Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think no IM has topped the MkVII because none of the Iron Man armors shown on film after the Avengers featured so many features on the screen. The MKVII was armed to the teeth and had some cool features on the movie. The IP/WM2.0 and MkXLII don't nearly show-off as much in Iron Man 3.

Totally agree, the MKVII is way better in terms of features, the MK42 has to be the worst one, it seems like it was some sort of joke armor, it almost never performed properly. The only thing it did correctly was blow up and Killian still survived! and even if it didn't crash and Tony got to wear it fighting Killian the he would had died for sure, stupid prehensile crap!

Totally agree, the MKVII is way better in terms of features, the MK42 has to be the worst one, it seems like it was some sort of joke armor, it almost never performed properly. The only thing it did correctly was blow up and Killian still survived! and even if it didn't crash and Tony got to wear it fighting Killian the he would had died for sure, stupid prehensile crap!

The mark 42 was in its "test stages" the entire movie. It is his smartest suit, even in test or prototype stage. Was remote controlled by using his mind and able to attach to whoever tony thought of. It had self denotating capabilities. Weapon wise the suit was not complete

The mark 42 was in its "test stages" the entire movie. It is his smartest suit, even in test or prototype stage. Was remote controlled by using his mind and able to attach to whoever tony thought of. It had self denotating capabilities. Weapon wise the suit was not complete

Yeah your right! I remember now he was trying to blow up the helicopters and had no weapons! :slap

That is a MKIV/MKVI helmet but has a MKVII ball joint.
null_zps654aa892.jpg

I plan to use the spare helmet from the Armour Test set on my MKIV...to replace a defective original. I will Dremel out the neck 'socket' to suit the larger MKIV peg...but would prefer to remove the white socket part and work on that rather than clamp the whole helmet.

Is it possible to just pull the white socket part out of the helmet? Or is there some trick to it.

He did have weapons. But the suit was only at just over 10% power and wasn't ready for combat.
He pulled a missile out of the forearm and threw it at the helicopter.

I think it wasn't a power issue but more of a software problem. It's kinda like how a computer can't recognize new hardware before you install the necessary drivers.

I think the Mk.XLII had the potential to be an awesome suit with so many cool features, but they decided not to show that in order to keep the story focused more on Tony Stark and his resilience. I'm fine with that, but I wish they showed-off more of the armor's capabilities. The same goes with all of his other armors in the final scene. Very few armors showed new unique capabilities in the film. Most only used repulsor blasts.

Every Iron Man film so far (Avengers included) showed-off some pretty cool features for the final/hero armor. The Mk.III had cool forearm missiles and shoulder-mounted guns, Mk.VI had wrist lasers in and multiple forearm missiles and Mk.VII had an awesome deployment mechanism, ammo pods and jetpack. These features add to Hot Toys releases that create multiple display options.

The lack of armor features on film limit the display possibilities of the new Hot Toys armors IMO. The features and options on the Mk.VII in my opinion make it the best armor released by Hot Toys so far. In addition to typical poses, we can choose to display it in flight positions, different levels of battle damage, multiple weapons deployed or as a showroom fresh armor. I don't think any of the new armors released from Iron Man 3 have that many options.

I plan to use the spare helmet from the Armour Test set on my MKIV...to replace a defective original. I will Dremel out the neck 'socket' to suit the larger MKIV peg...but would prefer to remove the white socket part and work on that rather than clamp the whole helmet.

Is it possible to just pull the white socket part out of the helmet? Or is there some trick to it.

It's possible.
Each time i have done it, i have needed the whole helmet apart to fit a face in there, but i know how it is put together. The main problem is that the white part is glued to the upper inside of the helmet(Where the very top of Tony's head would be).
It makes it hard to pull the part out.
BUT.
There are no electronics in there. So, when you get the helmet(Assuming you don't have it already), full a large mug with boiling water and put the helmet in there for at least a couple of minutes. Then remove it and try using needle nosed pliers to pull that part out, taking care to avoid damaging the lid itself.
Keep in mind even if you to totally trash the white part, you could easily still make something else to fit onto the MKIV neck.
If that seems a bit invasive, just dremel the ball joint larger and large till it fits the MKIV neck.

full a large mug with boiling water and put the helmet in there for at least a couple of minutes.

Hi Barry, just wondering but would the thermal shock of hot water cause the paint to discolor? When I rebuilt the shoulder armor that got detached on my Mk.VII I had to soak it in boiling water to remove the hinge from the shoulder pad and give me more access to install the spring and pin that attaches the shoulder pad to the arm. I noticed the shoulder pad that I soaked in hot water is ever so slightly faded compared to the rest of the armor now.

The fading is only visible under bright light. Where the other parts of the armor would have a deep red, the affected shoulder pad seems to have a slightly cloudy clear coat on it now. I wonder if the hot water bath caused this?

Hi Barry, just wondering but would the thermal shock of hot water cause the paint to discolor? When I rebuilt the shoulder armor that got detached on my Mk.VII I had to soak it in boiling water to remove the hinge from the shoulder pad and give me more access to install the spring and pin that attaches the shoulder pad to the arm. I noticed the shoulder pad that I soaked in hot water is ever so slightly faded compared to the rest of the armor now.

The fading is only visible under bright light. Where the other parts of the armor would have a deep red, the affected shoulder pad seems to have a slightly cloudy clear coat on it now. I wonder if the hot water bath caused this?

I have never tried it with an armour part, only usually with headsculpts(Which showed no such discolouration).
If you are worried, use a hair dryer on the part to gently warm it.
Or just the dremel.
No need to take unnecessary risks.

Shoddy painting of the gold..... basically HT neglected to seal the gold paint with a clear coat before shipping it out.... I had a Mk. IV which had missing parts and gold paint going bad as well...

It looks more like the gold paint wearing out and exposing a silver basecoat underneath rather than actual paint darkening. Curious to know your climate and how you store that figure too.

It looks more like the gold paint wearing out and exposing a silver basecoat underneath rather than actual paint darkening. Curious to know your climate and how you store that figure too.

Agreed, but it would be strange for the gold to just start flaking off. My guess is that the figure is handled/posed a lot and that is where the user grips the figure most often.

I live in a pretty humid climate here in the Philippines, especially now that it's summer. I didn't know that such a climate can affect the paint apps on an expensive and "high quality" figure. This actually kind of disappoints me. I was shocked to see this happen to my mark 7 as I always store it inside it's box and rarely take it out. Can anyone with the same problem post pictures of their figures and if possible, show solutions for this problem?

Back