Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty neat Bar. :clap

It looks like you have a custom faceplate as well.
Thanks. The beauty of it is that you can mask the chest RT to be any shape at all.
The faceplate was my own crummy version before Andrew made his available. Now my IV, VI and VII all wear HologramAI faceplates.
With the announcement of the Diecast MKIII, I am torn between selling my MKIIIs or dremelling them apart to be attached to Tony in the gantry.

DSC09460.JPG

New head on the right. Hot Toys should give every Mark VII buyer one of the new accessory kit helmets for free, along with an apology letter.

DSC09462.JPG

Man that really is a much better helmet! I need to find one of those...

Did you buy the entire set? How much did it end up costing you?

Man that really is a much better helmet! I need to find one of those...

Did you buy the entire set? How much did it end up costing you?
Sorry, not mine. Pics are from One Sixth Republic; he's got the accessory pack and that Python suit.

I was never interested in the Mark VII; Hot Toys seemed to have modeled it after the kids' helmets:

517glvYnyBL.jpg

****! was trying to talk/settle with the seller because of the issues I had with Mk VII and eGay went ahead and issued a full ****ing refund? what the **** I'm gonna do now? I dont want to send it back.

Is anyone still making the custom face plates with the slimmer eye holes?
Yes. I think there's an interest thread. Don't know if is still active. You can search also in Facebook for Toyzstudio HK. They have some iron man custom parts, including mark vii helmet or faceplate. Take a look.
I have ordered one and I'm to receive it but appears to have good quality

****! was trying to talk/settle with the seller because of the issues I had with Mk VII and eGay went ahead and issued a full ****ing refund? what the **** I'm gonna do now? I dont want to send it back.

He refunded you before you even agreed to send it back? id keep it and your money, his stupidity

Also saying EGay isnt really appropriate, kind of offensive

Well, my improved MKVII helmet from the Workshop Accessories kit arrived from Ebay!

Just to answer any potential questions:

1. The difference is HUGE. The WA helmet is much more accurate and is the same shade of red/gold as the suit. The eye design is slightly different from MKVI.
2. The helmet has its own light source and switch just like the original helmet.
3. You CANNOT do the full head-lift as with the original. The new helmet is a different mold altogether.
4. The faceplate comes off and IS compatible with other MKVII helmets- meaning you can put it with the BD MKVII RDJ helmet and any custom helmet as long as it's based off of the MKVII.
5. The helmet, although being a different mold, fits perfectly onto any of the suits' neck joints. You can put it on any HT IM.
6. The faceplate has internal detail and the magnets are sturdier than the original.

All in all - well worth it if you can find one. A complete upgrade. Anyone want comparison pictures?

5. The helmet, although being a different mold, fits perfectly onto any of the suits' neck joints. You can put it on any HT IM.

Thanks for the details. I presume you haven't tried it on a MK IV neck post which has a bigger ball and socket.

I'm wondering if it's possible to enlarge (Dremel) the socket in the WA helmet to fit the MK IV post. But maybe this will hit the internal battery/LED.

Any way too tell from looking at yours? Is the neck socket removable?

Thanks for the details. I presume you haven't tried it on a MK IV neck post which has a bigger ball and socket.

I'm wondering if it's possible to enlarge (Dremel) the socket in the WA helmet to fit the MK IV post. But maybe this will hit the internal battery/LED.

Any way too tell from looking at yours? Is the neck socket removable?

I'm not entirely sure. I'm no modder. The socket is the same design as the original helmet and the light and battery placement is also the same. I don't know if that helps.

Back