Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyway Hockey is much better t09035.gif

Futbol internationale is the most corrupt sport in the world and the cheapest to play. You need a ball and a dirt or grass field. That is why it is the most popular. Period.
:bouncin

Anyone wants to argue I cite this below. Which is a fantastic read bt dubs

https://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11036214/while-world-watched-world-cup-brings-back-memories-argentina-dirty-war

I totally agree with that, but...

As much as I dislike soccer or... fUtbol :lol I think its out of place to use that dark part of Argentina's history to explain why running around and kicking a ball sucks, imho, I have an Argentinian friend and I know a little bit about what happened there during those years.. it was ugly

You should read that article, it is amazing what that government did. I believe they won the cup in 1986 again and you would never have known they won that '78 title. The 1986 banners are still found all over the city without any show of the '78.

I got this in today (awesome figure! He's sitting here right next and I love it! The different armour options this figure allows is amazing.) but the stand is kind of annoying. Iron Man's crotch area is too big for the stand to properly grip it and I'm a bit nervous he might topple over. Can I bend the stand forward to help it fit better or will I break it?

I got this in today (awesome figure! He's sitting here right next and I love it! The different armour options this figure allows is amazing.) but the stand is kind of annoying. Iron Man's crotch area is too big for the stand to properly grip it and I'm a bit nervous he might topple over. Can I bend the stand forward to help it fit better or will I break it?

Put a small blob of blu tack under each foot.

Ah, okay wasn't sure if blue tack would damage the paint job or not. Thanks.

No. It won't damage the paint. All my HT figures have a blob under each foot to hold them to the base. The simplicity of this is that you just put a blob under each foot, push it down a little, and let gravity do the rest. Within a few days, the blob will be flat and spread out(So just use a tiny blob, or it will be pushed out from under the foot).
With IM figures, put the blob under the heel or the tip of the foot. If you put it into the middle, it can be pushed up into the toe articulation. It's not a problem to get it out again if you are re-posing, but putting the blob away from there solves it by not causing it to begin with.

No. It won't damage the paint. All my HT figures have a blob under each foot to hold them to the base. The simplicity of this is that you just put a blob under each foot, push it down a little, and let gravity do the rest. Within a few days, the blob will be flat and spread out(So just use a tiny blob, or it will be pushed out from under the foot).
With IM figures, put the blob under the heel or the tip of the foot. If you put it into the middle, it can be pushed up into the toe articulation. It's not a problem to get it out again if you are re-posing, but putting the blob away from there solves it by not causing it to begin with.

:lecture:goodpost: Nice tip Username.....super helpful as always :hi5:

as everyone's buzzing about the con, no-one's probably gonna even catch this post, but here it goes.

just got this guy (used)... wednesday I think? have to say at first I wasn't all that impressed? somehow it just didn't feel as sturdy as the warmachine (v.1), I remember being far more impressed with that release back in the day. but after this one took a couple of dives to the floor (by itself) and didn't brake, it had won me over ;) ha ha. but joking aside, it kinda grew on me and I have to say that now it's somehow my favourite at the moment... weird?

one question though, how the **** do you pose these things? there's all these tiny little edges on the armour that are seriously in the way of any posing. had forgotten about this, as it's basicly the same issue I initially had w/ warmachine. just seems really hard to find a good pose. how on earth do people do it?
any opinions here, is the articulation/posing better in the DIE-CAST versions?

couple of things bothering me with the overall design is the seemingly slim waist, especially from the side. for accurasy's sake I feel it should be a little chunkier and the HT helmets seem a tad small too IMO.

but the one thing I'm really pissed-off is that the previous owner decided it was cool to remove the magnets from the faceplates? I mean what the ****, man? I know there's been some rust-issues with some figures in the past, but where the **** would I get replacement magnets to these things? these magnets are of a very specific size? any ideas you guys???
thinking about getting a partial refund or something as this was not mentioned in the auction. there's also issues with the arms... the rubber joint? or whatever you would call it... there's a significant dent on it and I think it's even puctured beneath the dent. + the rubber feels all gooey and stuff. no mention of this in the auction either.
is there a cood replacement for these rubber parts? or has anyone even tried to take the arms apart??? can it be done the same as a TTM? just wondering what my options are here...

anyhow... after all this whining in this post... overall I think it's a pretty (in lack of a better word) remarkable figure.
glad I eventually decided to get it. just kinda bummed-out there's bound to be a DIE-CAST update at somepoint. I hope I can resist it, but iron man kinda should be made of iron ;) shouldn't it?

That smirking headsculpt gives me nightmares

Bizarrely, it's the hair and the "smaller than they should be" irises that lets the headsculpt down.
I was asked by a member here to take that head and fit it in a helmet. I had to remove almost all the hair and it has a LOT of RDJ likeness without that crazy hairstyle.
And it looks great.
I was asked by the member not to post pics of the work as he didn't want anyone copying it, but i always keep meaning to get that headsculpt and do it again.

Back