Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I soooooooooooooo knew that you weren't going to limit yourself to 1!

I was just planning ahead.
If it has a really great headsculpt, i might want more than one.
And i will still be able to part the rest of the figure out for more than the cost of one figure if i do decide to just keep the heads.
Just a thought.
I'll likely only open one and sit on the rest for a bit.

BBTS has one in stock for $350. Kind of sucks that they mark it up that much. They must have someone watching eBay and adjusting their prices

how many people actually have leaking batteries? we know it 'can' happen but how often does it really happen? i've seen a handful of people say it did. someone should have a poll.

One of the batteries in Fury's Tesseract suitcase leaked.

On the subject of leaked batteries: Can empty or frequently used batteries still leak? I use the lights once in a while, too often to bother taking the batteries out, but it may still be quite a while before I replace them with new ones..

On the subject of leaked batteries: Can empty or frequently used batteries still leak? I use the lights once in a while, too often to bother taking the batteries out, but it may still be quite a while before I replace them with new ones..

Yes, this happened to my HT Predators, the batteries didn't just leak, they exploded and dried causing green and white flakes to erupt out the battery chamber. I have removed all batteries from all my figures and put them in small zip lock bags

from what i gather, it's a crap shoot.

i have had exploding AA batteries in a PF sideshow statue once. came that way from the factory. cleaned them up with some baking soda and water and q-tip. then conditioned the battery connectors and plastic with a very small bit of Vaseline. looked better than new and this also prevents future oxidation.

Unpopular opinion - The Señor Stark head that comes with the MK VII actually looks pretty good in hand. The paint application is great and it actually looks like RDJ. After opening up the box I was really surprised how good it looks in-hand. I'm sure there are better RDJ Tony Stark sculpts from Hot Toys but with this being my first Iron Man figure I really like it.

Just because a very vocal minority loudly proclaim their dislike for the sculpt it does not mean the majority of people don't think its spot on. Anyone who does not see RDJ in his sculpt has a problem that HT cannot solve.

Not even close.. Antonio Starko looks better than the mk iv sculpt.

Mech test #1 is the best likeness released followed by the mark 1 2.0. I agree with Barry, the Mech Test #2 potentially has the best sculpt. Unlike him, I only have two on order.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Mark1 2.0, that sculpt is excellent!

I really don't mind the Mark VII sculpt, it looks great on my Black Sabbath Tony. In my opinion anyways.

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

both sculpts are just as bad...just on different ends of the scale.

the one thing the MK VII sculpt has going for it is a better finish and lines making it look less doll head like and "more" natural. then again i never really liked the MK IV, it was just the best of the worst and i became accustom to it

BBTS has one in stock for $350. Kind of sucks that they mark it up that much. They must have someone watching eBay and adjusting their prices

Going on to $400 now........this figure has to be one of the fastest price rises on the secondary market HT has ever done....:dunno

I really wish I would have found out about this hobby much sooner. If anyone has an extra or has a WL convert please PM me. I'd love to add this remarkable piece to my collection.

Thanks!

Going on to $400 now........this figure has to be one of the fastest price rises on the secondary market HT has ever done....:dunno

a lot of people are kicking themselves wishing they got an order in. especially after all the positive feedback collectors have given.

What I don't get is if Hot Toys did such a fantastic job at capturing Stark's likeness with the Mark IV headsculpt why didn't they just improve upon it instead of making the Mark VII one?

That's cool if you like it, it's your money and that's all that matters. I can't argue the paint app on the sculpt, it's fantastic in that department. Likeness wise, it isn't as good as the Mark IV but it smashes the horrible Mark III out of the water :)

IMO the Mark VII HS is good, but Tony's hair and facial hair should have been much darker. I honestly feel that is the problem with the HS...not the eyes.

#justsayin

Unpopular opinion - The Señor Stark head that comes with the MK VII actually looks pretty good in hand. The paint application is great and it actually looks like RDJ. After opening up the box I was really surprised how good it looks in-hand. I'm sure there are better RDJ Tony Stark sculpts from Hot Toys but with this being my first Iron Man figure I really like it.

IMO the Mark VII HS is good, but Tony's hair and facial hair should have been much darker. I honestly feel that is the problem with the HS...not the eyes.

#justsayin

Back