Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone im looking for a mark vii as well so if you have one and are expecting a reasonable amount for it feel free to pm me thanks

Just received mine today I sure love this beauty. Only issue is the stand why can't they make one that will actually hold him in place instead of just having it lean against the stupid base. Anyways congrats on everyone relieving there's!!

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Hot toys sculpts their heads by hand still...

And Kara as for the Armors they have all been done in a computer the difference with the 7 though is Marvel actually gave HT their renderings, where as before HT would have to build their own

i thought i read they were laser sculpted. hand sculpted makes them amazing. i wouldn't think that much detail could ever be done by hand. would think 3D rendering with laser was the way they were made. i'm shocked! :thud:

Do they sculpt in the same size as the figure or do they sculpt a much larger head and then scan it and reduce it by computer?

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Do they sculpt in the same size as the figure or do they sculpt a much larger head and then scan it and reduce it by computer?

they sculpt in 1/6 scale, I think Neca does larger sculpts and down sizes but HT is sculpted by hand in 1/6 scale

Last edited:
I know...3 weeks posting, 4 unsuccessful waitlists with different dealers and no PM's for me either...:(

maybe I will try the marketplace...

Still don't have one...that should say how my PM convo went

I'll continue to look at everyone else's pics in awe lol

Keep the pics coming everyone, it motivates (and tortures) us poor saps who do not have one :)

Me too. It's gonna be a pain in the *** to figure out what I want to display it with. He just comes with so much.

Very true, I think I'm already leaning towards the battle damaged parts - definitely going to be using the repulsor wrists, can't see using the headsculpt though, not too thrilled with it, and plus I already have the Mark IV with the RDJ headsculpt and sunglasses on display.

Very true, I think I'm already leaning towards the battle damaged parts - definitely going to be using the repulsor wrists, can't see using the headsculpt though, not too thrilled with it, and plus I already have the Mark IV with the RDJ headsculpt and sunglasses on display.

Since I'm getting the BD release later I don't think I'll use them. Struggling to choose weapons. And I might use the RDJ sculpt until I get my custom faceplate. All this planning goes to **** once I get this guy in hand though.

Hmmm...I guess based on past experience, Sideshow is the distributor to all US retailers and they get theirs first and send out to the them the same time they send out to their customers. So it's probably going to be in the next week or so that other US retailers start shipping out. The farther they are from California, the longer the wait.

Since I'm getting the BD release later I don't think I'll use them. Struggling to choose weapons. And I might use the RDJ sculpt until I get my custom faceplate. All this planning goes to **** once I get this guy in hand though.

I am going to keep my Regular Mark7 clean too, since I am also getting the BD version. I ordered my Mark7 from BBTS, and I hope they get theirs soon. I am seeing all of the sweet pics of this figure and having a bunch of ideas on how I want to display mine.
I think I am going to use the Stark head sculpt on my Mark2 AU.
I also have a modded faceplate i made for my Mark7 that I am anxious to try on the figure when I finally get mine.
:impatient::impatient:

Can't wait to have this stupid thing in my POL, so I can finally ship my stupid Thor and stupid Loki. I've only been waiting for stupid Thor since March, no biggie. Stupid ****ing AAAAARRRRRGGGHHGHGH!!!!!

I JUST bought mine!!! I created a "wanted" ad through my local kijiji and I got a reply from the most awesome guy in the world.

This weekend has now become EPIC!

Pics will post soon ;)

Back