Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone's panties turned pink or did HT fixed that for this figure? Was wondering if it's something I should worry about. I haven't seen any pics of the Mark VII with fading undies. It seems the Mark III, IV, and VI are the only ones more prone to the problem.

Has anyone's panties turned pink or did HT fixed that for this figure? Was wondering if it's something I should worry about. I haven't seen any pics of the Mark VII with fading undies. It seems the Mark III, IV, and VI are the only ones more prone to the problem.
Mine hasnt, and neither has my MKVI.

Hey guys ,anyone knows what are the differences between 2nd Production and 3rd Production for Mark 7? Or they are just the same.

Thanks in advance guys, I'm planning to buy one.

Question for aficionados: in terms of articulation and overall proportions, if I get just one IM suit...Mark IV or Mark VII?

I'm partial to those two looks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for aficionados: in terms of articulation and overall proportions, if I get just one IM suit...Mark IV or Mark VII?

I have both. I think the iv has better proportions, looks a little bulkier than the vii. But IMO the vii is the better suit. Better looking, more display options with the battle damaged pieces, less chance of fading torso

Hey guys ,anyone knows what are the differences between 2nd Production and 3rd Production for Mark 7? Or they are just the same.

Thanks in advance guys, I'm planning to buy one.

There's no difference. Only versions would be the exclusive and normal. You get the mini hologram Mk VII with the exclusive.

I would go with the MK 7, it is cheaper to get than the Mk 4 now, plus you get extra battle damage parts, interchangeable armor parts, the better repulsor hands, and I don't think it has paint fading issues with the rubber like the Mk 4. Downside is it has probably the worst Tony Stark HS and the eyes on the mask are a little too big.

Depends.

Do you want a set that comes with a good Stark sculpt? If so, get the 4.

If you want a set that comes with a ton of swap out BD parts and a crappy Stark sculpt you'll probably never use, get the 7.

I used to own both, and I would say go with VII. Like others have said, it has more display options and a lesser chance of fading. And this might just be me, but the VII just seemed overall more sturdy and well put together than the IV.

(For ZE_501, because I forgot to quote your original post) I've owned the mark VI, which is essentially the same sculpt as the mark IV. I own the Mark VII now, and I think I like it better. If articulation is one of your chief concerns, then I'd go with the Mark VII as it comes with the upturned repulsor hands that would help facilitate better poses. I think the proportions were perhaps slightly better on the Mark IV, but that could be me misremembering things.

Depends.

Do you want a set that comes with a good Stark sculpt? If so, get the 4.

If you want a set that comes with a ton of swap out BD parts and a crappy Stark sculpt you'll probably never use, get the 7.

Lol. I couldn't offload a MKIV Stark head for love nor money. I'd gladly swap it for the MKVII smirking sculpt, but with the Armour Test head out there, no-one wants the MKIV head now.

I have both. I think the iv has better proportions, looks a little bulkier than the vii. But IMO the vii is the better suit. Better looking, more display options with the battle damaged pieces, less chance of fading torso

While I prefer the bulk (given that it's supposed to be an exoskeleton) I probably wouldn't use much of the battle damage pieces, but less chance of fading is important. I'd like to avoid that if I can, although it can be dealt with.

[...] go with the MK 7, [...] the better repulsor hands, [...] Downside is it has probably the worst Tony Stark HS and the eyes on the mask are a little too big.

Well...the hands help sell it and I can always get a custom or aftermarket mask & head sculpt, although that'll likely cost me.

[...] Do you want a set that comes with a good Stark sculpt? If so, get the 4.

Agreed on the BD parts not getting a lot of use, as for Stark sculpt, see above.

[...]but the VII just seemed overall more sturdy and well put together than the IV.

Also a strong selling point.

[...]own the Mark VII now, and I think I like it better. If articulation is one of your chief concerns, then I'd go with the Mark VII as it comes with the upturned repulsor hands that would help facilitate better poses. I think the proportions were perhaps slightly better on the Mark IV, but that could be me misremembering things.

Articulation is a concern. From photos it looks like there's a little more bulk to the IV, but I want to get the most expressive piece with good build quality and paint...I guess the Mark VII wins by a hair.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I was leaning towards the VII and once in-hand I'll look for solutions for the face plate and maybe a replacement Stark sculpt.

Mark IV all the way. Streamlined suit... no inflated chest or shoulder pads like on the VII. Classic colours... no fussy silver bits. Better helmet... no massive 'toy' eyes or gaping mouth slit. Better head sculpt... obviously.

It lacks BD pieces if that's your thing... but otherwise I believe it is much better personally.

The new accessory helmet fixes the eyes. The VII is an overall better figure than the IV(I've owned both).

The new accessory helmet fixes the eyes. The VII is an overall better figure than the IV(I've owned both).

[...]

Which new accessory helmet is that? In response to the votes for the Mark IV...I really like that version for all the same reasons, but I think the VII is the better choice for me, so now I have to figure out how to mod/accessorize it.

Which new accessory helmet is that? In response to the votes for the Mark IV...I really like that version for all the same reasons, but I think the VII is the better choice for me, so now I have to figure out how to mod/accessorize it.

From this set (I presume):....
HT+ACS002+Workshop+Accessories+Collectibles+Set.jpg

Back