Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my Mark VII arrived. It certainly has presence...haven't spent too much time with it yet but I think I'll be very happy with it.

I feel as if the arms and head could be a touch larger for the "guy-in-a-suit" look, but overall it's a fine action figure and has a mechanical bulk overall I'm happy with.

The head sculpt will stay in the box; may find a different one on Evilbay.

All I'd consider now is Amazing Spider-Man 2 and some kit-bashed Hand Ninja, and I'm good for Marvel.

Workshop Accessories Kit faceplate swap, yes?

(And daaaamn those lights are bright!)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420383707.783621.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420383719.700923.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420383733.185713.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420383747.503108.jpg

loo Tony looks deranged

avengers-tony-stark-drinky.jpg

Everybody hates this head sculpt, but I honestly don't think it's that bad.

Then again, I don't think any of HT's RDJ sculpts have quite nailed it like they did with Christopher Reeves, Johnny Depp, etc. Not even that new Arc Reactor Creation version has it quite right. I'd go as far as to say the old, old mech test version might be the closest they've ever come.

The Mk VII was always my least favourite Iron Man design by far, but for some reason it's suddenly growing on me. I think it's the insect-like quadruple air brakes.

Thing is, I don't much fancy paying £200+ for one now, then a further £75+ for the workshop accessory set with the corrected head :dunno

The Mk VII was always my least favourite Iron Man design by far, but for some reason it's suddenly growing on me. I think it's the insect-like quadruple air brakes.

I always hate seeing people post flying poses with all those air brakes open. Those only open for manoeuvres and to create drag. He could fly with them all open, lol.
Also, you can get the workshop helmet separate.
I'm guessing with your quoting if prices in £'s that you are in the UK?

View attachment 156139

Everybody hates this head sculpt, but I honestly don't think it's that bad.

Then again, I don't think any of HT's RDJ sculpts have quite nailed it like they did with Christopher Reeves, Johnny Depp, etc. Not even that new Arc Reactor Creation version has it quite right. I'd go as far as to say the old, old mech test version might be the closest they've ever come.
I don't really get the hate on this head sculpt either, I see RDJ in it, though after getting other Hot Toys I do see some flaws in it. The expression is a little odd given that he became pretty serious while in the suit, it would have fit the Mark IV more due to how much he screwed around in it.

Also I think Username is right, the eyes do look odd.

Swapped out the faceplate and used the MMS191 HS + Cap neck post on my Mk7, I'm now happy with this figure :yess:

20150104_122309_7_bestshot.jpg

Back