Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and speaking of customer service...underground figures has told me it will be another couple of weeks before they ship because that's what SS told them. i attempted to confirm that with SS and christine told me to check with underground figures because she didn't have that information, even after it was explained that they said two weeks past what they previously told me. you think maybe she could of asked someone that did know? like i said, customer service is on life support now a days. it's a sad truth about america and the attitudes of people in that position.

Last edited:
I had a very weird experience with CSC back in July of 2011. I was searching everywhere for a HT Ghost Rider. The only place that had it in stock was CSC and I saw they raised the price to $250. I went in the store and asked to purchase it. The cashier told me I had to bid on it through ebay. I told him I have money right now to purchase it in person and asked him why I can't just purchase it. I went on my phone and searched for their auction and there was no listing. He wouldn't give me a straight answer and just went to the back office. I went on ebay and used the buy it now feature to buy it for $220 including shipping for a brand new figure sealed in the shipper. I knocked on the office door and said you just lost out on $250 and I bought it for cheaper on ebay. Then I stormed out. Unfortunate for them, I've never been back. I buy HTs quite often and they've lost out on every possible sale and preorder since then. Why deny a sale to a paying customer? Since then I've brought the majority of my business to SSC, BBTS, & AE. All three have superior cs over csc and they have never played any games.

I can vouch for CSC. Richard was great to deal with when I prevordered the 89 Batmobile. He answered every question I had and was really helpful. I ended up buying another HT when I was there and preordered some new HTs too.

Perferred customer treatment isnt new to this hobby. It will always happen. Ive gone to several comic shops only to be ignored, and and I say to myself, "they just lost a big customer." A shop around me jokes my brother and I make up 5% of his sales. Point is, if they dont want your business, dont shop there. There are other places happy to take your money.

Last edited:
all customers should be treated the same, in person or online. a sale is a sale and just because they are nice to you, doesn't justify the lack of customer support to people they don't meet face to face.

customer support is a DYING art. being able to diffuse an angry customer and keep them coming back for more business is how i learned it was done. today nobody cares if they keep your business once they get it. it's really quite sad knowing at one time in america, that people felt they had an obligation to give you what you paid for.
:goodpost::exactly:

I can vouch for CSC. Richard was great to deal with when I prevordered the 89 Batmobile. He answered every question I had and was really helpful. I enfed buying another HT when I was there too.
I'm glad you had a great experience with them. If they are pleasant and they treat you right, good. Unfortunately, my experience was disappointing and I will never go back. I used to be a regular customer of theirs till that one experience. I just have no tolerance for bad customer service since there are some companies that have good cs and treat the consumer right. They deserve my dollar.

It's very weird how retailers are...some people have great experiences with a certain store, yet others have a different experience.

I have to come to CSC and Richard's defense here...they are my LCS and I think their service is awesome! Maybe because I know them face to face and that Richard knows my name (I feel like Cheers when I go there) and I have been buying from them ever since the first release of HT Robocop came out.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with them but they have always given me excellent customer service.

As far as timeline, they got HT Snake Eyes last week. And that was on par with BBTS was it not? ie I saw BBTS website say S.E. was in stock and I got my email from CSC the very next day to pick him up.

I can vouch for CSC. Richard was great to deal with when I prevordered the 89 Batmobile. He answered every question I had and was really helpful. I enfed buying another HT when I was there too.

I too have had some customer delight moments with CSC. Trust me, it was quite sudden that they were not so customer friendly anymore. And maybe, co-incidently, Richard was there as the CS person so I formed an opinion. But it was after Poison Ivy PF thingy I really smelled something fishy. I contacted Alter Ego, BBTS, and couple of other well known retailers and asked them if that was the case (shipping restrictions). But they said no such thing about it.

Anyways.

@Jon Stark: I couldn't buy Huckleberry Paranorman figures from CSC when they went up for sale on their website. When they had sold out (on the website), I saw their listing for the same 8 figures on eBay. Naturally, it was at a higher price. I contacted customer support and asked if I can buy from the website / via PayPal invoice to save on the eBay fees. They categorically said "no". Said that the eBay CSC was a different entity kind of a thing. So, maybe there is something with CSC store and CSC on eBay.

All I know is, I paid in full up front for my figure more than a year ago, and it had better show up.

I too have had some customer delight moments with CSC. Trust me, it was quite sudden that they were not so customer friendly anymore. And maybe, co-incidently, Richard was there as the CS person so I formed an opinion. But it was after Poison Ivy PF thingy I really smelled something fishy. I contacted Alter Ego, BBTS, and couple of other well known retailers and asked them if that was the case (shipping restrictions). But they said no such thing about it.

Anyways.

