployment pod as a 1/6 accompanying piece, designed in 3d and possibly printed out via shapeways. His charge to make the file would likely be quite high as it's from scratch, plus reference is limited to screencaps and the one or two CG renders that made it out into the public domain.
Would anyone be interested in that? I am just guessing that the cost would be at least as much as a normal MMS figure at least. It would be a 3d printed item and would likely need painted.
Anyone into the idea of that?

It's a cool idea. But I would bet the cost will be a lot more then an mms. Probably more then hulkbuster for something like that. Depending on how it's done and the quality.

It's a cool idea. But I would bet the cost will be a lot more then an mms. Probably more then hulkbuster for something like that. Depending on how it's done and the quality.

Im thinking some thing along the lines of a 3D printed kit you buy from shapeways and paint yourself. Two hollow pieces, front and back, with a few options for the popped open parts. It's not going to be any longer than 6 inches based on the chest RT panel up front allowing for scaling.
I was just curious to see if anyone would be interested in such a thing.
Not taking orders, lol.

out of 4, 5, 6, and 7.. if i had to choose only one to get a diecast update, it'd be the 7. i really hope we get one at some point down the road. perhaps they'll revisit the rest of these once infinity wars are over, perhaps sooner.

out of 4, 5, 6, and 7.. if i had to choose only one to get a diecast update, it'd be the 7. i really hope we get one at some point down the road. perhaps they'll revisit the rest of these once infinity wars are over, perhaps sooner.

I wish that that for once they would get the paint right on just one. They have never gotten that slightly purplish hue that most of the marks have. The worst offender was the recent MKIII. The MKIII was never red, lol.

I wish that that for once they would get the paint right on just one. They have never gotten that slightly purplish hue that most of the marks have. The worst offender was the recent MKIII. The MKIII was never red, lol.

yeah, i went back and watched iron man 1 the other day, and you're absolutely right, the red on the diecast mark 3 is WAY off. all of the figures definitely seem to be a little off and a little too bright.

at this point though, i feel like they're just going to stick with what they've been doing. if they were going to change, you'd think they would've started with the 3.

i guess that might give them a reason later down the road to give us PMM figures.. "Perfect Movie Masterpiece" lol.

It was red. There is no purple at all on the practical suits. And the red of the figure matches some of the prac items.

image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

The updated diecast versions of the original seven will probably use the same shade of red, for continuity. The old Mark III used to stick out like a sore thumb in a hall of armour, with its maroonish colour.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hold on.. Did you search google for "iron man practical suit" and found the one blurry photo with a super bright like on the armor to try and support your argument?.. What about all of the other photos that don't support it? Or the marketing shot, the one they used in the movie, what about that one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs

Watch that.. Then look at how bright the 3 is.. It should be obvious.

Don't even bother man, you and I already clearly established in the HB thread that Motu has a a very tentative grasp on color theory. There are for sure hues of purple in the Mark 3 -- but Motu isn't one to let facts get in the way of his opinion. :rotfl

Don't even bother man, you and I already clearly established in the HB thread that Motu has a a very tentative grasp on color theory. There are for sure hues of purple in the Mark 3 -- but Motu isn't one to let facts get in the way of his opinion. :rotfl

True. I used have a similar problem, with takara's masterpiece transformers, defending them to no end. But at the end of the day, we're allowed to like something even if it has flaws. Hot toys isn't infallible, but that doesn't mean we don't like their figures right? Lol. And even if some of us do, that's fine as well.

I've found that it's easy to find one or two photos to prove an incorrect point.. But when the majority of the others prove the opposite to be true, I think it's time to rest the case.

As for the mark 3 color. Your point is hammered home when looking at the hall of armor suits.

Um... the Mark III was red at times. Sometimes it was a dark red, sometimes it was maroon. The color was all over the place in the movie.

If there's one thing HT collectors should know by now, it's that HT uses reference photos (provided by Marvel or whomever) to make their figures, not color-timed movie stills. If the reference photos show a bright red suit, then that's what we're getting. And most of the time, it'll match how the prop/suit looks in real life rather than how it looks in the final movie. Given that the diecast Mark III came out so late after the movie was released, it's confusing that the colors don't match, but it is what it is. Still, I wouldn't have minded if the figure were a slightly darker shade of red.

even in that video, it still has a bit of maroon in it, especially when you pause it and compare it to the diecast mark 3.

i've read and heard several times that red tends to be the most difficult color to film, so, it doesn't really bother me. but it's just something to be pointed out.

i think a perfect compromise would've been half way between the original mark 3 and the diecast version.

also.. i want to point out that i'm not saying that the armor isn't red.. just that the movie armor has a little purplish-maroonish hue to it.

Back