Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered the Mark VII on SSC. My first HT Figure and I'm nothing less than excited. I just wish I got into this sooner before all this market price raise as well as get some of the other suits before they became so overpriced.

I ordered last night at around 10:30PM and I still haven't gotten any sight of the deposit in my bank account. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to take away the $25? I ordered it via FlexPay

I went ahead and ordered the Mark VII on SSC. My first HT Figure and I'm nothing less than excited. I just wish I got into this sooner before all this market price raise as well as get some of the other suits before they became so overpriced.

I ordered last night at around 10:30PM and I still haven't gotten any sight of the deposit in my bank account. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to take away the $25? I ordered it via FlexPay

24-48 hours after you place the order.

Dont worry, they are remaking all of the suits with die casts. If anything, you should be glad, I'd cancel that plastic mark VII and wait for the die cast version if I were you.

The only reason I'm fine with the plastic versions is that I'm a college student. This is simply a hobby I'm wanting to get into with the Iron Man franchise. Paying close to $300 a figure is more than enough.

I'm guessing the die cast versions will go for $300+ each figure to simply have the same figure but with metal parts.

I don't know. For now, I'm fine with getting my first HT figure as the plastic one. If they release the old ones and they come out great in a reasonable price, I'll gladly buy them and maybe sell this one to get the diecast one.

But knowing HT and their never ending price raise I can't imagine the diecast being any cheaper than $350 each.

The die cast versions are gonna be super expensive, and probly wont look much better. I couldnt really care less what these figures are made out of as long as they look realistic. I will be interested to see how the diecasts come out, but probly not something i will buy.

Exactly, these figures are at a high price as it is, I can't imagine what HT will be pricing the die cast versions. IMO these look amazing as they are.

But don't you get hit in the ***** with customs fees?

Yes I do, But I'd get that any way regardless of where I ordered it from. There has been a real step-up in import duty/VAT diligence over here in the UK so that I cannot even buy a Bluray from AMAZON US anymore without getting hit by customs charges, so to me that's just par for the course.

Plus I was just told by my bank yesterday that I get charged an additional £1 every time I use IT for international payments (like FLEXPAY!).

But I see these more as general running costs which would apply to whatever I buy internationally, rather than the cost of the figure.

Last edited:
I feel lucky that in the US for the most part consumer purchases don't have any customs fees.

I feel lucky that in the US for the most part consumer purchases don't have any customs fees.
Online shopping wouldn't be such a huge thing then. The main benefit for me is the fact that pretty much everything you can find in a local store, you can find for cheaper online. If there were customs in the US I think people would just resort back to buying things in person.

Online shopping wouldn't be such a huge thing then. The main benefit for me is the fact that pretty much everything you can find in a local store, you can find for cheaper online. If there were customs in the US I think people would just resort back to buying things in person.

Nope let's put It like this. I have not seen a comic book on the stand sting over 15 years. I also have my ups/FedEx come here 5 day's a week. So far I got 6 blu rays from amazon. Only one can be bought around here.

Do I buy online being I can get what I wish.

Yeah, when buying from Sideshow you're paying for Sideshow to be a business. That's not the same as direct consumer customs fees. If you buy from HK yourself in the US you don't pay any customs on it.

I buy a lot of ThreeA stuff which ships usually from HK or Singapore and it would suck to have to pay additional customs fees on the stuff as I know a lot of people in other countries have to.

Just PO'd on SSC.... This is my favorite version suit and I'm not a fan of the suit in the upcoming Iron Man 3... I also have a 1/4 scale Dark knight on order and these will be my first HT figures so I'm pretty psyched.. This is expected to ship out in March and the 1/4 Dark Knight is set for May delivery...

Back