Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a pretty humid climate here in the Philippines, especially now that it's summer. I didn't know that such a climate can affect the paint apps on an expensive and "high quality" figure. This actually kind of disappoints me. I was shocked to see this happen to my mark 7 as I always store it inside it's box and rarely take it out. Can anyone with the same problem post pictures of their figures and if possible, show solutions for this problem?

Yep Humidity is a ***** on toys man.. all I could think of is a sand/repaint with a really good clear coat seal...

I live in a pretty humid climate here in the Philippines, especially now that it's summer. I didn't know that such a climate can affect the paint apps on an expensive and "high quality" figure. This actually kind of disappoints me. I was shocked to see this happen to my mark 7 as I always store it inside it's box and rarely take it out. Can anyone with the same problem post pictures of their figures and if possible, show solutions for this problem?

Aha kabayan! Mainit nga lately! :D

I haven't noticed the same wear yet on mine. I do have mine displayed inside a glass case on a shelf. I read here that there might be some paint issues from storing them in the box for long.

Agreed, but it would be strange for the gold to just start flaking off. My guess is that the figure is handled/posed a lot and that is where the user grips the figure most often.

It didn't flake off, it changed because if it did flake off I would definitely try saving the flaked off paint and try to find out what happened. Since it was a flaking issue, I thought that I could somehow revert the blackening to it's original gold state with some formula or something you guys might have,like some thinner type of liquid.

Ideally, collectibles should be kept in a temperature controlled environment. Anything excess (cold, heat, humidity) will be bad for them, irrespective whether they're plastic, metal, or polystone. Was the box store in the attic or in an air-conditioned room?

Ideally, collectibles should be kept in a temperature controlled environment. Anything excess (cold, heat, humidity) will be bad for them, irrespective whether they're plastic, metal, or polystone. Was the box store in the attic or in an air-conditioned room?

:goodpost: and good advice

Oh! Nice Thanks for the share, might get one, I have the BDMKVII but will probably never open it ever!

You're welcome! That seller is a friend of mine so he's trustworthy. I get some of my stuff from him. I had the BD MK 7 too but sold it. I felt every time I held it like something could break. It's so light!

Anyone else prefer the clean to the Battle damaged?
Untitled-1vii.jpg

Back