@Jon Stark: I couldn't buy Huckleberry Paranorman figures from CSC when they went up for sale on their website. When they had sold out (on the website), I saw their listing for the same 8 figures on eBay. Naturally, it was at a higher price. I contacted customer support and asked if I can buy from the website / via PayPal invoice to save on the eBay fees. They categorically said "no". Said that the eBay CSC was a different entity kind of a thing. So, maybe there is something with CSC store and CSC on eBay.

I was on my phone, found their ebay store, searched through all their listings and there was none for a HT Ghost Rider. I showed it to him and he walked to the back room and shut the door. Fishy is probably the best way to describe the experience. I even showed him that I had the cash to purchase it! :gah:

I was on my phone, found their ebay store, searched through all their listings and there was none for a HT Ghost Rider. I showed it to him and he walked to the back room and shut the door. Fishy is probably the best way to describe the experience. I even showed him that I had the cash to purchase it! :gah:

there are several retailers in the biz with no integrity. they'll cancel preorders of people if they see the value went up, then sell the item on ebay. to me retailers that do that are parasites.

one of the few complaints i have of BBTS is they will adjust the price of a popular item that is sort after according to ebay value and they go over retail. sometimes by a lot! to me, either they're a retailer or they're not! haven't heard of them cancelling someone's order and doing that. LOW!

Hmmm... Sounds strange. As if you were Jack Reacher looking for Sandy at the store. :D

Anyways, Lord knows what happened to them. But I don't think I will be going back to them. Especially now, when they have almost the same prices as SSC.

there are several retailers in the biz with no integrity. they'll cancel preorders of people if they see the value went up, then sell the item on ebay. to me retailers that do that are parasites.

one of the few complaints i have of BBTS is they will adjust the price of a popular item that is sort after according to ebay value and they go over retail. sometimes by a lot! to me, either they're a retailer or they're not!

I fail to see what the problem is with bbts. Its supply and demand. I remember how mad people got when bbts had hawkeye up for $260. Guess what, they offered it for $172 originally, then $189. Not thier fault you failed to preorder.

I fail to see what the problem is with bbts. Its supply and demand. I remember how mad people got when bbts had hawkeye up for $260. Guess what, they offered it for $172 originally, then $189. Not thier fault you failed to preorder.

i think as a retailer, and one who wants to display integrity to it's customers, they should set the retail price for the stock they have until sell out and not be greedy to the point of matching an increased ebay value. don't get me wrong, if someone wants to flip, that's they're business. but a retailer should be more concerned with their customer base first. can you imagine if sideshow adjusted their prices in line with ebay? :lol i already think they did with PF and some hugely inflated pieces but that's another subject.

btw, i like bbts and do a majority of my purchases there.

Last edited:
CSC has gone down hill ever since their credit card fiasco a couple years ago.
Luckily I wasn't caught up in that but haven't gone back to them since.

If anyone ordered from fanboycollectibles, Troy just got his shipment in and should be sending out invoices today.

IMAG0791_1.jpg

Sheer Awesomeness! Thanks for sharing!

Hey after an online store meets all pre-orders and they have in hand stock sitting on the shelf...they can sell it at whatever price they want...that is fair...but if someone PO and as we have heard in these threads that some stores cancel your PO saying they can't get them and THEN sell stock at the same time on EBAY for a higher price....that is big time wrong.

I always wonder if these stores don't think people will see them on Ebay...most online stores use an EBAY name similar or the exact same as thier online store.

all customers should be treated the same, in person or online. a sale is a sale and just because they are nice to you, doesn't justify the lack of customer support to people they don't meet face to face.

customer support is a DYING art. being able to diffuse an angry customer and keep them coming back for more business is how i learned it was done. today nobody cares if they keep your business once they get it. it's really quite sad knowing at one time in america, that people felt they had an obligation to give you what you paid for.

Ya Right! I was never a angry customer. I was sent on my B-Day a 25% coupon and then the person wasted more time. Then my discount would have been, great way to save money SSC. I will say I did not read the find print I seen it on my Droid my bad but still, but why send someone who is s customer a 25% off their 1st order when then have 12 items on order in the 1st place?

As far as the USA goes. I know longer work anymore, don't need too. But I was a GM (3 time and I am sure everyone on this board has my tech in there hands) and you know there are times its just better to give the customer something then piss them off (as long as you can tell they are not trying to rip you off).

I have a place in Big Bear Calif. There was a bottle of Scotch that the sign said $19.99. Cool. It ring up at $69.99 it was place in the wrong place. The GM at 1st thought I was pulling a fast one. Then I just said it cool, he look at me and charged me the $19.99 (I both a 2nd on a full price).

If I have not made my point SSC and most USA companies feel you as a person with money need to kiss their A$$.... BTW I love what happen to hostess. I know the people (and I am one of them) who bought the metal.

Yes I live in the USA! Yes I am mad at SSC... I don't care what I spent. Its being called a bad customer!

Last edited:
Back