Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are deals to be had on the Mark 7. My finger was hovering over the BIN at $260 shipped. I'm just so deep in debt after placing a huge order with Lager toys. Keep your eyes peeled, people are selling him now in anticipation of the new Iron Men coming out. I've also seen some kick ass deals on Avengers Captain America lately as well.

I'll keep an eye out. Today I bought the Captain America two pack at a convention. Really like both the Cap and the Steve Rogers figures. Now I am debating about getting a Tony Stark figure. :panic: I am limiting myself to just one figure of each character.

They had one of these on eBay a few days ago for $260 shipped, only problem with it was a tear on the outter sleeve of the box. If I didn't already have 3 of these I would have bit. That was a great deal.

Not sure that's what it actually sold for? I've been watching for one and cheapest I've seen the complete set is $300...

Also if u search for sold listings... $300+ is cheapest its shown for past few months.

Just had a quick question for anyone who has this figure, do you find it to be a little fragile?

I recently bought the Avengers Iron Man figure and the little piece that clips on the back of his foot came off and I can't for the life of me get it back on :(

I've also found the pieces that sit on top of the shoulder don't seem very stable (not sure if they are meant to be that way). Would appreciate any insight from someone that has this figure.

You have to be careful with these things. Really careful.

Agreed, they are plastic after all. Even the diecast figures aren't completely fool proof.

As far as the top shoulder pieces, are you talking about the missile pods (closed and open) or the plastic pieces that replace the pods when you're not using them? I guess it doesn't matter really because I've got Mk. VII, Mk. VII battle damaged version, Midas and Python. The only one that doesn't come with interchangeable shoulder pods is the BD Mk. VII but the other 3 do. Each figure, I've had zero problems getting the shoulder armament to stay on. There is a certain way you want to insert the pegs into the shoulder though. It is almost counter intuitive because you need to hold the pods at an angle and push the pegs straight down vertically.

As far as the clips on the backs of his feet coming off, are you talking about the small flaps that just allow the feet to move into position? If that's the case, gooooood luck. Those aren't meant to come off as far as I can tell (as I'm looking at my regular Mk. VII right now) and just are there to allow for some minimal movement to position the feet.

I know the shoulder pads (right at the top of the arm, not the pieces that go over the shoulder from front to back) come off pretty easily when posing him and moving his arms, but they pop right back into place with no issue.

Never had the feet backs come off though.

I know the shoulder pads (right at the top of the arm, not the pieces that go over the shoulder from front to back) come off pretty easily when posing him and moving his arms, but they pop right back into place with no issue.

Never had the feet backs come off though.

Depends. Mine popped off with the spring. It was a PITA to put back together. I had to use some hot water to remove the glue that holds the bracket for the pin to make it easier to reinstall. Didn't bother gluing the bracket back in case it happens again.

Depends. Mine popped off with the spring. It was a PITA to put back together. I had to use some hot water to remove the glue that holds the bracket for the pin to make it easier to reinstall. Didn't bother gluing the bracket back in case it happens again.

This is the piece that has come off. I have tried to push it back in, but given how fragile the piece is I'm not doing it with much force for fear of breaking it.

Ironman_foot.jpg

To me, the Mark VII is not truly complete without the new faceplate from the accessory set.

Totally agree. I just grabbed the new workshop accessories faceplate / head from eBay. it was annoying me that my Mark 7 had those big goofy eyes, and that I knew there was something better! looking forward to finally finishing my mark 7

Yeah I would of rather had a helmeted Tony sculpt than the crappy full Tony sculpt we got with the VII.

It seems like keeping the figure in the box is a good way of getting pink panty syndrome. Now my figure has always been displayed in a glass case on the shelf, however I kept the articulated hands installed. Both of my repulsor hands have been kept in the box for several months and both have started to turn pink. Since those hands appear to be made of the same material as the panties, my guess is that if I kept the figure in the box, it would have suffered the same fate.

Any photos of the hands?

I know on my MK VII the fists and the repulsor hands were a different shade to begin with and look slightly pinkish compared to the solid plastic ones.

I'll try to take photos tomorrow. I remember that these hands weren't that different to the other supplied hands when I first got them (I'm pretty particular on the paint apps of these kinds of things). They look like the shade the pink panties have posted on the Mk VI thread.

Back