Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The masks made by Andrew. Better eyes and better... facial slit...
:rotfl
53E288D8-AB68-441F-B93B-F6D5A9D52F9B.jpg

I'm going to have to disagree, but if you're happy and I'm happy then we all win. :) ok, I agree on the facial slit...but for me it's all in the eyes.

I'm going to have to disagree, but if you're happy and I'm happy then we all win. :) ok, I agree on the facial slit...but for me it's all in the eyes.

I agree the new eyes do make the difference, the facial slit is less pronounced unless your really close up so I can live with it.

20140809_110234_zpsd40a5aa2.jpg

Yeah I agree. The workshop eyes seem to have the more correct shape and size:

attachment.php

Iron-Man-Pix.jpg

Iron-Man-image-iron-man-36091955-1920-1080.jpg

iron-man-the-avengers-quotes-8.jpg

Iron-Man-image-iron-man-36091956-1920-1080.jpg

The slit is better on Holo's masks, but the eyes do more to create a more accurate representation of the figure IMO.

Does anyone who has the new workshop helmet also have the helmet that came with the MMS 191 Tony Stark test set? I am curious if there is a difference or not between the two. Sorry if this was already addressed. Thanks!

Does anyone who has the new workshop helmet also have the helmet that came with the MMS 191 Tony Stark test set? I am curious if there is a difference or not between the two. Sorry if this was already addressed. Thanks!

The one with that set has a MKIV helmet, but with a MKVII ball socket. The mask also has the red part separate at the top of the faceplate(the red part is on the helmet, not the faceplate):

null_zps0bd4563f.jpg

null_zps9c7f6f13.jpg

null_zpsc8a30a9d.jpg

The one with that set has a MKIV helmet, but with a MKVII ball socket. The mask also has the red part separate at the top of the faceplate(the red part is on the helmet, not the faceplate):

null_zps0bd4563f.jpg

null_zps9c7f6f13.jpg

null_zpsc8a30a9d.jpg

I see what you mean. Even the eyes on that MKIV doesn't seem to be as narrow as the new workshop version. Thanks User!

Agreed, cant believe I have the BD and not the regular :slap

I was reading past posts on the BD mkvii thread it got ugly in there. I prefer the regular version especially now with the improved helmet (which I just ebayed).

I was reading past posts on the BD mkvii thread it got ugly in there. I prefer the regular version especially now with the improved helmet (which I just ebayed).

Yeah I'm gonna try and pick up the Regular now, but I wouldn't sell the BD, its an awesome figure

Yeah I'm gonna try and pick up the Regular now, but I wouldn't sell the BD, its an awesome figure
It is a great fig, one I would pick up if I found it at an acceptable price. But to me its a standalone piece. I thinkl it looks a little out of place in an Avengers display because everyone else is clean and BD VII is...well BD, really BD. The regular MKVII fits in more with an Avengers display.

I got the new helmet from the accessory set yesterday. The difference is makes is staggering. I really liked my VII before...but now.....:love

View attachment 126482View attachment 126481View attachment 126480

These photos just totally sold the workshop set on me. love that first shot.

the helmet differences are so small and yet the difference is a noticeable improvement. The eyes, previously a problem because they were too big, are suddenly not jarring anymore :)

Those pics are making the wait for my new workshop head in transit from HK even more painful :impatient: The last week, every time I walked past my Mk7, I just shake my head and keep walking.

My updated mk7 head came in the mail, huge improvement. Love the more aggressive look to him, cant decide which head I should put the faceplate on though, like the new one with the chin notch but lean towards the original for accuracy

My updated mk7 head came in the mail, huge improvement. Love the more aggressive look to him, cant decide which head I should put the faceplate on though, like the new one with the chin notch but lean towards the original for accuracy

The new chin IS the more accurate one. I've seen shots in the movie where the Mk7 was rendered with and without the chin notch. Again can't rely on screen grabs since a lot of the Mk7 was done with CG, and CG artists make tiny mistakes.

Full scale bust from Legacy's molds:
MFTHiN.jpg

And Legacy's statue display (pic is too big so just putting the link):
https://www.thereplicapropforum.com/gallery/data/933/iron-man-mark-vii-costume-12.JPG

Back