Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Is that not the articulation hiding one of the ab sections?

Wow, looks like they royally messed up the upper torso/neck area. Not a deal breaker, but I'm going to post about that one Facebook hardcore!

Wow, looks like they royally messed up the upper torso/neck area. Not a deal breaker, but I'm going to post about that one Facebook hardcore!

That's definitely not the final look of this figure.
But would be such a royal f____ up if so. :lol

That's definitely not the final look of this figure.
But would be such a royal f____ up if so. :lol

What's worse is, like someone mentioned, they had it right in the preview sculpt. This just makes no sense. It's like they said "let's just ____ this up, then fix it on a BD version. They won't be able to combine parts, but it'll be just enough to sell all of them another Iron Man". HONESTLY, as an trained artist myself, it's really not that hard to get details like that right. It's so obvious it's funny.

Maybe they misplaced the chest armor thus making the collar bigger and the ab shorter?

Fix the top of the chest/collar and give me palm out repulsor pose, and I'll be placing a deposit Hot Toys!

Bare in mind that these are prototypes that have travelled over seas and then been placed in a display case in a rush, it looks to me that the chest piece has just slipped down, no reason to worry yet.

I remember the IM2 figures from a few years ago that were held together with blu-tack.

Bare in mind that these are prototypes that have travelled over seas and then been placed in a display case in a rush, it looks to me that the chest piece has just slipped down, no reason to worry yet.

I remember the IM2 figures from a few years ago that were held together with blu-tack.

I certainly hope so. Though it's not like Hot Toys has never made serious mistakes on figures, and produce inaccurate Iron Mans.

I hope someone goes back and re-poses them all. What a job! :yess:

Harshly criticizing what could be a partial set up of a proto at a convention! :cuckoo::slap:cuckoo::slap

Looks good so far but there’s still room for plenty of improvement. Head is to small, neck needs to be shorter. Those trap fins could be shorter and the chest piece is missing. Still with each Iron Man release they get better and better.

Harshly criticizing what could be a partial set up of a proto at a convention! :cuckoo::slap:cuckoo::slap

Not really. Hot Toys has never given us a really accurate Iron Man figure before. It looks like it could be a different sculpt than what we saw before, which looked to be much more accurate. Here the neck looks longer and the chest armor is altered. I'll stop here since it could be missing something and badly posed/shot, but I know better than to assume the best with Hot Toys when they make mistakes. I love their figures, but they aren't always winners.

first thought was the chest piece wasn't mounted correctly as his torso looks short. but yeah it's a prototype and all that, so we'll see.

If we didn't do that we'd have nothing to talk about :wink1: It's only because we care.

It was mainly an observation on my part, I'll start nit picking properly when in hand pics are out.

Back