Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

People keep trotting out this line of bull whenever fans criticise a new HS. It's demonstrably untrue as well as being patronising and pointless. From what I've seen fans on this board are as willing to cheer a good HS as they are to jeer a bad one. Consider the reaction to Loki or Black Widow, or to the improved Thor.

This is a piss poor effort at RDJ. It's not as good as either the MkIV or the MkI 2.0, and compared to Loki, Commissioner Gordon or Bruce Wayne it's frankly pathetic. They need to throw it out and start again. Making ridiculous sweeping statements about voodoo pygmys won't change that.

Yeah. Good for you.

People keep trotting out this line of bull whenever fans criticise a new HS. It's demonstrably untrue as well as being patronising and pointless. From what I've seen fans on this board are as willing to cheer a good HS as they are to jeer a bad one. Consider the reaction to Loki or Black Widow, or to the improved Thor.

This is a piss poor effort at RDJ. It's not as good as either the MkIV or the MkI 2.0, and compared to Loki, Commissioner Gordon or Bruce Wayne it's frankly pathetic. They need to throw it out and start again. Making ridiculous sweeping statements about voodoo pygmys won't change that.

First, it is absolutely true that people in these forums will tear ANYthing to shreds, no matter how well it is done. I've only been here a few months and I have seen it many times. There is no possible sculpt that would be perfect enough for some people. And YES we have had people complaining about even Loki.

Second, tastes differ. For instance you love the BW sculpt and hate the Downey one; I feel exactly the opposite. Which one of us is really correct? There is no one real answer, only our individual sensibilities; the only thing to do is vote with one's checkbook.

First, it is absolutely true that people in these forums will tear ANYthing to shreds, no matter how well it is done. I've only been here a few months and I have seen it many times. There is no possible sculpt that would be perfect enough for some people. And YES we have had people complaining about even Loki.

Second, tastes differ. For instance you love the BW sculpt and hate the Downey one; I feel exactly the opposite. Which one of us is really correct? There is no one real answer, only our individual sensibilities; the only thing to do is vote with one's checkbook.

:exactly::goodpost:

This is the problem here. Most members WON'T accept that the way they think is either wrong, or just simply their opinion. NOT FACT.

Last edited:

So Avengers line in order of awesomeness (with only partial reveal of Hulk)

Loki
IM7
Black Widow
Thor
Captain America
Nick Fury
Hawkeye
Hulk (it looks more like a plastic statue)

I really hope they give the Hulk some articulation he is already a very plain figure to not have him be very poseable just ruins all the excitement i had for the figure.

wow mike I thought my PO list was alot of money yours must be close to $3k

This is the problem here. Most members WON'T accept that the y way they think is either wrong, or just simply their opinion. NOT FACT.

People have different expectations.

Yep. I'm more worried about my kids getting home safely after school and that I am providing for my family than if some dude on a forum is upset that I like a sculpt. Couldn't care less actually. I think most of us are here to enjoy this 1/6 art form with like-minded folks rather than to argue.
I wasn't planning on getting this Mark but I'm loving it!

Yep. I'm more worried about my kids getting home safely after school and that I am providing for my family than if some dude on a forum is upset that I like a sculpt. Couldn't care less actually. I think most of us are here to enjoy this 1/6 art form with like-minded folks rather than to argue.
I wasn't planning on getting this Mark but I'm loving it!

:goodpost:

Can't wait for high res pics so i can add this to my HT wallpaper show

Loving the RDJ sculpt in That I think it looks like RDJ. What I'm kind of iffy on is whether or not I like the smirk/smile. But overall, frank fantatic and can't wait to own my first IM figure :rock

I have a feeling there will be a second release of this with the armor pod and removeable jet pack. the reason I think this is the booster pack is not very detailed (normal flaps no booster rockets deployed)

Looks like If that happens I will have 2 mark 7 though this figure looks great!!!

It's inevitable that Hot Toys will release new versions... I wouldn't be surprised if they started making 3.0's with accurate proportions and scales. True 1/6 scale.

Iron Man 3 is coming next year and I'm sure Mark 7 is in it...

Are people digging this headsculpt ?
I generally find the nit picking over the top ...... but this looks awful to me. I think the mk.4 sculpt is much better (even if it does look a little asian)

I agree with you. I think the suit is the best IM Hot Toys has done yet, but the sculpt looks terrible. The good thing is I would never be displaying it with that sculpt so it's still a must buy for me.

I figured out why i don't like the Hs

nm_Pauly_D_100819_main.jpg
558379_10150954904427344_271497192_n.jpg

:lecture Gotta love the irony.

For me Rob's HS it's ok, but it could be better. I made some little changes.

2uiavqc.jpg

I was actually wonder what the difference was beside the hair color :lol

By I'm not picky like most

Back