Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very glad I took a chance with drakeship ended up paying around $260 for this shipped and I ordered very late in the game Probably around july. Got my shipping notice yesterday

okay, gang. let's see how this goes.

i have a decent, though non-completist, hot toys collection. avengers-wise, i have a few from the first iron man, a few from captain america, and everyone from avengers (except loki) so far.

the only red/gold iron man i currently have is the Mark iii. figured he'd stay with the other first movie figures, and i'd get the mark vii for the avengers collection.

knowing hulk is just around the corner, i'm thinking of finances. i think i'm mostly looking for positive reinforcement here, but...

any convincing arguments for keeping my mark vii pre-order? i'm wondering if i should just move mark iii up to the avengers roster and canceling my pre-order.

i know that's just crazy talk. but wanted to hear some strong encouragement.
My vote goes to mark Vii :monkey3
picture.php

Mine is due to arrive on Friday , now to just wait on the other guy and the long wait for my avenger's will be complete.

then the wait for Mk 42 Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion starts

HT cut allocations here and there.... and yet made thousands of BD Mk. 7 and Midas for the toy-fairs... what a way to pissed off retailers and customers.

Or it might be HT way of prolonging a steady stream of Mk. 7 demand

Well not only is it $10 but apparently it also takes an extra 2-3 business days to ship.:dunno

I had Coulson on flexpay, made my last payment early on Friday and requested packout.
When I didn't see a notification on Tuesday I asked when it would be shipping and they said in the next 2-3 business days because I requested a pack out option. Not complaining, just didn't realize it took extra time to ship?

My order with BBTS was on August 16th, and I haven't received an email yet, so I'm probably in the second batch, which is fine by me. I've ordered 9 Hot Toys and countless other figs from BBTS and they always do a great job with packing everything.

Paying extra and having to wait 3 extra days too? I did not know this! :gah:

Awesome pics from the Action Figure Fury website
3e9ydedu.jpg
revajapy.jpg
a9ydaju2.jpg
y9ygypa3.jpg
avegu3a3.jpg

Sweet pics!
:hi5:

okay, gang. let's see how this goes.

i have a decent, though non-completist, hot toys collection. avengers-wise, i have a few from the first iron man, a few from captain america, and everyone from avengers (except loki) so far.

the only red/gold iron man i currently have is the Mark iii. figured he'd stay with the other first movie figures, and i'd get the mark vii for the avengers collection.

knowing hulk is just around the corner, i'm thinking of finances. i think i'm mostly looking for positive reinforcement here, but...

any convincing arguments for keeping my mark vii pre-order? i'm wondering if i should just move mark iii up to the avengers roster and canceling my pre-order.

i know that's just crazy talk. but wanted to hear some strong encouragement.

My vote also goes to the MKVII. Its simply an awesome toy! :wink1:

y8eze4y2.jpg
mysatahu.jpg
5ynagyne.jpg

Some more pics courtesy of Action Figure Fury. These pics are truly the best I've seen. Go to their website and you will get the HD versions. They make a badass wallpaper ;)

yvera4ap.jpg

Any one else think the stark head is really small? I just happen to be looking over at mine today next to bruce wayne and the mk 4 sculpt and is seems a tad tiny, anyone else?

It looks fine to me, in hand.
That is to say: the head seems correctly sized, albeit looking very little like RDJ.

Outstanding job man. I swear you've converted me. I really never cared for the triangular RT, but that does it. Very, very nice.

Thanks. It looks good in person.

It looks fine to me, in hand.
That is to say: the head seems correctly sized, albeit looking very little like RDJ.

Thanks. It looks good in person.

Yeah im not seeing RDJ either, still cool I guess, did youu compare it with another figure head? just curious, I may be going nuts too

Yeah im not seeing RDJ either, still cool I guess, did youu compare it with another figure head? just curious, I may be going nuts too

You are correct.
It *is* smaller.
Not by a lot, but enough that it does seem smaller. It looks fine on the MKVII on it's own.
But next to another RDJ sculpt, it is smaller. I think it may be that the MKIV/MKVI RDJ sculpt might be "too tall" from hair to chin. Here are pics, i'll let others draw conclusions:

SAM_0426.jpg

SAM_0427.jpg

You are correct.
It *is* smaller.
Not by a lot, but enough that it does seem smaller. It looks fine on the MKVII on it's own.
But next to another RDJ sculpt, it is smaller. I think it may be that the MKIV/MKVI RDJ sculpt might be "too tall" from hair to chin. Here are pics, i'll let others draw conclusions:

SAM_0426.jpg

SAM_0427.jpg

Awesome comparison pics, I see what you mean by the length of the face

Awesome comparison pics, I see what you mean by the length of the face

The bizarre thing i have seen after comparing them, is that after seeing the MKVII head which *on the face of it*(No pun intended), looks very little like RDJ, there are slight similarities that they got right on it, that they haven't on the other one, and after seeing them together, it makes me think the MKIV head is looking more and more like Eric Balfour than Tony Stark...

Eric-Balfour-585042-1-402.jpg

i think it is what it is and the quality of the sculpt is definitely opinion driven.

one man's trash is another man's RDJ sculpt.

Back